It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When the Ferguson/Baltimore Riots happened why wasn't it called Domestic Terrorism?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColoradoJens
[snipped]

Regarding the OP, they have a valid point, one which many of us notice. The hypocrisy of accepting behavior based on skin color is called racism, and to see it happening in this day and age is unacceptable. Ferguson was unacceptable.

Running people over is also unacceptable. We've lost it all the way around in this county.

edit on 8.13.2017 by Kandinsky because: Removed quote of removed post

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 12:39 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dudemo5

originally posted by: Xianb

originally posted by: Dudemo5
I dunno. We've never really referred to people looting their own neighborhood as domestic terrorism. Generally, we call it civil unrest or criminals acting like asshats or whatever.

I call that early Christmas Shopping for some folks. But Nope thats Domestic Terrorism. The Ferguson/Baltimore Riots was way worse then this WLM March. And you call that Civil Unrest? Definitions need to change. If thats Civil Unrest since that lasted for days having to call in the National Guard. This was shut down in a few hours.

Meh. I'm not feeling your outrage.

I work within 5 miles of the Ferguson riots and it was a mess and I certainly did not approve of their behavior and was always happy when the criminals were rounded up, but it wasn't terrorism.

Terrorism is done to strike fear in the hearts of people, in an effort to alter behavior. These were people stealing shoes and hubcaps, for Christ's sake.

Your right im not outraged at all i just like pointing out the triple standard between White, Black, and Muslims. Seriously no one is afraid of White People which is why they are calling "Domestic Terrorism" when they had to call in the National Guard and have a curfew for the Ferguson/Baltimore riots lol.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 12:41 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 12:42 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I'm going to go ahead and say I don't think either were acts of terrorism.

Blocking a road is dangerous AF (remember the person who died in an ambulance) but intentionally mowing people down is FAR different and actually intentional.

I'm pretty bummed out today (boo hoo me). I just feel like we're all at each others throats and keep using each others hate to justify it. Punch a nazi, nazis justify punching people who say that, and it repeats. All liberals or people protesting nazis/right wingers are ANTIFA, and all republicans are nazis. We keep letting these small minorities tarnish our view of decent people who we may disagree with but should be respected.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 12:44 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 12:46 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 12:46 AM
link   

a reply to: Xianb

This isn't stormfront. If you are too stupid to understand your own question than screw you. You are a complete moron.

Im sorry I offended you in the Mud pit. Please go to your Safe Space.

No safe space to go to. You are stupid and boring. You and the rest of the the simian brains can jerk off in your own "safe space" best bet is you won't ever have a good job, good friends, or have any idea what it is to be a good person. Frankly you are what is wrong with the world. Too bad you have no idea what it is to be happy. Suck on it

You have a funny way of showing how happy you are. I mean, you sound absolutely miserable, triggered, depressed and violent all at the same time.

Plus, your language is worse than Trump's. You sound like a founding member of the alt-right.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: FissionSurplus

Why wasn't the Bernie Bro stabbing and killing Muslims in Portland labeled domestic terrorism?

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 12:52 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 12:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

This isn't stormfront. If you are too stupid to understand your own question than screw you. You are a complete moron.

No safe space to go to. You are stupid and boring. You and the rest of the the simian brains can jerk off in your own "safe space" best bet is you won't ever have a good job, good friends, or have any idea what it is to be a good person. Frankly you are what is wrong with the world. Too bad you have no idea what it is to be happy. Suck on it

You have a funny way of showing how happy you are. I mean, you sound absolutely miserable, triggered, depressed and violent all at the same time.

Plus, your language is worse than Trump's. You sound like a founding member of the alt-right.

Triggered? How about just laughing directly in your face?

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 12:55 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 12:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

Triggered? How about just laughing directly in your face?

So hateful.

Must be a Nazi sympathizer.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 12:56 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 12:58 AM
link   
"Triggered? How about just laughing directly in your face?"

If you are in the Denver area I can recommend some excellent therapists who can help you work through your anger and need to bully others.

PS.....You are not a Gemini. July 21st to August 20th is Leo. Thought you may want to correct that before more people roll their eyes and snicker at the mistake.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 01:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: FissionSurplus
"Triggered? How about just laughing directly in your face?"

If you are in the Denver area I can recommend some excellent therapists who can help you work through your anger and need to bully others.

PS.....You are not a Gemini. July 21st to August 20th is Leo. Thought you may want to correct that before more people roll their eyes and snicker at the mistake.

The best part about it is it isn't a mistake. Sorry your furball is stuck so far down your throat you don't get it

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: FissionSurplus
a reply to: ColoradoJens

I surely did. You bring down the IQ of this place just by insulting and picking fights. Sorry your wife dumped you and ripped you off, but meh, it happens. Did you oppress her?? If you have nothing of value to add regarding the subject, then you're just on here to fight.

The subject was the way that black riots and white riots are reported in the press. Care to add anything intelligent to that subject, or does your ability to interject stop with pissy insults?

I'm not sorry. It does happen. Seven years ago is a long time. I stand by what was said then. The fact your are engaging in that conversation explains quite a bit. Keep rocking that military cat uniform. And please, keep up the good work.

It looks like you never got over it. The fact that you cried about it to ATS instead of keeping your sorry laundry within your family says volumes about you. Honestly, beyond your nastiness is a miserable human being who desperately needs help from a professional. I have nothing more to say.

**END OF TRANSMISSION*

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I haven't seen any terrorism at any of the events mentioned by the OP. I despise the supremacists and their ideology but had the other side not shown up, I think things would have been fine. Not defending, just what I think. I believe the driver of the car should be imprisoned for a long time but I won't lose much sleep for anyone involved in this alt right vs alt left ignorance.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 01:29 AM
link   
they didn't call it domestic terrorism, because it wasn't domestic terrorism.

glad i could help you out with that

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join