It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global temperatures COOLER now than when Gore won Nobel Prize in 2007

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 04:11 AM
link   
a reply to: rnaaa

That entire post if totally incorrect. Bless your heart for giving it a red hot go, though.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 02:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: GusMcDangerthing
a reply to: rnaaa

That entire post if totally incorrect. Bless your heart for giving it a red hot go, though.

I am sorry you don't understand the English language, I really am.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 03:06 AM
link   
a reply to: rnaa

I under stood that you used English words but the way you put them together makes no logical sense to anyone except you and those stupid enough to believe the nonsense. Bless.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 04:16 AM
link   
a reply to: GusMcDangerthing

No, its 100% correct .....

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 02:15 AM
link   

The consensus is real.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 04:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: rnaa

The consensus is real.

Scientific consensus is unscientific. It is a complete myth.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Here we have people who believe a particular thing and refuse to accept basic, fundamental concepts which go against their chosen paradigm, no matter how often truth is put in front of them.

Then, they claim the bullsht that they believe is true and accurate and will try almost anything in efforts to convince everyone else. If these fools believed the sky was green they would screech and holler and deride and mock to try to guilt everyone else into believing it. They ought to be ashamed of themselves and rather than the university indoctrination they likely think matters, they should go out into the world.

It doesn't take one to know that scientific consensus is an absurdity and any scientist worth their salt will agree.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 12:40 AM
link   

The scientific consensus is real. The science is real. Your transparent attempts to deny reality are truly pathetic.

Repeating propaganda talking points doesn't change that. All it does is expose your ignorance and make you a laughing stock instead of a respectable poster.

Please grow up.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   

It is funny you write that. That is exactly what you, the OP, and several others constantly do.

Obfuscate, question the meaning of elementary definitions, obfuscate some more, mention Al Gore and tax scams, more obfuscation, post an opinion piece from a fossil shill, ignore what NOAA and NASA have say.....keep on obfuscating. I might add there may be an attempt to astroturf here, just read page 1 and how many come out to mindlessly support the OP.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   

It doesn't take one to know that scientific consensus is an absurdity and any scientist worth their salt will agree.

To be fair, most scientists I know disagree with the idea of a "97% consensus". Based on what they read and conversations with colleagues etc, they consider it to be higher than that

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: bronco73

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes
a reply to: seasonal

Coolest summer I have sen for YEARS, where we live! As in, WAY cooler, by 10=20 degrees. Gore is a liar, and a phony.

Dude you know nothing about AGW, climate change, man made glowball warming, or science in general.

It's common knowledge that when you experience cooler local temperatures it has nothing whatsoever to do with global climate change, but when you experience warmer local temperatures it's absolute undeniable proof that the world is going to burn itself to ashes.

That would be "dudette", lol! Of course, that's what they want us to think!! Only look at data that proves their point, and if any doesn't, change it if they can!

Lately, it's been cooler even in S. Texas - have some family there, and it's been 90's instead of 100+. Of course, it's always "just south of Hell" temps there, lol!

Whatever happened to the ice age they were predicting some years back? Made for a cool movie (no pun intended), as I recall, lol!

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   
What does Al Gore have to do with Climate Change or Global Warming? LOL

Global Warming is about Scientific Data and research. Al Gore was a minor Vice President. Although his wife ran a group against Heavy metal music at one time. Maybe that counts for something, because there was this one Heavy Metal group called Celtic Frost and ...

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

He has made millions of $$$ on the carbon shares. He used his network to make huge $$$.

The only difference between libs and conserves after they get out of office is absolutely nothing.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   

a reply to: seasonal

Coolest summer I have sen for YEARS, where we live! As in, WAY cooler, by 10=20 degrees. Gore is a liar, and a phony.

I have to challenge your assertion here. 10-20 degrees below normal? I really have a hard time believing that, why isn't it all over the news and blowing up the internet?

I assume you don't live in Greenland, which is apparently experiencing an unusually cool summer, and the US west is in the midst of a record hot summer, so please let us know where you live so we can look up the weather records. (I don't want your address, just the town or metropolitan area is fine).

In the middle of the country, basically plains. It's about 80° outside right now, and usually, this time of year, it's 90's, and often over 100, if there is a heat wave. The average is a good ten degrees higher, and it's often more than that. Last month, weirdly, was hotter than usual. This month? Much cooler! Last night, dipped down to low 50's. In August. That is NOT common here, not in the decade-plus we've been in this area.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

Global Warming is about Scientific Data and research. Al Gore was a minor Vice President. Although his wife ran a group against Heavy metal music at one time. Maybe that counts for something, because there was this one Heavy Metal group called Celtic Frost and ...

Well, he pushes falsities and skews much of the data in order to virtue signal and show everyone who agrees with his view how pious he is to the climate change/global warming/greenhouse effect/ozone layer depletion religion.

If you think global warming is about scientific data - I did noticed you capitalized those words - and research, perhaps you ought to change your perspective and have around the other way. Research and scientific data is about interpretation of results and hypothesis.

You'll see and hear a lot of nonsense about scientific consensus but this is fallacy and totally absurd. Scientific consensus is anathema to science.

I don't believe you are unclear on Al Gore's role in pushing this nonsense, as nothing more than argument from authority and frankly as much of a joke as he is that is the best compliment he should expect to receive on the matter.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 02:47 AM
link   

In the middle of the country, basically plains. It's about 80° outside right now, and usually, this time of year, it's 90's, and often over 100, if there is a heat wave. The average is a good ten degrees higher, and it's often more than that. Last month, weirdly, was hotter than usual. This month? Much cooler! Last night, dipped down to low 50's. In August. That is NOT common here, not in the decade-plus we've been in this area.

Since you have declined to give me the metropolitan area, I will assume Omaha Nebraska. That is on "basically plains" in just about the "middle of the country."

Using the figures from AccuWeather for Omaha for July and August 2017 and plugging them into a spreadsheet I came up with a different picture than you have described.

1. All numbers rounded to nearest degree
  2. I did not process the low temperatures
  3. All temperatures are in Fahrenheit

• The HISTORICAL average HIGH for July is 87 degrees
    • The ACTUAL average HIGH for July was 90 degrees
    • The average DIFFERENCE between Historical and Average for July was 3 degrees WARMER
    • There were 18 days in July that were above their historical average.
    • There were 4 days in July (of the 18) that were 10 degrees or more WARMER than their daily average.
    • The highest day above average was July 21 which was 16 degrees above its historical average (103 vs 87).
    • There 10 days in July that were below their historical average.
    • The days with the greatest below average was July 10 and July 26 which were both 4 degrees below their average high.
    • There were 3 days that hit their historical average.

August data is for 1 August to 23 August.

• The HISTORICAL average HIGH for August(1-23) is 85 degrees
    • The ACTUAL average HIGH for August(1-23) was 93 degrees
    • The average DIFFERENCE between Historical and Average for August was 3 degrees COOLER (so far)
    • There were 16 days in August that were BELOW their historical average.
    • There were 2 days in August (of the 16) that were 10 degrees or more COOLER than their daily average.
    • The highest day below average was August 3 which was 10 degrees below its historical average (76 vs 86).
    • There 5 days in August that were ABOVE their historical average (so far).
    • The were 4 days with the greatest above average which were all 3 degrees above their average high.
    • There were 2 days that hit their historical average.

Taken all together, July and August (so far) high temperatures have been right on the historical average (July 3 degrees warmer, August 3 degrees cooler).

I did not look at the lows in as much detail, but it looks like Omaha had several lows in the high 50's when the average for the day was in the low to mid 60's. For example, the coolest low was 4 August at 52 degrees with an historical average low of 66.

It is important to note that the average for a particular day is the average of the actual temperature recorded since records began. Average means average, not mean, and not the maximum (or minimum) ever recorded.

Also note that this is a discussion of local current WEATHER and NOT CLIMATE. Although the historical averages are part of the climate record, climate deals with long term averages not the individual day.

It would be interesting to find out what the historical average highs and lows were in, say, 1970. I believe that you would find that those averages have pushed up some since 1970. That would take someone with more data than is so easily available as this years weather.

The bottom line is that you (assuming you live in Omaha) are NOT experiencing unusual cold snaps of 20 degrees below normal. The coldest day in August was 16 degrees cooler and there was another that was 10 degrees cooler, but in July there were 3 days that were 10 degrees warmer and one that was 16 degrees warmer.

edit on 24/8/2017 by rnaa because: take out extraneous blank lines

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: rnaa

I mistyped the August historical average High in the above note. It should have been 86 (actually computed to 85.6).

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

Well, he pushes falsities and skews much of the data in order to virtue signal and show everyone who agrees with his view how pious he is to the climate change/global warming/greenhouse effect/ozone layer depletion religion.

If you think global warming is about scientific data - I did noticed you capitalized those words - and research, perhaps you ought to change your perspective and have around the other way. Research and scientific data is about interpretation of results and hypothesis.

You'll see and hear a lot of nonsense about scientific consensus but this is fallacy and totally absurd. Scientific consensus is anathema to science.

I don't believe you are unclear on Al Gore's role in pushing this nonsense, as nothing more than argument from authority and frankly as much of a joke as he is that is the best compliment he should expect to receive on the matter.

I'll give you that Al Gore is spouting propaganda, but so is Breitbart and many others on the fossil fuel side of the argument. They kind of cancel each other out.

Again, we should be listening to scientists and not Al Gore and not MSNBC or Fox News or Talk radio.

If we all ignored the propaganda and listened to real scientists, I think we'd all be on the same page.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Since you have declined to give me the metropolitan area, I will assume Omaha Nebraska. That is on "basically plains" in just about the "middle of the country."

Using the figures from AccuWeather for Omaha for July and August 2017 and plugging them into a spreadsheet I came up with a different picture than you have described.

1. All numbers rounded to nearest degree
  2. I did not process the low temperatures
  3. All temperatures are in Fahrenheit

• The HISTORICAL average HIGH for July is 87 degrees
    • The ACTUAL average HIGH for July was 90 degrees
    • The average DIFFERENCE between Historical and Average for July was 3 degrees WARMER
    • There were 18 days in July that were above their historical average.
    • There were 4 days in July (of the 18) that were 10 degrees or more WARMER than their daily average.
    • The highest day above average was July 21 which was 16 degrees above its historical average (103 vs 87).
    • There 10 days in July that were below their historical average.
    • The days with the greatest below average was July 10 and July 26 which were both 4 degrees below their average high.
    • There were 3 days that hit their historical average.

August data is for 1 August to 23 August.

• The HISTORICAL average HIGH for August(1-23) is 85 degrees
    • The ACTUAL average HIGH for August(1-23) was 93 degrees
    • The average DIFFERENCE between Historical and Average for August was 3 degrees COOLER (so far)
    • There were 16 days in August that were BELOW their historical average.
    • There were 2 days in August (of the 16) that were 10 degrees or more COOLER than their daily average.
    • The highest day below average was August 3 which was 10 degrees below its historical average (76 vs 86).
    • There 5 days in August that were ABOVE their historical average (so far).
    • The were 4 days with the greatest above average which were all 3 degrees above their average high.
    • There were 2 days that hit their historical average.

Taken all together, July and August (so far) high temperatures have been right on the historical average (July 3 degrees warmer, August 3 degrees cooler).

I did not look at the lows in as much detail, but it looks like Omaha had several lows in the high 50's when the average for the day was in the low to mid 60's. For example, the coolest low was 4 August at 52 degrees with an historical average low of 66.

It is important to note that the average for a particular day is the average of the actual temperature recorded since records began. Average means average, not mean, and not the maximum (or minimum) ever recorded.

Also note that this is a discussion of local current WEATHER and NOT CLIMATE. Although the historical averages are part of the climate record, climate deals with long term averages not the individual day.

It would be interesting to find out what the historical average highs and lows were in, say, 1970. I believe that you would find that those averages have pushed up some since 1970. That would take someone with more data than is so easily available as this years weather.

The bottom line is that you (assuming you live in Omaha) are NOT experiencing unusual cold snaps of 20 degrees below normal. The coldest day in August was 16 degrees cooler and there was another that was 10 degrees cooler, but in July there were 3 days that were 10 degrees warmer and one that was 16 degrees warmer.

Not in Nebraska, and not listing a location, so deal with it. Where I live it is, in FACT, a good ten degrees cooler than average this month, and often more than that. Usually, this time of year, we have temps in the high nineties, to over 100. We've been able to open the windows at night, because it's dropped into the 60's, or even 50's a few nights, which is very uncommon for this area, in August. Is what it is. Weather changes. Always has, always will.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 02:40 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Well, if you will not provide a locale that can be reviewed then you simply cannot be believed.

It really isn't too difficult to back up your assertions with evidence. Nor is it 'unsafe' to describe your locale with a bit more precision than 'somewhere in the great plains but not in Nebraska'. In fact, if the weather is as you say in your locale, then that fact alone is probably identifying your locale with more precision than you would expect to some one who has the time and patience to track it down (of course if you are lying then it isn't doing anything is it?).

Put up or shut up.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join