It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When the Ferguson/Baltimore Riots happened why wasn't it called Domestic Terrorism?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Flashback Wikipedia Ferguson:

The Ferguson unrest (also referred to just as Ferguson) involved protests and riots that began the day after the fatal shooting of Michael Brown by white police officer Darren Wilson on August 9, 2014, in Ferguson, Missouri. The unrest sparked a vigorous debate in the United States about the relationship between law enforcement officers and African Americans, the militarization of police, and the use-of-force law in Missouri and nationwide. Continued activism expanded the issues to include modern-day debtors prisons,[9] for-profit policing,[10] and school segregration.[11] As the details of the original shooting event emerged, police established curfews and deployed riot squads to maintain order. Along with peaceful protests, there was looting and violent unrest in the vicinity of the original shooting. According to media reports, there was police militarization when dealing with protests in Ferguson.[12][13] The unrest continued on November 24, 2014, after a grand jury did not indict Officer Wilson.[14] It briefly continued again on the one-year anniversary of Brown's shooting.[15] In response to the shooting and subsequent unrest, the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) conducted an investigation into the policing practices of the Ferguson Police Department (FPD).[16][17] In March 2015, the DOJ announced that they had determined that the FPD had engaged in misconduct against the citizenry of Ferguson by among other things discriminating against African-Americans and applying racial stereotypes, in a "pattern or practice of unlawful conduct."[18][19] The DOJ also found that Ferguson depended on fines and other charges generated by police.[20] However, a separate DOJ report focused on the shooting itself was supportive of Officer Wilson and his version of events.[21]

Flashback Wikipedia Baltimore:

On April 12, 2015, Baltimore Police Department officers arrested Freddie Gray, a 25-year-old African American resident of Baltimore, Maryland. Gray sustained injuries to his neck and spine while in transport in a police vehicle. On April 18, 2015, after Gray's subsequent coma, the residents of Baltimore rioted in front of the Western district police station.[1][2] Gray died the following day, April 19, 2015, a week after the arrest. Further riots were organized after Gray's death became public knowledge, amid the police department's continuing inability to adequately or consistently explain the events following the arrest and the injuries. Spontaneous riots started after the funeral service, although several included violent elements. Civil unrest continued with at least twenty police officers injured, at least 250 people arrested, 285 to 350 businesses damaged, 150 vehicle fires, 60 structure fires,[13] 27 drugstores looted,[14] thousands of police and Maryland National Guard troops deployed, and with a state of emergency declared in the city limits of Baltimore.[15][16] The state of emergency was lifted on May 6.[17] On May 1, 2015, Gray's death was ruled by the medical examiner to be a homicide. Six officers were charged with various offenses, including second-degree murder, in connection with Gray's death.[18] Three officers were subsequently acquitted; in July 2016, following the acquittals, Baltimore City State’s Attorney Marilyn Mosby dropped charges against the remaining three officers.[19]

Im seriously confused on the outrage. When White People riot it is Domestic Terrorism, but when Black People riot "No Justice No Peace" and they told Police to stand down and "Give them there Space". They also blocked off roads "Protesting" holding up people who had nothing to do with the situation.

And the title is

"Black Lives Matter Protesters Block Traffic, Demonstrate Peacefully"

No thats Domestic Terrorism. If you run them over your in trouble. Blocking the Road is not protesting peacefully.

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Blocking the road is not the same as running people over with a vehicle because they happen to be blocking the road?
edit on 12-8-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I dunno. We've never really referred to people looting their own neighborhood as domestic terrorism. Generally, we call it civil unrest or criminals acting like asshats or whatever.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Xianb

Example A:

The people in this Video Said the Guy hit a Protester. This guy had full intention to block off the road. And Boom now The Driver is now in trouble for a Hit and Run if they caught him. When the guy walked out when traffic was on its way.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dudemo5
I dunno. We've never really referred to people looting their own neighborhood as domestic terrorism. Generally, we call it civil unrest or criminals acting like asshats or whatever.

I call that early Christmas Shopping for some folks. But Nope thats Domestic Terrorism. The Ferguson/Baltimore Riots was way worse then this WLM March. And you call that Civil Unrest? Definitions need to change. If thats Civil Unrest since that lasted for days having to call in the National Guard. This was shut down in a few hours.

(post by ColoradoJens removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColoradoJens

This isn't stormfront. If you are too stupid to understand your own question than screw you. You are a complete moron.

Im sorry I offended you in the Mud pit. Please go to your Safe Space.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xianb

I call that early Christmas Shopping for some folks. But Nope thats Domestic Terrorism. The Ferguson/Baltimore Riots was way worse then this WLM March. And you call that Civil Unrest? Definitions need to change. If thats Civil Unrest since that lasted for days having to call in the National Guard. This was shut down in a few hours.

Meh. I'm not feeling your outrage.

I work within 5 miles of the Ferguson riots and it was a mess and I certainly did not approve of their behavior and was always happy when the criminals were rounded up, but it wasn't terrorism.

Terrorism is done to strike fear in the hearts of people, in an effort to alter behavior. These were people stealing shoes and hubcaps, for Christ's sake.
edit on 13-8-2017 by Dudemo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Just stop.

Please.

(post by ColoradoJens removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: ColoradoJens

+11 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Some black youths butchered a light skinned immigrant to death with a claw hammer at the Black Nationalist riots of Ferguson.

They were not called Nazis, Black Nationalists, or even terrorists and the story never got covered.
edit on 13-8-2017 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 12:21 AM
link   

This isn't stormfront. If you are too stupid to understand your own question than screw you. You are a complete moron.

No safe space to go to. You are stupid and boring. You and the rest of the the simian brains can jerk off in your own "safe space" best bet is you won't ever have a good job, good friends, or have any idea what it is to be a good person. Frankly you are what is wrong with the world. Too bad you have no idea what it is to be happy. Suck on it

Im sorry that I inflicted my Opinion on you with Facts. You seem triggered like you realized the Double Standard and are now lashing out.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 12:24 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 12:29 AM
link   

No safe space to go to. You are stupid and boring. You and the rest of the the simian brains can jerk off in your own "safe space" best bet is you won't ever have a good job, good friends, or have any idea what it is to be a good person. Frankly you are what is wrong with the world. Too bad you have no idea what it is to be happy. Suck on it

Im sorry that I inflicted my Opinion on you with Facts. You seem triggered like you realized the Double Standard and are now lashing out.

For once in your life I dare you to say something that you thought out on your own. Not with the help of your mongoloid family or friends. Just go for it.

Well if your getting personal:

Wife divorced me in 2010. Split all liabilities and assets. I cover health insurance @ $490 a month. I pay daycare. Three years later she files for bankruptcy and today I received notice for collections for over $8k - for her bills. She left me for a millionaire who of course was cheating on her and dumped her a year and a half later. She said I was not making enough $ to support her lifestyle - she said she was superior to me and deserved better...I own a house, a new car, have a great job, many friends and a great family. She has nothing, no friends, no home, and has had 4 jobs in the past two years. Why should I have to pay her debts? How long do I have to pay for giving this person everything I had? ColoradoJens

You need the Safe Space.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 12:32 AM
link   

For once in your life I dare you to say something that you thought out on your own. Not with the help of your mongoloid family or friends. Just go for it.

Seriously stay on topic this is politics.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 12:32 AM
link   
maybe i'm going out on a limb here but i wouldn't actually class this or ferguson as terrorism.
a far right dude plowing into a crowd of anti fascists must have been terrifying for those there at the scene but it's not exactly a call to arms and i don't think it's a signal that anyone that doesn't have a pepe screensaver should enter their bunker.

around the world we are now too quick to class any ahole that kills be it with guns, bombs or a car a terrorist.
the guy who shot up the gay bar in orlando, daesh claimed responsibility but when it transpired he was a homosexual they backtracked and the incident kinda got lost in the furore.
a far right guy plowed into some muslims leaving a mosque in london a while back, classed as terrorism but no group was named and no real justification has been shown.

it was easier when the ira, al qaeda, eta or hezbollah blew something up, claimed responsibility then say they would stop when demands were met but, it appears every disaffected guy going on a rampage nowadays gets thrown into that category.

btw if rupaul knocks someone over this place will meltdown.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Excellent. My point is proven, you have nothing to stand on.

Well if your getting personal:

Wife divorced me in 2010. Split all liabilities and assets. I cover health insurance @ $490 a month. I pay daycare. Three years later she files for bankruptcy and today I received notice for collections for over $8k - for her bills. She left me for a millionaire who of course was cheating on her and dumped her a year and a half later. She said I was not making enough $ to support her lifestyle - she said she was superior to me and deserved better...I own a house, a new car, have a great job, many friends and a great family. She has nothing, no friends, no home, and has had 4 jobs in the past two years. Why should I have to pay her debts? How long do I have to pay for giving this person everything I had? ColoradoJens

You need the Safe Space.

Excellent. You have nothing to say
edit on 13-8-2017 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 12:34 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 12:36 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join