It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gov. McAuliffee: You Are not Welcome

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I don't believe that. This would be a disagree moment.

I know for a fact they don't care about the 1st amendment. Their goal is violence. These idiots actually write about it.

Technically yes you need to restrain yourself and there is a legal right and wrong. But I doubt a bunch of tax protesters have these problems.

Now Maybe I would suggest a counter protest in the town over, as a totally separate event. Let them get covered separately. It may be one of the few things the right and left can assemble in unity against.

However the idea of no news even covering their protest would be awesome. Just a day of morons in the park and then it's over.

Unfortunately this is exactly what the white supremacists wanted. They engineered this to perfection knowing the response would happen.

Next time it will be worse if some leadership isn't present to make sure a counter protest is nonviolent.

It would be the strongest message if a separate republican rally happened in protest of the alternative right. Like a Ben sasse like guy leading it
edit on 13-8-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
people who live in ohio shouldn't have a say when it comes to what a town council decides in virginia.

Using your approach the south might still have had segregation.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

don't know, but it seems that the proper course of action would be that those of the north should be petitioning the federal gov't to intervene on the issue with federal laws that would prohibit segregation in the south...
not flock to those communities in the south to protest.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vorian
Gov. McAuliffee of VA Speaks

You think you are patriots, but you are not patriots....you came here to hurt peple today...you made our commonwealth stronger. There is no place for you here, there is no place for you in America.

Governor McCauliffee makes a strong statement that the White Supremacists were not welcome. He notes they should go home...they were NOT from there.

The White Supremacists were outsiders, not the other way around as some have said.

I'm glad he spoke out, and all right minded people would only agree with him... of course the there are those who will jump straight to the video being faked, as if it is so inconceivable that an honest man can stand up and say that, which in most decent minds, is exactly what you would expect...word for word! Good on him.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: Vorian

Before I read this in your own words why should we care what this chump thinks and are there any other sources than cnn ?

Will he say something different if you watch the video on FOX?

Excellent point. The poster you responded to doesn’t understand that at least evil is denounced by this politician something Trump can’t even summon up the intelligence and morality to do.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

don't know, but it seems that the proper course of action would be that those of the north should be petitioning the federal gov't to intervene on the issue with federal laws that would prohibit segregation in the south...
not flock to those communities in the south to protest.

The 'proper course of action' is not to curtail people's Constitutional rights because you don't like the fact where they are exercising them.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: underwerks

a reply to: underwerks

Do you think you should be able to talk about pot legalization in a state that doesn't have it legalized?

Yes. But if the basis for pot legalization rested on the idea of exterminating an entire race of people and spreading that ideology along with it I might not feel the same.

fair enough.

So you're "on the fence" or are you FOR thought police?

I'm not for thought police. I'm just wondering where people draw the line.

The Nazis beliefs and rallies don't exist in a vacuum. These rallies are about exterminating entire groups of people. Let's be honest, that's the end game here, beyond all the cries of nationalism and free speech.

I think a lot of people are being willfully blind to the true nature of these groups. Should they be allowed to spout their hate in public? Sure. As any idiot should be.

I mean, even the ACLU agrees. It was the ACLU who stood up for the Nazis in this case and got the city to give them a permit for the rally, when the city didn't want them to come.

That being said there are limits when speech will cause physical harm to someone, such as shouting fire in a movie theater. I'm curious where the lines people draw are, as I'm not completely sure where mine is.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: joemoe
Bigotry exists on both sides. Those on the far left and the far right. What occurred in VA is the fault of both sides of the fringe. Least the governor should do is admit that.

Are you kidding me? He would never admit tha antifa and blm were brought in (without a permit) to stir the pot. They are the tool of soros and the community aggrivator obama. They should never have picked this "blue" state to protest in. The mayor and governor et al are so far up the democratic skirt with hillary and podesta (look it up) it would be laughable if it did not end so tragically.

Would a red state have held their police forces back? We're they looking for this outcome so they could finally state unequivocally to the masses that right is evil left is good? Why was left not called out for all they have done, they were most likely the provacateers in this whole mess.
edit on 8/13/2017 by whatnext21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Communists have killed more than the Nazi's, should we shut them up?

Islam has killed more people than the commies, should we shut them up?

Christianity has killed more people than the Muslims, should we shut them up?

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: whatnext21

Is it both sides fault or not?

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

That's racist. You totally ignored the Muslims slaughter of the Indians in the mogul invasions in India. They are number 1

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

whatever...
what city do you live in again, maybe next time it decides to do something like fund a dog park or something, I'll gather a mob from the four corners of the country to come protest with anti dogs signs or something. let's see how you like a bunch of strangers invading you town, marching down your roads, causing chaos in your streets trying to bully your city's elected leaders into doing what they want them to do instead of what your community wants...

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: pthena
The ideology of Blood and Soil is completely out of place in America.

link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Local government know they were coming. It is up to local government to feed up the chain if they don't think they can handle it.

This was the issue with the national guard and FEMA not going in during Hurricane Katrina. Everyone blamed Bush, but Bush could not order them in. It is up to the locals to call for help from state and for state to send it, and if state can't contain it, then they call from the Feds.

As to the government they were petitioning? Which one was removing the statue? The local one. Nothing says you have no business being upset at an action not within your area. And nothing says you cannot protest an action that a local government is taking.

If that's the case, then what business does the Freedom from Religion Group have suing every local government in states clear across the country for doing things they take exception to? They aren't based in those communities, and before you say they are acting on behalf of ... for all you know, these groups came in on behalf of that one aggrieved white nationalist too.

link   

originally posted by: Willtell

originally posted by: Abysha

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: Vorian

Before I read this in your own words why should we care what this chump thinks and are there any other sources than cnn ?

Will he say something different if you watch the video on FOX?

Excellent point. The poster you responded to doesn’t understand that at least evil is denounced by this politician something Trump can’t even summon up the intelligence and morality to do.

Trump did but hey lets ignore that fact. He didn't take sides and that's what a true leader does. He condemned all the violence that occured. Antifa and the Alt-Right are full of morons who act like football hooligans. Quit blaimng Trump for everything. If he had banned the Alt-Right from assembling people would be outraged and cry about the right for free speech. Same goes for banning the anti-potesters and Antifa from attending the rally. The governor of VA willfully ignored the dangers of letting both parties clash and chaos was the result. Geez who would've thought that this could backfire.
edit on 13-8-2017 by Perfectenemy because: (no reason given)

link   

whatever...
what city do you live in again, maybe next time it decides to do something like fund a dog park or something, I'll gather a mob from the four corners of the country to come protest with anti dogs signs or something. let's see how you like a bunch of strangers invading you town, marching down your roads, causing chaos in your streets trying to bully your city's elected leaders into doing what they want them to do instead of what your community wants...

My town is in my profile, and someone beat you to it last year when Black Lives Matter showed up.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Are any of those groups holding rallies and spreading genocidal rhetoric against other Americans? And cozying up to politicians and political groups under the guise of "free speech"?

There's your answer.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

I wasn't there, but I see the left side as the ones who gravitate towards violence to stir the pot, turn up the heat and see how long it takes for it to boil over. Hmm, lefties punch a defenseless horse, shoot a senator at a baseball game, stump trump very move he makes, cry foul over the slightest thing they disagree with, you tell me.

This 20 year old was probably provoked extremely to lead him to take the drastic steps he took. But I wait to hear the whole story not just the side of the left.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

well gee.... it would kind of stop them from also, wouldn't it??? besides, they aren't flocking to the town, they are suing the local gov't..
and maybe I am wrong, but they would have to be suing on behalf someone who has been harmed in some way from the action the local gov't has taken... someone or someones in the community would have to sign the complaint...

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Are any of those groups holding rallies and spreading genocidal rhetoric against other Americans? And cozying up to politicians and political groups under the guise of "free speech"?

There's your answer.

Sharia (law) well that was easy. Next.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join