It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So White Lives Matter March = White Nationalist? Lol

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: ker2010
a reply to: Staroth

Hey stop it, they cant be racist just like these guys www.youtube.com...
cant be because they are black. Dont expect the left to disavow them.

These people are actually simply the mirror image of neo-nazi's and the klan, but the world seems to pretend they don't exist.
Just like Trump said - "all sides". He was spot on.

Yep all sides... 100% BOTH sides. But the issue is lots of people on the left say POC cant be racist soooo.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   
oh wow, a series of ad hominems and logical fallacies. I work in social justice, and with NGOs and government. So please, don't bring your judgements around here. I am deeper in the activist/social justice world than you are, just based on what you said. It doesn't sound like your career nor focus.

Further, I have graduate degrees related to these topics, so it's doubtful you are more educated than me on these topics, per your insinuation that I'm uneducated.

I didn't say I was having a hard time in life. You are putting words in my mouth and manipulating. I said that there are some individuals who have taken social justice to an extreme and are now acting in hateful or bigoted manners toward white people or white males.

It's a recent development, and it wasn't this way a decade ago.

a reply to: amazing

edit on 14-8-2017 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Exactly, it's demonstrable online and in real life, but provable on here by citing a variety of articles, blogs, and videos. One can be a liberal even like me, and have the honesty to admit that some individuals are saying things like this. I think people aren't being intellectually honest when they claim otherwise, OR they may not be as I said currently in the spaces where this stuff is happening most (academia, liberal political gov offices, left-leaning NGOs, etc).
a reply to: ker2010

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

Well they are either being intellectually dishonest OR they are completely uneducated fools with the maturity level of an embryo.

Look, no one's perfect, but intelligent reasonable people can be fair and have decent productive conversations...

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
a reply to: Lucidparadox

620,000 people died in the civil war. That statue is a memorial to half of them. It is also part of our history. Democrats should be railing against the removal of that statue. After all, he was the general that fought for their side in the civil war.

Not one school in Germany is named after a Nazi general, no monuments built in their honor, wave around a swastika and risk going to jail..yet The Germans, know their history but is able to put it behind them.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

Well they are either being intellectually dishonest OR they are completely uneducated fools with the maturity level of an embryo.

Look, no one's perfect, but intelligent reasonable people can be fair and have decent productive conversations...

What worries me is that many ostensibly educated people, including some of my friends and colleagues, would claim otherwise. It's almost as if identity politics is becoming it's own kind of fundamentalist ideology rather than a real activist discourse, and people who are beholden to it seem to have a faith based belief in it, and the ability to socially crucify any heretics who might question it in any way. So for example, if someone points out that it might not be constructive to activism to stereotype all white people, or project on to some random white male, instead of there being a constructive conversation many people seem to just shut down, or worse go on the attack.

I grew up in an evangelical, fundamentalist family. I recognize some of the same dogmatic thinking in the more extreme groups or individuals within social justice.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Everything we humans do is survival driven first and foremost.

The reason that they will "shut down" is because they know they are wrong, but cannot accept that because their survival instincts are threatened.

In this scenario they view the "white male" as a dominating force that represents death and destruction. This is probably both subconscious and partially conscious. Think of all the wars, all the corruption, all the unfair practices and tyranny, the genocides etc associated with "white males".

Of course, any fair appreciation of history reveals that ALL people of all ethnic groups have been guilty of these types of crimes, but herein lies the problem - prioritization and immediacy. The biggest threat demands to be dealt with first and the other threats can be handled later.

So even if one threat is challenging the larger threat, it's acceptable because the primary threat must be defeated no matter what no holds barred. The secondary or tertiary threats are to be dealt with later, when and if they become the next primary threat.

What I'm saying here is that "They don't give a F" about morals, facts, what's right or wrong, common sense or any of this rational stuff. They are deeply threatened by a frightening overwhelming force (their idea or fantasy of the 'white male' whether it be realistic or greatly exaggerated is irrelevant) and simply need to find any way to slowly chip away at the problem source and hopefully eventually destroy it entirely.

If that results in genocide, who cares you know?
This is about survival and it's everyone for themselves in the end.

Now amazingly enough, though if you are well versed in history if ought not be surprising, it was actually some very powerful 'white males' who created this paranoia on purpose, by design, purely because it was an effective method of divide and conquer. And we have to think about what the end game agenda might possibly be.

Ask yourself, 'why exactly would white males promote an extremist anti-white male ideology and for what mission?'.

I believe that this mural explains the end game, and through it's symbolism it explains exactly why the 'white male' is the focus - who holds the hammer?

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

620,000 people died in the civil war. That statue is a memorial to half of them. It is also part of our history. Democrats should be railing against the removal of that statue. After all, he was the general that fought for their side in the civil war.

Not one school in Germany is named after a Nazi general, no monuments built in their honor, wave around a swastika and risk going to jail..yet The Germans, know their history but is able to put it behind them.

Comparing the Confederacy to Nazi Germany is completely inaccurate.

Is that really how you view the Civil War?
The Army of Liberty vs Genocidal Megalomaniacs?

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 02:29 AM
link   
The south were traitors maybe even terrorist by definition in the civil war but you are right comparing them to nazis isn't accurate.

These post make less and less sense.
Police are a paid service meant to protect people "black lives matter" regardless of how you feel about them were an attempt at giving a voice to the voiceless which were mainly dead people (not all their chants or practices were or are correct but they're marching for everyone if there is any sort of persucution or hindering in any society it affects everyone).

The marches lately are fear mongering."white nationalist"
rights weren't taken by all the people they hate they were taken by the last 5+ presidents/governing bodies.
edit on 15-8-2017 by Variable7 because: I needed to clarify who i was talking about.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 02:36 AM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

Army of Liberty?

liberty
ˈlɪbəti/Submit
noun
the state of being free within society from oppressive restrictions imposed by authority on one's behaviour or political views.

You are going to have to explain that to me because they were for anything but towards black slaves.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 02:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

originally posted by: Logarock
a reply to: Xianb

Well for me personally these protesters that show up in their righteous indignation with ball bats ect are simply very hatefully anti white.

You ignore the fact your side was armed also and the counter protesters were merely armed for defense after seeing the white supremacists and their ilk armed to the teeth.

Hmm... defence eh? From watching the video streams their actions did not look very defensive to me.
There would have been no violence had the counter protest not turned up. In fact, it would have just been a bunch of losers standing by a statue for two days and being laughed at.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 03:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

originally posted by: Spider879

Comparing the Confederacy to Nazi Germany is completely inaccurate.

Is that really how you view the Civil War?
The Army of Liberty vs Genocidal Megalomaniacs?

The 'Army of Liberty'???
Can you please take a moment to think about the peculiar institution that they were fighting for and then reconsider your absurd statement?

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Where are the pictures to support the lefts claims that the protest was Nazi or white supremacist

All the people I personally know or see at the event where just plan ole right wing people protesting against removing history

The only violence come from alt left, the right were defending themselves

The media spin is nothing short of phycological warfare

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 04:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: TritonTaranis
Where are the pictures to support the lefts claims that the protest was Nazi or white supremacist

All the people I personally know or see at the event where just plan ole right wing people protesting against removing history

The only violence come from alt left, the right were defending themselves

The media spin is nothing short of phycological warfare

You're getting desperate to excuse this aren't you?

These were literally the first pictures on Google, it really isn't that difficult to find them if you bother trying:

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 04:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

Looks like a small town Comic-Con for assholes.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 05:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

LOL. You owe me a new keyboard, mine is now covered in coffee.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 05:34 AM
link   

I've wondered if ignoring them to death would better than protesting them. 20-30 guys marching down an empty street in their 'bad guy' costumes would show the truth of them. Like Village People for aspiring knuckleheads. White Pride version of Gay Pride.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 05:34 AM
link   

that's awesome... a bunch of keyboard warriors cosplaying tough guy nazis

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 05:37 AM
link   

I've wondered if ignoring them to death would better than protesting them. 20-30 guys marching down an empty street in their 'bad guy' costumes would show the truth of them. Like Village People for aspiring knuckleheads. White Pride version of Gay Pride.

I like the idea of ignoring them until they hopefully fade away into insignificance, unfortunately they seem to be stubborn however - like a smear of dog poo stuck in between the tread on your shoe that just wont come out no matter how much you scrape at it with that stick.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

Angry geeks in their activity outfits and boy scout patches.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join