It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NK Thought - Follow here for a sec.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

I reckon that's because OP's clip was originally aimed at people in North Korea, and yours at people in the west. They have very different views of the world, so the propaganda has to be very different too. That's an interesting film though, seems really sophisticated. And ironically it has some good points in it.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: cnoland

I think North Korea has been underestimated by the current US administration but they have underestimated their resolve not their power , the President thought he could intimidate them by sending a carrier group and making threats against them but as anyone who has watched the North over the years knows that just makes them stronger.

North Korea has limited power partly due to the sanctions levied against them and even though they're working toward Nuclear capability achieving that and using it are two different things , like all regimes of its kind it wants survival and launching an unprovoked attack on a neighbor or other enemy will be the end for them.

I don't think there will be a war but brinkmanship can lead to unforeseen outcomes , cool heads are needed at this time not bluster.

I don't think NK has been underestimated. Obviously the pressure has increased on NK and the fat boy. Threatening to attack the U.S., Guam or any other nation in the region is, by definition, suicidal insanity. Allowing this guy nukes AND ICBMs?

Not an option. JMO, though.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   
This was too funny.

You do know that it is joke?

None of the translation matches what is actually being said, but it was funny.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I'm so sick of hearing the media say that we will be "at war" with North Korea. A Gorilla is never "at war" with a mosquito. Mosquito bites...splat!...end of mosquito (aka Kim Jong). That's what it would be like between the USA and North Korea.

President Trump is attempting to get the mosquito to bite. Then..SPLAT! It would look cruel for us to kill it BEFORE it bites.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

No, I wasn't aware it was a joke.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Well, lets ask some North Koreans who have escaped North Korea.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Yeah. I would have to say any place is a bad place if you are not allowed to leave that place.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 03:16 AM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

It is certainly extremely disturbing. It is difficult to imagine living in a world like that...and seeing those people cowed and subverted like that only reinforces the feeling that maybe this guy is something more than just an angry, inept, obese little lunatic. He didn't drag those people down by being silly and ineffective. He doesn't keep them down by that method either. We may be able to dismiss him as nothing, but his people sure don't. That should count for something at least.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

I don't think NK has been underestimated. Obviously the pressure has increased on NK and the fat boy. Threatening to attack the U.S., Guam or any other nation in the region is, by definition, suicidal insanity.

President Trump thought he could bully them into submission by sending his carrier group over there as a projection of US might which just resulted in more missile launches , he underestimated them.
Mr Kim hasn't threatened to attack Guam he said they would fire missiles toward Guam which would land in the sea , attacking Guam would be suicidal insanity which is why he won't do that , he is neither suicidal nor insane.

Mr Kim , like a petulant child is pushing the boundaries , the fact China voted against them at the UN and made the statement about not standing in the way of a retaliatory strike will send a powerful message to the North Korean leadership.

Allowing this guy nukes AND ICBMs? Not an option. JMO, though.

I agree but attacking North Korea is not an option either , the only way forward is through diplomacy with the help of China , if Mr Kim is to be slapped it must be China doing the slapping.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 03:54 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I dont know if you can bully batsh#t crazy

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Mr Kim hasn't threatened to attack Guam he said they would fire missiles toward Guam which would land in the sea , attacking Guam would be suicidal insanity which is why he won't do that , he is neither suicidal nor insane.

a point people appear to be ignoring in the apparent hysteria.

trump knew he would take stick for taking a 17 day golfing break and needed something to take the heat off, kim gave him a perfect story.

media, globally is choking the life out of his tweet while he no doubt shoots kim jong un style course records, to be tweeted about later.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 04:27 AM
link   
a reply to: khnum

That was like a cross between thunderbirds and monkey ....nice....

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen
a reply to: SeaWorthy

It is certainly extremely disturbing. It is difficult to imagine living in a world like that...and seeing those people cowed and subverted like that only reinforces the feeling that maybe this guy is something more than just an angry, inept, obese little lunatic. He didn't drag those people down by being silly and ineffective. He doesn't keep them down by that method either. We may be able to dismiss him as nothing, but his people sure don't. That should count for something at least.

I think it is well developed mind control and fear. The methods were perfected long before he became leader...Great leader

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
I'm so sick of hearing the media say that we will be "at war" with North Korea. A Gorilla is never "at war" with a mosquito. Mosquito bites...splat!...end of mosquito (aka Kim Jong). That's what it would be like between the USA and North Korea.

President Trump is attempting to get the mosquito to bite. Then..SPLAT! It would look cruel for us to kill it BEFORE it bites.

Well actually, many people are actually concerned with the fate of NK and Japan. While I realize Trump supporters like yourself are beside yourself with glee at the thought of Trump "crushing" NK, and thus proving his might and the apparent size of his balls, many others are actually concerned that upwards of hundreds of thousands of NKs could die within minutes if an attack was launched.

If you don't think we should attack unless there is no alternative, then my apologizes. But your comment comes across as one of the many overzealous "nuke until they glow and shoot them in the dark" mentality of Trump supporters who thinks the U.S. should be the 'badass" of the world again, and involve itself in everything, and blow up anyone who doesn't agree with us.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: nwtrucker

I don't think NK has been underestimated. Obviously the pressure has increased on NK and the fat boy. Threatening to attack the U.S., Guam or any other nation in the region is, by definition, suicidal insanity.

President Trump thought he could bully them into submission by sending his carrier group over there as a projection of US might which just resulted in more missile launches , he underestimated them.

Mr Kim , like a petulant child is pushing the boundaries , the fact China voted against them at the UN and made the statement about not standing in the way of a retaliatory strike will send a powerful message to the North Korean leadership.

Allowing this guy nukes AND ICBMs? Not an option. JMO, though.

I agree but attacking North Korea is not an option either , the only way forward is through diplomacy with the help of China , if Mr Kim is to be slapped it must be China doing the slapping.

When has diplomacy worked with NK?

Actually, it may now work. Speak softly and carry a big stick. Zero credibility using diplomacy when there's nothing to back it up. From nuclear technology through to food they've had no problem accepting without giving up anything in return.

There are plenty of others to act as intermediators between the two. Good cop-bad cop. If it doesn't work, he needs to go down. Period.

As far as 'sanity' goes. I cannot ascribe that trait to anyone who treats his people the way he does. If insane isn't appropriate then evil is the closest that comes to mind.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join