It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

KFC employees expose nasty, stomach-churning back of house practices at one branch

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 05:51 AM
link   

I went there one day to pick up my kids who stayed for spaghetti dinner and my kids didn't finish their plates (one wonders why) so she stopped them from putting it in the garbage and just added into the pot. Said " why waste it, that's another meal, I always just dump it back in". We all know kids slurp long noodles and much of it just spits back on the plate right?! Another thing she commented to me " why are you teaching your kids weird things? Every time they touch my garbage can they wash their hands! We don't wash our hands, it's just food in there". See pigs like this, like her run restaurants.
a reply to: violet

There goes the next couple of months eating OUT for me.....
edit on 13-8-2017 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
Yes it's the truth, it comes down to money and profits.

I wonder if the guy reserving butter, if there's others like that with something on your plate you didn't eat. It may well be picked off and saved for the next customer. They just say "what the eye doesn't see the stomache doesn't know".

edit on 13-8-2017 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Violet my dear I do not doubt it all.

The insanity has gone far beyond the food industry, profit has destroyed happiness.

We now argue among ourselves over pretty much everything.

Konduit posted this last night.....pretty damn informative if you are willing to listen.

And after reposting I actually had an argument with a member that tried to argue that these people making 2 dollars a day were well off and happy.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 06:29 AM
link   
I won't mention the name of the franchise.
Just take my word and avoid the "secret sauce."
A local kid was arrested after being caught, ummm...
Beating out the "secret" ingredient.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
I won't mention the name of the franchise.
Just take my word and avoid the "secret sauce."
A local kid was arrested after being caught, ummm...
Beating out the "secret" ingredient.

Your avatar just makes that even creepier...

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 06:46 AM
link   
with more mentally ill youths working in the food industry, what do you expect. It was like this 47 years ago too, nothing changes. I actually think that KFC at there salad place that makes coleslaw them people actually put their sperm into the coleslaw, true story and if KFC wants to sue me for this I'm sure I'll pass a lie detector test. And yes this was #lkl up in Rialto Calif and I'm still pissed.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Its kind of heart breaking and humbling all at the same time.

The only common ground that some 6.8 billion people of the earth have in common is lack of funds....what will it take.

where is the spark....

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I don't do fast food.
I've ate in once in the last 10 years and it was a Steak N Shake. I don't even know how long it was before that. Even on a 12 hour drive to Texas, I just go hungry till I get there or take snacks with me. It tastes nasty, it looks nasty and I don't trust a bunch of teenagers, [ who mostly staff the fast food places ] to treat food properly. My daughter worked at the local McD's, my son worked at the local Pizza Hut.
After seeing how their co workers handled everything, both said they'll never eat there again.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   

The business that you are working for is after all a business. business in general is in the business of making money and if food falls on the floor the manager sure as hell isn't going to pick up the tab out of his pay packet.

Yeah, no...

You speak as though this is the norm, it's not.

Fast food kitchens are, in general, very clean, especially the ones open 24hrs now.

If they get caught carrying out bad food handling practices, a few bits of chicken being thrown out is chump change.

Don't get caught up in msm hyperbole.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

The business that you are working for is after all a business. business in general is in the business of making money and if food falls on the floor the manager sure as hell isn't going to pick up the tab out of his pay packet.

Yeah, no...

You speak as though this is the norm, it's not.

Fast food kitchens are, in general, very clean, especially the ones open 24hrs now.

If they get caught carrying out bad food handling practices, a few bits of chicken being thrown out is chump change.

Don't get caught up in msm hyperbole.

OK ...between you and me the msm is hyperbole .

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   

I don't buy KFC since the rat video years ago. I confess I need fried chicken in my life, Popeye's recued me, Louisiana style. Great lemonade too.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Wrong. ffs means
Favours For Sailors

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Race to the bottom business practices are very profitable and very dangerous.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Simply put, whenever other people prepare food, be it a restaurant or somebody's home, they don't give a #. Food is dropped on the floor and picked up. Dirty hands, snotty dripping noses, you name it.

You make a damn good point and if you don't mind me elaborating on that.

As you point out that food is picked up off the floor and served to the next unsuspecting customer.

Thanks for chiming in.....

The difference though comes in who the restaurant is serving
Is their number one priority shareholders and investors or the customers?

That is why I like mom and pop restaurants better. They do not have stocks on wall street
With AppleBees, everything is frozen repackaged food while with most mom and pops, the food is made on site

Applebee's closing over 120 locations!

Too many corporate chains have forgot who their customer is supposed to be

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: violet
a reply to: Kandinsky
That just reminded me of my filthy neighbour. Her kitchen was gross. Her house was gross. Anyways she bought a diner cafe thing. Served soup, she made up big batches of soup at home in her filthy kitchen, that was the soup de jour for the whole week. What didn't get used, she saved. The next week she made another filth infested soup (at home, against the law I believe when there's no inspection taking place), the leftovers were again saved. The third week she mixed up both leftover soups to make a new mystery one for the week. So this was 2-3 week old soups!

I went there one day to pick up my kids who stayed for spaghetti dinner and my kids didn't finish their plates (one wonders why) so she stopped them from putting it in the garbage and just added into the pot. Said " why waste it, that's another meal, I always just dump it back in". We all know kids slurp long noodles and much of it just spits back on the plate right?! Another thing she commented to me " why are you teaching your kids weird things? Every time they touch my garbage can they wash their hands! We don't wash our hands, it's just food in there". See pigs like this, like her run restaurants.

Disgusting
Yep, goes to show your better off cooking for yourself

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

As I posted in another thread, anybody who's ever worked in kitchens should be turned off to eating out for life.

As for me, I've worked in kitchens and I don't care how the hot dogs are made.

My friend in HS worked at McDonald's. Never went to that branch again knowing his deviant mind.

I was a restaurant MGR for years and I can assure you, that at my restaurants we always dated labeled and rotated EVERYTHING. My kitchens were spotless at the end of the day. I have Managed a Lone Star Steak House, Hooters, Applebees, and an upscale restaurant.

These practices are all on the Management.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman
A couple months ago I was in Vegas at my kids house sitting and got Popeye's for that reason... Got home went to eat and as I brought the chicken up I smelled it and it was RANK! I pulled the skin off and the chicken was grey and just ugly looking and stinky, I offered it to her dog and even she wouldn't eat it!

Needless to say I threw it away. What the other poster said about the parking lot etc being busy is true, I bypassed a busy KFC in the same center for this Popeye's. Not saying they all are bad obviously, but it is everywhere, not just fast food either. I've eaten at Applebee's once when my kid was about 3 (25 now) and we both got salmonella (along with 30 other reported cases from the same one), I've never eaten there again and am thrilled to see they are closing.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

I think all restaurants should be required to have a video camera trained on their kitchens and employees. It should be secured so Health Inspectors can evaluate the video to see if the restaurant is taking every precaution to prevent food contamination and keep employees from purposely contaminating food.

I know when I was sixteen, I worked at a restaurant where after closing the owners would lie on the floor in the dining room with BB guns and shoot at rats running along the base boards and under the coolers. One day during the height of dinner hour, a rat ran down the middle of the dining area and ran up an artificial tree. None of the patrons saw it except for an old elderly couple. They said nothing, stood up and walked out of the restaurant. The owner told everyone to let them go just to keep the other patrons from knowing what just happened.

One day I came in to work and the owner told me to go look into the trash bin behind the restaurant. I climbed up and looked in, there sitting on a pile of garbage was a huge rat spread eagle with his teeth grinning. I'm sure others who have worked in the food industry have some disgusting stories as well.

For peace of mind for ATS members, that restaurant was demolished years ago. Enjoy your dinner folks!

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

I think all restaurants should be required to have a video camera trained on their kitchens and employees. It should be secured so Health Inspectors can evaluate the video to see if the restaurant is taking every precaution to prevent food contamination and keep employees from purposely contaminating food.

It's too expensive to do this in all restaurants. Not a bad idea for those who've fallen short of the standards.

Put them on probation and install the cameras. It's been done in UK abattoirs.

Ironically we had a Chinese take-away/restaurant nearby who installed a huge glass window so their kitchens were visible. People walking past could see all the cooking and whatever. They were clean as it goes, but got busted for hiring illegal Chinese immigrants.

The window is still there and it's been frosted

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
KFC is a ripoff. I went to one 3 years ago. The bottom of the bucket was 4 inches above its base. Gave the impression that you got a bucket of chicken that was fuller than it actually was. The taste was bland too.

The chicken pot pies are good. And chocolate chip cookies.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join