It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

KFC employees expose nasty, stomach-churning back of house practices at one branch

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Here's another one from long, long, long(damn I'm old) ago.. Anyone ever wonder why the Jack in the Box clown got blown up, and the chain nearly went out of business back in the.. I wanna say late 70s early 80s? They got caught using Horse and Kangaroo meat in their burgers!

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
KFC is a ripoff. I went to one 3 years ago. The bottom of the bucket was 4 inches above its base. Gave the impression that you got a bucket of chicken that was fuller than it actually was. The taste was bland too.

If you care about your health in any manner, you'd never eat at a place like KFC in the states. How much proof do people need to know that it's not real food and is generally complete garbage?

However, this is not the norm for establishments like KFC overseas. That's my problem with it. When I go to KFC in Eastern Europe, it's real, 100% chicken. Zero grease. It tastes completely different, you know it's real. The fries? Real potatoes. Almost no salt/oil. Similar to if you made your own fries at home. That also goes for a place like McDonald's.

One of the issues here few want to acknowledge is these American corporations produce far higher quality food to patrons overseas than they do to Americans in the states. I can actually go to KFC in Eastern Europe to help settle my stomach after dealing with differences in the local cuisine for a for weeks. Here in the states KFC would just make me sick and put me on the toilet all day. My wife loved KFC back home, it was considered high quality food and a treat. She tried it once here in CA and will never go back. It doesn't even resemble what she used to get in Europe. It's prison food. Why Americans have such low standards for what they put in their body is interesting. If they sold this crap overseas they'd be out of business within a week. Local populace would reject it. Here in the states, 300lb behemoths gladly shovel this crap down their gullet.
edit on 13-8-2017 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lilroanie
a reply to: Trueman
A couple months ago I was in Vegas at my kids house sitting and got Popeye's for that reason... Got home went to eat and as I brought the chicken up I smelled it and it was RANK! I pulled the skin off and the chicken was grey and just ugly looking and stinky, I offered it to her dog and even she wouldn't eat it!

Needless to say I threw it away. What the other poster said about the parking lot etc being busy is true, I bypassed a busy KFC in the same center for this Popeye's. Not saying they all are bad obviously, but it is everywhere, not just fast food either. I've eaten at Applebee's once when my kid was about 3 (25 now) and we both got salmonella (along with 30 other reported cases from the same one), I've never eaten there again and am thrilled to see they are closing.

I hate you. I'll pretend I never read your post

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I worked at a BBQ restaurant in Lexington Kentucky while I was in college and the things I saw there were crazy. The owners brother worked there as a pork puller and would go out back, shoot up some heroin, and then handle food without washing his hands.

One time I dropped something behind the convection oven, so I go to pull it out of the little nook in the wall it's in, and everyone starts yelling at me not to pull it out. But they were too late.

Behind the convection oven was a giant hole in the wall and when I disturbed it thousands of roaches swarmed out and disappeared into the restaurant. They had to shut it down for about a week after that.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   

LOL Chic-Fil-A All the way (for now anyway)!

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: violet
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
Yes it's the truth, it comes down to money and profits.

I wonder if the guy reserving butter, if there's others like that with something on your plate you didn't eat. It may well be picked off and saved for the next customer. They just say "what the eye doesn't see the stomache doesn't know".

When the robots take over the fast food industry will they be programed to reuse the butter that is unused and returned, Will they wash their hands -if they have them.? There will be no information leaking from fast food kitchens and the filthy robots will have their way with us. We will be served chlorinated chickens(as now) by robots without a conscience and with a confident grin. I think chickfulA-breast uses the chlorine washed birds. i wasn't able to source their birds -chickens are so fat they can't move they sit in their own filth-hen/ce they need a chlorine shower. Fast food -just say no thank you.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks Did you turn in the owner's brother or just think let the buyer beware? that is a serious threat

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Interesting you mention that. My son works at Olive Garden. A mouse jumped out of the big bag of breadsticks that came into the restaurant.

The male employees chased it around the kitchen until one of them stepped on him. The girls were scared.
edit on 8/13/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

As I posted in another thread, anybody who's ever worked in kitchens should be turned off to eating out for life.

As for me, I've worked in kitchens and I don't care how the hot dogs are made.

My friend in HS worked at McDonald's. Never went to that branch again knowing his deviant mind.

In the mid 70s, as a sixteen year old, I worked at a KFC/Gino's (they were together back then). We used to do things like rotate the burgers, with the oldest ones up front, which is what your supposed to do. But we would save one burger, made at 11:00 a.m. and sell it between 9:00 -10:00 p.m. as a joke. Also we'd bread and deep fry, say a mitten during winter, and put it in when somebody ordered a bucket. We would do other dumb stuff. I was young and stupid. Now I'm old and stupid. Needless to say, I never eat at fast food restaurants.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl Ok now i feel fat shamed -i will take your advice when i go to italy will try kfc if they have it there here it is certainly verboten.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   
A restaurant must publically display their health rating. If it's less than 90%, don't eat there. I was in a restaurant on campus once having lunch. Very popular place. Wonderful Bloody Mary's. The health people came in and announced loudly "Please leave. Do not finish your meal, do not pay for it", we are closing this restaurant".

On the way out, I noticed the health rating was 79%. I know of another one rated 85% and they had rat droppings in the coffee bins.

gulp.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lilroanie

LOL Chic-Fil-A All the way (for now anyway)!

Still got to try it. They open everywhere besides my area

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: lightedhype

I worked at Pizza hut quite a while ago and I'd say the same thing. It was so clean people would be shocked. Everything came prepacked. The store manager also made sure all shakers, fixtures and pretty much everything was cleaned and sanitized on a regular basis. Pretty bad pizza, but very very clean. I also worked at a very upscale Asian restaurant. I remember my first day, when they were showing me how to get the dumpling in the soup. I asked where the ladle or tongs were. They told me nobody has time for that, just plunge your hand in there get a dumpling and put it in the hot broth. The dumplings were kept in a vat of cold water. I can't even imagine how many dirty hands had been in there. Gag! That was over 20 years ago and I still have not had non-handmade dumpling soup!

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
A restaurant must publically display their health rating. If it's less than 90%, don't eat there. I was in a restaurant on campus once having lunch. Very popular place. Wonderful Bloody Mary's. The health people came in and announced loudly "Please leave. Do not finish your meal, do not pay for it", we are closing this restaurant".

On the way out, I noticed the health rating was 79%. I know of another one rated 85% and they had rat droppings in the coffee bins.

gulp.

Seems like they just should've stuck to the Bloody Mary's then.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
A restaurant must publically display their health rating. If it's less than 90%, don't eat there.

It is displayed over the men's urinal at one local establishment. I guess that's legal.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I don't care.
KFC Original Recipe is awesome.
Even after reading all this nasty stuff, my mouth is watering just thinking about that chicken.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 03:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

I don't buy KFC since the rat video years ago. I confess I need fried chicken in my life, Popeye's recued me, Louisiana style. Great lemonade too.

Was it this one

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 03:34 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

I think all restaurants should be required to have a video camera trained on their kitchens and employees. It should be secured so Health Inspectors can evaluate the video to see if the restaurant is taking every precaution to prevent food contamination and keep employees from purposely contaminating food.

Absolutely in fact, they need to be watched even closer than our politicians, ok maybe not that close.

Ive seen some shockers in family run restaurants, ive already told the story of the revolving restaurant in Sydney that was just putrid, another one was the local thai place we used to eat at until one of our mates that was a plumber did a job there and came back with a story that stopped us from ever going there again.

edit on 14-8-2017 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 03:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: c2oden
I don't care.
KFC Original Recipe is awesome.
Even after reading all this nasty stuff, my mouth is watering just thinking about that chicken.

The vid in post below yours here has some of that finger lickin good food you love.......yummy....

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 03:38 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Behind the convection oven was a giant hole in the wall and when I disturbed it thousands of roaches swarmed out and disappeared into the restaurant. They had to shut it down for about a week after that.

Ugh, the revolving restaurant we demolished was like that, millions of those German cockroaches poured out of the walls when knocked em down, that was a really high class expensive restaurant and it was filthy rotten disgusting.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join