It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global temperatures COOLER now than when Gore won Nobel Prize in 2007

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Dude, or Brah,
Yes global warming and Al Gore is a mess. With all the people and orgs caught messing with data it doesn't help. Plus Al Gore made a lot of money off this, and some would say he used his political network to do this.

You listed a few links to global warming, oops climate change stories. Do you have an opinion on any of the stories you posted? Just throwing up links isn't helpful without your keen insight.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   
originally posted by: seasonal

Below is my response- the formatting is messing up.

I think this, in some form or another, has been posted on ATS about 100 times.

Of course temperatures have increased. If course ice is melting at a rapid rate. There are also more weather extremes happening, some due to natural cycles, but exponentially increased by human activity.

The 2 degree increase is supposed to come sooner than expected. Doesn;t sound like a lot, but will wreak havoc with ecosystems.

People continuing to post blatant ignorance to this are only making it worse, becausesome people will believe you. It's like arguing about dinosaur and human carbon dating.

Earth to cross climate danger threshold by 2036

According to Scientific American:

The rate at which the earth's temperature has been rising eased slightly in the past decade, but temperature is still increasing; calling the slowdown a “pause” is false.

To avoid the threshold, nations will have to keep carbon dioxide levels below 405 parts per million.

The “faux pause” could buy the planet a few extra years beyond that date to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and avoid the crossover—but only a few.

The pause word is passed around in popular media, that should not be mistaken for scientific data.
edit on 12-8-2017 by Vorian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Vorian

Temp go up and down as a normal part of a cycle. What weather extremes?

At least the claim of 2036 gives people Like Al Gore plenty of time to cash in before digging up the goal post and moving it to 2052.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
a reply to: randomtangentsrme I would like to think that I didn't use a biased site but that is in the eyes you and all others. Atleast the thought of question is brought up. Thats is all I wanted.

The only question brought up is why you see these sites as accurate. I often do not take sides when posting here, and often I get pigeonholed to one side or another because of it.
I find those that decide I am wrong for my neutral posts, might be the more fanatic of the sides.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Why on earth do you think these illogical, irrational psychopaths care about the truth? They figuratively have their fingers in their ears and are yelling "la la la la la can't hear you la la la" and some might even be doing that literally.

They don't care about the truth because they have created a bubble around them and their fellow psychopaths where the bubble must be protected at all costs. No new or real information will be permitted to permeate the bubble and if you should offer it, even if not directly to them, they will condemn you and anyone who dares to.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: GusMcDangerthing

I don't think Al Gore is that bad, just has $$$ in his eyes.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal I prefer dude
my thought is that this is a natural cycle but maybe we have made it more intense this time around. Possibly only by a little with industrial growth. Looking at recorded change we are not far off the predicted shelf but we should still be aware of our impact that could affect out offspring. Lets not look at our political difference and lets get the ball rolling so our next in line doesn't have to tell their child that we or they mucked it up.

edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: spelling

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: GusMcDangerthing

I don't think Al Gore is that bad, just has $$$ in his eyes.

But at this point where things are so political and where legislation in our nations depends on the lie and everyone's being indoctrinated, I truly believe that his crusade for all that $$$ and adulation from his blind and stupid minions should be considered criminal behavior.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Problem is that Gore has figured out the ratio of scare tactics to dollars pulled in.

Al Gore's 2007 prediction that all arctic ice would be gone by 2014 now proven to be alarming fear mongering
www.naturalnews.com...#

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I remember reading this in the 70's.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: whywhynot

Fake....news.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Sorry, puts head down and slowly walks away.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal The Gore is mucking up reality and putting political practice in the frontline. How can we confront that without putting in the middle and not allowing us to achieve what needs to be done? It is a hard issue to overcome but lets try.

edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: whywhynot

We really need a department of information to get rid of inconvenient stories from the past. Life would be so much easier if history could be wiped. For the people worthy of having this done for them.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Have none of you read or heard the latest updates?

Gore was only partly wrong.

The Northern hemisphere could in fact be headed for an ice age. Again caused by CO2 AND warming.

Melt too much ice, you disrupt ocean conveyor currents. Disrupt currents and the warm climate some northern places enjoy disappears.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

could

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
I have and all I get are biased threads or links. I think a few different links that are not biased and state fact based on proven history would be usefull for members to get a understanding as to what is or is not going on.a reply to: seasonal

From real data, temps from ice cores going back a lot longer than mankind's supposed effect on the environment.

NOTE: "BP" = Before Present

Link to full image

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

No big money in the truth.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: whywhynot
a reply to: seasonal

Sorry, puts head down and slowly walks away.

Dont be sorry . That same propaganda took in a lot of folks . Same with the hole in the ozone layer that had been there for millennia .
It is and was all about money.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Correct, it is about the money. And it is never enough.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join