It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gov. McAuliffee: You Are not Welcome

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: whatnext21

Oh my...

No these scumbag Nazi's purposely try and provoke this response. The libs are just to unorganized and dumb to realize they are being baited.

Nazi's don't care about the 1 st amendment. They are trying to incite violence and gain recruits.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: underwerks

Communists have killed more than the Nazi's, should we shut them up?

Islam has killed more people than the commies, should we shut them up?

Christianity has killed more people than the Muslims, should we shut them up?

Are any of those groups holding rallies and spreading genocidal rhetoric against other Americans? And cozying up to politicians and political groups under the guise of "free speech"?

There's your answer.

So you're saying any time a Muslim, a Christian, even a communist speaks freely, you want them shut up?

Ok.

Whatever.

*shrugs*

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

Are any of those groups holding rallies and spreading genocidal rhetoric against other Americans? And cozying up to politicians and political groups under the guise of "free speech"?

There's your answer.

Sharia (law) well that was easy. Next.

Sharia law doesn't exist in America, and can't thanks to our constitution. Despite the propaganda everyone wallows in.

That was easy. Next.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: ketsuko

well gee.... it would kind of stop them from also, wouldn't it??? besides, they aren't flocking to the town, they are suing the local gov't..
and maybe I am wrong, but they would have to be suing on behalf someone who has been harmed in some way from the action the local gov't has taken... someone or someones in the community would have to sign the complaint...

And? They are still moving from clear across the country on a local government that has no connection at all to them.

I addressed this. Before you say, they are acting on behalf of an aggrieved person in the town ...

Consider this group could be petitioning on behalf of the one aggrieved white nationalist who wants to make his or her voice heard to the local government removing the statue. It's the same idea.

If it's invalid for individuals not directly connected to the government to get involved, then it's invalid no matter the circumstances, but you are spinning to permit the one because you agree with it.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   

There's your answer.

So you're saying any time a Muslim, a Christian, even a communist speaks freely, you want them shut up?

Ok.

Whatever.

*shrugs*

Man that is a tough one for me. Personally I would like to say yes but I know it's wrong.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Whatever you say because lefties are always right.
I will not respond to posts by trolls from the left. Waste of time

After looking more into his background, I can no longer support his possible total innocence in this incident. He was a neo-supreme supporter and although he me than likely did not set out to end his day the way it did. It happened.

However that being said the far left are bringing these groups to more extreme stance with their while bashing rhetoric. Whitelash, white guilt, white shame ,white retribution, cllege classes to shame whites. Obama started all of this. He stared reverse race wars. Only he as the community agitator can end it. Nobody will listen to a word from trump, that has been proven since he was president-elect.
edit on 8/13/2017 by whatnext21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: whatnext21

Whatever you say because lefties are always right.
I will not respond to posts by trolls from the left. Waste of time.

OK got it

No these scumbag Nazi's purposely try and provoke this response. The libs are just to unorganized and dumb to realize they are being baited.
edit on 13-8-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: whatnext21

Oh my...

Nazi's don't care about the 1 st amendment. They are trying to incite violence and gain recruits.

What we saw in this town is the age-old clash of the Euro right/left. In other words, communists verses fascists. Two different versions of totalitarianism.

They don't play nice and neither one is where the country should go. People should look at it long and hard, not seek to sweep it under the rug so that it can continue to seduce kids by telling everyone how nice and tolerant it is ... and fair.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   
www.businessinsider.com... guess its being classified as terrorism by the administration now

.R. McMaster tells ABC's "This Week" that "anytime that you commit an attack against people to incite fear, it is terrorism." One person died Saturday when a car rammed into a crowd of protesters in Charlottesville as tension boiled over at a white supremacist rally. McMaster calls it "a criminal act against fellow Americans. A criminal act that may have been motivated — and we'll see what's turned up in this investigation — by this hatred and bigotry, which I mentioned we have to extinguish in our nation."

www.usatoday.com... and i guess the rally will be allowed to continue despite all the chaos

A federal judge's ruling has cleared the way for the alt-right group "Unite the Right" and white nationalists to hold a rally in downtown Charlottesville, Va., Saturday near the endangered statue of Robert E. Lee over the objections of wary city authorities. U.S. District Judge Glen Conrad ordered a preliminary injunction late Friday night in a lawsuit filed against the city by right-wing blogger Jason Kessler.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Wait a sec. Hitler got credit for 17 million. Stalin and Mao combined, add up to just over a hundred million. Christianity falls somewhere in the middle of that at 56 million. Islam could claim over 10 million ... maybe.

Just keeping the numbers straight.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   

There's your answer.

Sharia law doesn't exist in America, and can't thanks to our constitution. Despite the propaganda everyone wallows in.

That was easy. Next.

You obviously know NOTHING of the Constitution or you are being disingenuous trying to support your political ideology. If you did support the Constitution or understand it, you wouldn't be trying to ban anyone from their freedom to assemble OR speech!

Next!

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   

There's your answer.

Ok.

Whatever.

*shrugs*

Nope, you're twisting my words to try and make a point.

Should it be legal to yell fire in a movie theater, intending to hurt people? Is that past your line? Or do you believe in complete freedom of speech where it should be legal to do things like that?

I'm not trying to pick a fight, I'm just wondering if you support complete freedom of speech when it directly endangers the physical safety of people, like in the movie theater example.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

You keep saying that but there really is no proof of anything other than the Nazi's and some college kids.

The woman killed lived in town.

Several churches had members beaten and maced.

The Nazi's literally want this to happen.

If this were a alt left rally through the middle of a conservative college with the intention of provoking I would put more blame on them.

Yes it was both sides fault but don't pretend the purpose of a white nationalist is actually exercising their 1 st amendment right. They are cowards hiding behind the good of the constituion.

Yeah sone lefty college kids seemed pretty bad too. I just have an issue personally with Nazi's and holding a rally to spread hate. I don't think they should loose the right to do so but my right is to think they are vile scumbags.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

There's your answer.

That was easy. Next.

You obviously know NOTHING of the Constitution or you are being disingenuous trying to support your political ideology. If you did support the Constitution or understand it, you wouldn't be trying to ban anyone from their freedom to assemble OR speech!

Next!

You're being disingenuous saying I want to ban anyones freedom of speech or freedom to assemble. I never said that. I'm just raising questions I have.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   

That's tired and old.

They can spew all they want and you are claiming they were yelling "fire?" No. It's no more yelling "fire" than when Louis Farrakhan gives any of his speeches and rants on about white devils.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

That's tired and old.

They can spew all they want and you are claiming they were yelling "fire?" No. It's no more yelling "fire" than when Louis Farrakhan gives any of his speeches and rants on about white devils.

In the context of me and DB's conversation, I'm not comparing yelling fire in a movie theater to the rhetoric of the white nationalists at the rally, I'm just using it as an example of the limits we place on free speech.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

It's in the usage, in context.

It would be a strange scene for inclusive people and exclusive people to be fighting carrying identical banners.

Of course people who have long lived here are made up of the land. That's where the minerals come from that constitutes our bodies, along with the air and water.

I look different than many of my cousins and grandchildren; different ethnic mixes. Am I more American than they? Not at all.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   

That's tired and old.

In the context of me and DB's conversation, I'm not comparing yelling fire in a movie theater to the rhetoric of the white nationalists at the rally, I'm just using it as an example of the limits we place on free speech.

You really like to find limits on free speech.

I'd like to think that I'm on the side of freedom and am for more free expression rather than less.

Keep on with your advocacy of silencing others though. It's seems like it is quite popular.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

That's tired and old.

You really like to find limits on free speech.

I'd like to think that I'm on the side of freedom and am for more free expression rather than less.

Keep on with your advocacy of silencing others though. It's seems like it is quite popular.

On a side note I wonder if the guys with the BCM's and Soviskes Ar's are the same 40 something year old dudes dressed in Kevlar when I go and play airsoft with my son. Those guys with 8k in gear always suck at the actual game.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Have I ever said I think otherwise about their scumbag status?

some college kids

Have you been paying attention to what has been going on on college campuses recently? "Some college kids" is about all you have to say to understand where the leftists are coming from in this scenario. UVA is the home of the bogus campus rape story published by Rolling Stone for example that set of the campus "rape culture" craze.

en.wikipedia.org...

Thing is that there are plenty of scumbag groups in this country who are perfectly free to be absolute scumbags, give speeches, hold rallies, even speak to kids in schools, and to say otherwise is sometimes even considered controversial, but Nazis ... OMG! If they want to have a rally, all hell breaks loose and we better ban them.

Now, don't get me wrong, they're scum, but IMO, they're no more scummy than some of those others I am thinking of others who even have protected status in some cases because we have to be a "fair" and PC society, but here we are having a big ol' controversy over them having a march and yelling angry things for a couple days while other scumbags are protected.

Some scumbags are more equal than others it seems.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join