It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So White Lives Matter March = White Nationalist? Lol

page: 16
<< 13  14  15   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

We really need an sarcasm font

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

It's hard not to be sarcastic or facetious with crazy overblown topics like these. Plus I'm usually sarcastic or facetious normally.

A font for it would be awesome...
edit on 8/15/2017 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   
"you will not replace us" haha this's funny gee a reply to: Xianb

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14
Excuse me, you began the insults and "pissing contest." You insulted my education level and other things. You responded to a post not about you with complete disrespect towards me.

Secondly, it's clear you have poor reading comprehension and debate skills. The topic in question is whether or not some individuals are acting in a hateful manner towards white males, NOT whether any individual posting here is having a hard time. Please don't move the goal posts. It's manipulative.

Is your entire career and everything you've done related to evidence based policy and community impact surrounding anti poverty and all related intersecting issues (education, affordable housing, economic justice, etc)? If not, you should be a little more respectful to strangers and not presume.

Finally it's clear to me that you are not actively involved in the actual social justice activist spaces aforementioned, and you really don't have any leg to stand on regarding judging the impact of current trends. You are an outsider, presuming to judge. The division and cannibilism in these spaces are actually actively pushing people away and lowering the potential impact of these orgs.

reply to: amazing

I'm not moving goal posts just commenting. I'll also be the first to admit that I'm a terrible debater and writer and my posts tend to ramble. You've definitely got me beat there by a mile!

So I'm just saying that so what if individuals are acting in a hateful manner towards white males. In a world of 7 billion people there will always be a few people with anger towards white males. If that anger has no effect/affect on us white males, then who cares? It has no bearing and has not made mine nor yours nor any white males life any harder. It's whining.

As for our pissing contest. It's clear you have way more education than me with the way you frame your answers. I have been an elected official in a board of education. I'm on the board of directors of an omnibus, umbrella non profit as I type this. My daily job entails helping people, especially those with autism, OCD< ADHD, crime victims, bullying victims etc. I have several awards for service in communites etc etc. No canibalism here. LOL

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wedni
"you will not replace us" haha this's funny gee a reply to: Xianb

You find it funny? I find it repugnant and horrifying and I'm not at all surprised that a huge resistance is finally emerging to it.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Now we can talk.

I respect your work in the community and with people in need.

To be clear, I actually am a social justice supporter, and not some right wing or whatever critic of the real goals. Like you I work in the community. My focus has historically been two main things: education programs and equity for low income communities and two, community economic development also working with low income communities. I currently work in affordable housing and anti-homelessness in NYC.

You are right, and so are most liberals, that your average white male is not oppressed, excepting of course I think those living in extreme poverty (which is a different topic). But in that case so are people of color living in extreme poverty. My main critique of such hateful comments or actions towards white people, is that they are not constructive to the actual goals of addressing racial or gender inequalities. In fact, they often are counter-productive, at the very least on community organizing basis or coalition building basis. If you are trying to maximize impact, it isn't good communication.

As I said, it turns off allies, fails to convince people not in the echo chamber and on the fence, and gives fuel to the actual racists or sexists or critics. I've seen this first hand, and it's an issue that more and more practitioners in these fields are discussing. So my main point here is, even if a person is an "SJW" then such actions don't help the cause.

It actively undermines the goals even beyond that, because it begins to represent micro evils of regressing back to judging people by their skin color or gender, ostensibly things that social justice originally was supposed to fight.

Does this make sense, at least theoretically?
edit on 15-8-2017 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-8-2017 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15   >>

join