It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video Interview With the Terrorist's Mother

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

Actually, we don't. Here are the FBI's actual crime/arrest stats (HERE). 2015 is the last year I was able to find that was broken down by race and the link breaks the arrests down by different crimes.

Total Arrests:
Total: 8,248,709
White: 5,753,212 (69.7%)
Black or African American: 2,197,140 (26.6%)
American Indian or Native American: 164,020 (2.1%)
Asian: 101,064 (1.2%)
Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander: 22,273 (0.3%)

As you can tell, "white" Americans make up the largest percentage by far with almost 3 times as many arrests as African Americans. The table doesn't show the conviction rates, but 69.7% is astounding nonetheless. Clearly the perceptions and stereotypes don't match the actual stats, which is why nobody every reports the raw numbers or actual percentages of crimes committed. Instead they have to come up with strange permutations of the stats in order to justify the stereotypes that have been listed several times in this very thread.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 05:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: Abysha

Swing and a miss.

So the new buzz words for you guys is "nazi" and "terrorist", I think you need to grow up and stop trying to start trouble.

Her son was a terrorist and dressed in the garb of the Vanguard America, a self-described white nationalist group.

So "nazi" and "terrorist" aren't buzz words for this rally. It's a reality and those words are the accurate ones to use.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Was her reaction not strange? I wasn't making a political statement when pointing that part out. This is ATS, home of the "pick apart weird behavior after a tragedy". But you think he brought up black people because I said the mother was acting bizarrely? I wasn't "smearing" her. This interview is feakin' weird. Have you actually watched it?

If you are being absolutely genuine, why did you make this thread in the mud pit?

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

I don't think you understand statistics. African Americans accounted for 26% of the crimes, while comprising 13% of the population. Whites accounted for 69%, while comprising 62%-77% of the population, depending on what is categorized as "white". Meaning African Americans are basically twice as likely to commit a crime as whites.
edit on 13-8-2017 by TruMcCarthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 05:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: CatandtheHatchet

Was her reaction not strange? I wasn't making a political statement when pointing that part out. This is ATS, home of the "pick apart weird behavior after a tragedy". But you think he brought up black people because I said the mother was acting bizarrely? I wasn't "smearing" her. This interview is feakin' weird. Have you actually watched it?

If you are being absolutely genuine, why did you make this thread in the mud pit?

I started making ALL my threads in the mudpit. There are mods who delete threads they don't personally like (anti-Trump) and say they belong in the mudpit. However, if you make a thread in the mudpit and it doesn't belong there, they won't delete it and, instead, just move it to where they think it should go.

In fact, in my last thread, I explain that in the OP. I've had too many threads deleted because of a mod not agreeing with it.
edit on 13-8-2017 by Abysha because: clarifying

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 05:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy

originally posted by: Abysha

originally posted by: KungfuStu

Well I think the poster is pointing out that the African Americans have a higher crime rate per percentage of population. Not judging but I believe that was the sentiment just to captain obvious it for you.

Thank you but I already knew that. It's just nice to see people say what they mean. I mean if you're going to Nazi, Nazi boldly.

So claiming that African Americans have higher crime rates (which is factual), is now Nazi? Now I guess if the truth isn't convenient to liberal views, then that means it is Nazi. Geez, we are screwed.

No, bringing up crime statistics that are deeply rooted in socio-economic causation, attributing them to a specific ethnicity, and then using that as a response towards a white nationalist trying to kill a crowd of people?

Yeah... I don't mind saying that's a bit Nazi-ish.

Wrong. The poster was responding to your statement of : "Parents out there, please be more involved in your children's lives"

With : "What's funny about the thread is look at the crime in this country. Who commits the majority of it. Then tell me again which parents should be paying more attention in this country. "

His response didn't have anything to do with Nazis, or vehicular homicide. It was concerning parents being more involved in their children's lives.

Ok... but why do you think he brought that up at all? Any idea?

I can't speak for his intentions, but my guess would be because it seemed as though you were trying to smear this shocked mother (insinuating that she was high, or that her behavior was bizarre?). Do you do the same to the mother of an African American when he murders other African Americans? Individuals should be judged on their own actions, their parents shouldn't be smeared for no reason.

I wasn't "smearing" her. This interview is feakin' weird. Have you actually watched it?

Of course I watched it. No, I didn't find anything bizarre about it at all. It seemed like a mother who was in disbelief that her son would do something so horrible. Seemed perfectly in line with reality in my view. I understand your point about ATS being a conspiracy site, so maybe I shouldn't have been so against you questioning what is reality, I just didn't find anything at all out of the ordinary with her response.

We looked at it very differently, then. To me, she didn't seem to be in disbelief at all. And she chuckled a few times and spoke light-heartedly about things like cat-sitting. That's why I suggested either high or in shock.

I don't know any parent who wouldn't have broke down crying after first hearing their son just committed a terrorist act and killed somebody.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 06:12 AM
link   

I deal with parents that are blinded side by something their child has been accused of doing on a regular basis.

I see nothing strange or suspicious about her behavior. He was 20 years old. He obviously didn't advertise his intentions to his mother.

I wouldn't expect the mother of a 20 year to be micromanaging her child's life, and if they are, it is likely causing a rift in their relationship.

I usually deal with the parents of minors being delivered the bad news about their minor child. I would expect more involvement from the parents of the minors, yet our societal norm is to give them their privacy.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

I understand statistics quite well. I understand that if 10 crimes are reported as I type this, 7 of the culprits will be "white" Americans. If 100 crimes are committed today, 69 of them will be committed by "white" Americans. If 1,000 crimes are committed in the US, 697 of them will be committed by a "white American". The vast majority of crimes are not being committed by African Americans, which is my point.

That's why people like you never use the actual number of crimes or the actual percentages of crimes committed. If all African Americans disappeared overnight, the vast majority of crimes would still happen here because we're not the ones committing the vast majority of crimes. You have to use convoluted things like "percentage of crimes committed compared to the actual percentage of the population" because that's the only way to stop the narrative from focusing on the facts that white Americans commit the vast majority of crimes in the US. In other words, it's the only way you can manipulate the stats in order to point the finger at us.
edit on 13-8-2017 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 06:23 AM
link   

To me, it almost looked like she suspected he was nuts or would eventually do something stupid/crazy. The body language seemed more like "D_mn, that fool actually did it" than anything.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

To me, it almost looked like she suspected he was nuts or would eventually do something stupid/crazy. The body language seemed more like "D_mn, that fool actually did it" than anything.

To me it seems your making # up to demonize the mother because her son did a terrible thing. I thought she handled herself well considering her son is about to go to prison for the rest of his life. This is the first time she heard of the tragedy and was bombarded by the media all at once. I'm just wondering when common sense will once again grace itself upon people like yourself.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

I didn't demonize anyone. I've known people from many different demographics who've committed crimes, some of whom are in prison right now for murder. Some of those people were total surprises while others weren't surprising at all.

Everyone has known someone who has some screws loose, does some messed up things, might be abusive, has a screwed up temper, etc. So it's simply not surprising when you hear that person has finally been arrested for something. That's what I saw when I watched the short, edited clip in the OP: a mother who knew her son either had mental issues, temper issues, was "hanging with the wrong crowd", etc.

ETA: If anything, it looked like she'd finally given up trying to change him. How you somehow interpreted that as me "demonizing" her is ridiculous.
edit on 13-8-2017 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 06:58 AM
link   
the mother looked more like she was still processing but was not about to break down on Camera, think of it as the southern version of a stiff upper lip routine.

I've seen it a lot of times in my life living in the south, its kind of going out of style now a days, she just received horrific news about her kid, (ill assume the reporters cut away to let her pull herself together) then the camera is back on her she is stiff and speaks in a fairly measured tone.

That screams to me that she does not want to fall apart in front of strangers, she just wants to get this over with so she can get with family and grieve.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I agree. Parents out there need to watch their kids, especially the right wingers that come on this board, before they do something stupid and get themselves or others killed.

This is probably the most bizarre reaction a mother could have. Either she's super high or she's in shock. But she didn't seemed fazed in the slightest.

Parents out there, please be more involved in your children's lives, especially if they are going to Nazi gatherings. Her son showed up wearing white nationalist garb and then committed a terror attack on a crowd of innocent people. The least she could do is know that "Abright" isn't a thing.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 07:13 AM
link   
How is her reaction odd? If someone just walked up to me and said that, I'd be a bit stunned, but mostly in a state of disbelief. Those people just walk up out of nowhere and start firing questions and making accusations, while she has no idea what they're talking about. Local LEO had not informed her of anything and she had no idea it even happened.
If it was you and they were talking about your kid, would your reaction be to instantly condemn your own child?
edit on 13-8-2017 by DAVID64 because: I picked the wrong day to stop sniffing glue

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Nobody Said the majority of crimes are committed by African Americans just that per percent of population African Americans Statistically commit more crimes than their counterparts. Not that it's relevant to the topic, anyways watched the vid and the lady seemed a little odd but I think everybody would be a little odd being interviewed on camera after their child just committed a horrific act.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: SeekingAlpha

We all don't have the luxury of having our parents upstairs.

This is a 20 year old man. Long past putting his responsibility on others especially his parents.

Now he'll be a taxpayer burden.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Act II, Scene III

All perfectly timed by the MSM

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: KungfuStu

Only if you don't factor for economic standing...

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Since you clearly did some research you do know the family is jewish right? Btw there is still no official version that James Fields is a Nazi and Vanguard America already stated that he wasn't part of their group either. You're part of the problem and you left out these parts on purpose to further your agenda. Not cool.

edit on 13-8-2017 by Perfectenemy because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-8-2017 by Perfectenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I've been seeing your views quite often on the boards and have concluded you are a hate filled human with a major chip on your shoulder.
This woman found out during this setup and was stuck like a deer in the headlights. If your grandmother was set up after you did something at a BLM rally a year and a half ago she would probably say the same thing.
But this is different because he's white, and mom is white.
Is there video of interviews after Ferguson or the other recent Black riots setting up Mothers before the facts were put out there? No! And the left would be livid if they did.
There is NO help from the facist left at making peace. Only lies and set ups.
This was terrible and a ONE man job from all I've read. But don't get caught bring white at a BLM rally or you will be jumped and assaulted by roving gangs of the oppressed.

<< 1    3  4 >>

join