It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA vs USA

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   
It's been said many times here that the People(TP) should be armed to protect themselves from the Government(TG). I think this is a moot position. Even with the tech TG just doesn't have the numbers to overtake the most heavily armed populous in the world. Check the numbers:

www.globalfirepower.com...

And:

The United States has 90 guns for every 100 citizens, making it the most heavily armed society in the world, a report released on Tuesday said.

www.reuters.com...

TG is vastly outnumbered. Yes they have the most advanced tech, weaponry and training but you're looking at 25-1. That would make any overt move by TG foolhardy imo. Thoughts? Am I missing something?

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   
They have bombs and missiles which are more effective than guns. Not saying it will ever come to that but I'm sure TG would be more than happy with the body count they rack up if such a thing does take place.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
It's been said many times here that the People(TP) should be armed to protect themselves from the Government(TG). I think this is a moot position. Even with the tech TG just doesn't have the numbers to overtake the most heavily armed populous in the world. Check the numbers:

www.globalfirepower.com...

And:

The United States has 90 guns for every 100 citizens, making it the most heavily armed society in the world, a report released on Tuesday said.

www.reuters.com...

TG is vastly outnumbered. Yes they have the most advanced tech, weaponry and training but you're looking at 25-1. That would make any overt move by TG foolhardy imo. Thoughts? Am I missing something?

And who comprises the U.S. government? Non-Americans?

Ever see a hellfire strike from a Predator UAV?

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

I think you're overlooking covert weaponry disguised as wireless communication...namely 5G....and then whatever comes after that....

They're in the prestages of rolling out the these 5g microwave boxes on every street corner in america...

Right under your nose...

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   

They just get TP to kill each other instead....

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   

I think you're missing the fact that there's a very small percentage chance of any sort of civil uprising against the government, and beyond that, a very small percentage of the gun population that would actually use them against the government if it did happen. IOW, for the vast majority of gun owners, protection from the government is the least of their objectives.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   

If The People turned on and took their revenge upon the family members of those employed by The Government ...

Then The People win, because The Government won't be staffed.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   
'the people' are waaay too busy attacking each other to concentrate on their masters.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   

My money's on USA.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

USA vs USA

Yup, sounds about right.

It seems most Americans still haven't settled their disputes and bitterness over the first civil war.... which is causing them to head straight into their second one.

Let's hope this second one will finally remedy the situation once and for all.

.... and how will the US government handle the current fight happening amongst it's denizens ?

I suspect it will not be a pretty picture... since we all know they're the bastards who are feeding the flames.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Yeah but the thing is you could have 1000 people shooting small arms onto an APC and you'd hardly make a dint.

Good luck shooting down drones that operate above 10,000 feet.

Let's say the Abrams come out to play, civilian populations don't stand a chance against modern battlefield armor. What with their composite armor, reactive armor plating, long-range engagement capabilities, multiple weapons and ammunition types, advanced target recognition capabilities... I could go on.

It'd be a turkey shoot. The brave will get confirmed kills of that I have no doubt, but almost always at the cost of their own life.

Even seizing weaponry wouldn't go well, you need training, logistics and maintenance.

It could never end well.

If the US was threatened seriously, by it's own or foreigners, I can all but guarantee that automated weapons platforms would be rolled out. It's game over when a robot can accurately send 10,000+ large calibre bullets in your direction a minute.
edit on 12-8-2017 by RAY1990 because: More to add

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tucket

I think you're overlooking covert weaponry disguised as wireless communication...namely 5G....and then whatever comes after that....

They're in the prestages of rolling out the these 5g microwave boxes on every street corner in america...

Right under your nose...

I think they look like big,white drums.A cell phone tower near my neighborhood has one on it.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz5
That is why they keep us distracted.

5G is just an up-scaling in their control of all us little insects they have snared in their web.

"Come into my parlor says the spider to the fly."

Even if you threw away all your electronic nodes, you would stick out like a flashing neon sign in the dark.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Nope. You're not missing a thing, 'trep.

'course, you've got to take into account the folks who will roll over and show their throats... So the numbers aren't quite so ridiculously lopsided.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   
History has shown that you cannot control a population that refuses to be controlled.

However, that population may suffer horrendous casualties. And their ultimate victory will likely take years if not decades.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   

The tech that the government/military has is so vastly superior to the weaponry of the American populace, not to mention psych warfare, its a war that ended before it ever began.

However...

And this is a bigly non issue, but....

If the gov/military did get legitimately out of hand and did some heinously #ed up # to its own people, youve got to consider:

-Defectors with access to military/intelligence equipment and intel who have the means to put it into the "rebel" hands.

-Human ingenuity. Some genius who wants to pop the heads of an overly aggressive military that attacks its own people may create some gun that can shoot high level microwave pulses, frying a person from the inside out...etc.

Things could get crazy, but extremely unlikely.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Supposedly we still have a volunteer army. You would need enough of them to volunteer to attack their own.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

All that is very true.

However, all those things require support. Those APC's, and Abrams tanks require fuel, and fuel trucks, none of which are horribly bullet proof. Drones require bases from which to be operated from. Maintenance hangers, etc... Easily located.

Not a turkey shoot. Not even remotely. There are many men and women who would not support a govt. crackdown for what ever reason, many of whom have the skills necessary to spoof all of those wonder weapons.

...and I have to wonder, how many of our all volunteer forces (army, navy, air force, marines, and coast guard) would go along with this?

Nope, my AR clone won't stop a Bradley, nor would half a dozen of them...but I'll bet a properly trained and motivated group could probably come up with a way to use those AR clones to get stuff that would stop a Bradley or even an Abrams.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I'm guessing no few of them wouldn't go along.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 02:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: RAY1990

All that is very true.

However, all those things require support. Those APC's, and Abrams tanks require fuel, and fuel trucks, none of which are horribly bullet proof. Drones require bases from which to be operated from. Maintenance hangers, etc... Easily located.

Not a turkey shoot. Not even remotely. There are many men and women who would not support a govt. crackdown for what ever reason, many of whom have the skills necessary to spoof all of those wonder weapons.

...and I have to wonder, how many of our all volunteer forces (army, navy, air force, marines, and coast guard) would go along with this?

Nope, my AR clone won't stop a Bradley, nor would half a dozen of them...but I'll bet a properly trained and motivated group could probably come up with a way to use those AR clones to get stuff that would stop a Bradley or even an Abrams.

Home made explosives in a tank tread can ruin a Abrams day pretty quickly i hear. WW2 style rtx would prolly still work well in sticky bombs.

Defeating IR is easy too. insulated fire suits block body heat. Thos From england think we are in the same sitch they are in but nothing is farther from the truth. And Our miliatary would mostly side with the people.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join