It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

KFC employees expose nasty, stomach-churning back of house practices at one branch

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 01:55 AM
link   

A gruesome YouTube video shows employees at a KFC branch in America exposing what happens behind the scenes - and it's not pretty.

It allegedly exposes the disgusting way they re-use dirty mac-and-cheese cups, freeze chips in old water and sell old chicken "covered in mildew and mould".

Source

Interestingly enough after this thread came to my attention my news feed added this gem.

So eating out is like unprotected sex, you can take the risk if you like but if you do, ffs stop looking to blame others for your own poor choices.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

As I posted in another thread, anybody who's ever worked in kitchens should be turned off to eating out for life.

As for me, I've worked in kitchens and I don't care how the hot dogs are made.

My friend in HS worked at McDonald's. Never went to that branch again knowing his deviant mind.

edit on 13-8-2017 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 02:06 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I Don't do fast food and haven't for a couple of decades. I'm 41.
The restaurants and brewpubs I do visit know me and my gf. And whenever we try someplace new, we ask the server what they eat, and I say I work for a restaurant (even though I don't, I work in the liquor store portion of a sit down linen restaurant/bar/vape bar/liquor store.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 02:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed A gruesome YouTube video shows employees at a KFC branch in America exposing what happens behind the scenes - and it's not pretty.

So eating out is like unprotected sex, you can take the risk if you like but if you do, ffs stop looking to blame others for your own poor choices.

What is "ffs
edit on 8/13/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 02:12 AM
link   
for f#'s sake
edit on 13-8-2017 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 02:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

A gruesome YouTube video shows employees at a KFC branch in America exposing what happens behind the scenes - and it's not pretty.

What is "ffs

For f#s sake

For Farts Sake. Thank-you! Very appropriate for a food-related thread, LOL.
edit on 8/13/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 02:19 AM
link   

So eating out is like unprotected sex

Well yeah. Are you suggesting dental dams for fried chicken?

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

I think this is the third hysterical post I've read from you today. Brava!

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 02:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

Unless you know all of the people that fried chicken has been with, you never can be too safe

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Pretty much the guideline, if you're not making it at home, and getting it from your own source, anything goes as to how it's prepared to what it actually is. You would never eat at Jack-in-the-Box if you heard what I did. The grease is not just days old for one.

You're just exposed chemically induced growth of sick animals as it is-such as with KFC chickens. Many likely don't recall but in the 90s that chain mixed Mad cow disease meat in with non diseased meat instead of discarding it. Oh, and taco bell the corn shells are literally cattle food. Let alone most all chain have fillers in the meat from GMO soy to sawdust and some might say pretty much near what is put in pet foods now days such as digest-feathers, hooves and teeth, yum!

Speaking of dental dams, someone told me about seeing a lady opening a mix(I believe for the ice cream) at McDonald's with her teeth. Way to get hepatitis at the very least.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 02:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed A gruesome YouTube video shows employees at a KFC branch in America exposing what happens behind the scenes - and it's not pretty.

What is "ffs

For #s sake

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 02:39 AM
link   
KFC is a ripoff. I went to one 3 years ago. The bottom of the bucket was 4 inches above its base. Gave the impression that you got a bucket of chicken that was fuller than it actually was. The taste was bland too.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 02:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

That would largely depend on where you source your fried chicken from.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 02:41 AM
link   

What is "ffs

For #s sake

OH...got it. I have a new acronym to use now. Thanks!

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 02:42 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Well I have never worked in a kitchen but I have plenty of mates that have.

One of my clues was a friend who was a chef, his advice to me was never ever return food, if you do, demand a refund and leave.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

Personally when I eat out I do it at tepinyaki style places, I feel far better seeing the food cooked in front of me.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Eh, it builds up the immune system i say.

Seriously though, i still eat out and have fast food occasionally. It is damn good afterall idc how unhealthy.

That being said, i have worked at a Taco Bell and a five star (expensive as hell) restaraunt as a dishwasher where i also prepped food. I actually found the food safety procedures pretty strict at taco bell. Granted - some people did not wash their hands as often as we were supposed to, but other than that, if rules were followed all was pretty clean, strict, and enforced.

The only thing that got me was the beef, it was dropped into the frier while still in the plastic bag after some holes were poked. It was fried like that and then placed into the warming tray. Also, the refried beans? They started off looking like fish food. Thin brown flakes and powder. Then boiling water was added and bam refried beans. No ingredients were prepped at the store. Cheese, lettuce, etc all came already chopped up n diced.

At the five star restaraunt, I had strict instructions to reuse lemons. Yepp, if lemon slices came in on plates or on cups and had not been squeezed out - I was ordered to set them aside on a plate for reuse in another order. No gloves either mind you. The head chef and souz chef there both smoked frequently and would come back in to making orders without any hand washing. This was a place where you spent over 100$ for a dinner for two and the waiters/watresses wore tuxedos. Dishes and flatware were hand dried/polished with a cloth if need be. I also had to regularly spray the grime off the floor in the walk in with a hose and some bleach poured down.

There was what appeared to be a LOT of black mold growing in the ceiling above the dishwashing and rinsing machine where the steam rose. This was in New York and the owner always gave off a 'Im in the mob' vibe to me with his stature and suits; I assume he paid off the health inspector. The dessert chef and other food prep/general kitchen assistance guy were both illegals who lived upstairs above the restaraunt in exchange for tiny pay.

I just did as I was told because i needed the job. Eh. I also personally finished peoples glasses of wine and steaks when they came in with the dirty dishes while working. I can admit being shameful of that tidbit lol.

edit on 13-8-2017 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 02:49 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

ffs means freedom fighter supporters.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 02:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone
a reply to: carewemust

ffs means freedom fighter supporters.

Thanks for the insight into your mind , actually clears up a lot of my questions.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join