It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Car Plow into Crowd at Va White Protest

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Lots of people are murdered every day. Why is this one so captivating to all?

You're a worthless human being if you can't answer that yourself.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

You cannot compare a statue of Jefferson to someone who fought to maintain slavery in real time history.

Sure Jefferson and Washington were hypocrites but they were around in a different era when slavery was not as near to being abolished as the civil war period.

The adoration, glorification and romanticizing of confederates is a moral outrage, since not only did they want to maintain an evil system of slavery but were also traitors.

Morally speaking, to me its equivalent to people who want to have statues of Hitler.

To black people in the south the confederacy may have well been Nazis and they were the Jews

Go try and put a statue of Hitler in Israel and see how far you get

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

Yeah, that makes no sense, kid driving all the way from Michigan just to protest in Virginia.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: iWontGiveUP

A far cry from Michigan.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Diabolical1972

Are you saying that a person actively in police custody for plowing into a crowd of people might be posting denials, pimping his garage band and posting music from the interrogation room?

Or am I misunderstanding your point?

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

I'm not even going to bite for a post comparing Lee to Hitler.
There was no treason- nobody was tried for treason for fighting for the Confederacy.

edit on 12-8-2017 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Apparently this is the guy Hefficide.

James Alex Fields Jr.

everipedia.org...
edit on 12-8-2017 by Diabolical1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Three dead, and many in life threatening critical condition.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: Anathros
We'll soon lose our right to peaceful protests if people keep this up. There needs to be some tough sentences for those involved in the incident(s).

Or people will just stay home so some radical doesn't plow into them with a vehicle.

Look, I lean right but not so far that I lose my balance. None of these people represent me. I can get into a heated discussion but that's all it is, a discussion. All these people went looking for trouble, many found more than they expected and one lost their life. There are no winners on either side and it's disgrace to our country.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy
Trump should have called it out properly in his last statement, and sent a direct message to the 'Alt right.
That's a big problem, he has no bother calling out this staffer that staffer, yet he can't spit out Putin bad boy, KKK anti-ethnics, WS for what they are...he should even for his own interests in the long run, be distancing himself from people like that, but no he doesn't.

So anytime someone does something you feel the president should have to cmention on it. Seriously????? Wow the american public has gothen stupid. The president should not have to disavow every nut case just because you think he should.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

Trump should have called it out properly in his last statement, and sent a direct message to the 'Alt right.
That's a big problem, he has no bother calling out this staffer that staffer, yet he can't spit out Putin bad boy, KKK anti-ethnics, WS for what they are...he should even for his own interests in the long run, be distancing himself from people like that, but no he doesn't.

So anytime someone does something you feel the president should have to cmention on it. Seriously????? Wow the american public has gothen stupid. The president should not have to disavow every nut case just because you think he should.

He has no problem attacking people. He'll attack people in his own party. Even his own administration.

But when it comes to racists, Nazis and Putin ... he just cannot do it.

That clearly tells you where his allegiances lie.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Moresby

He has no problem attacking people. He'll attack people in his own party. Even his own administration.

Wow, this post literally made me cringe. You're truly lost in the world where our President wears a hood and burns crosses. Trouble is, that world is make believe and you lose all credibility with this post.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Wow, this post literally made me cringe. You're truly lost in the world where our President wears a hood and burns crosses. Trouble is, that world is make believe and you lose all credibility with this post.

Just tell him to be smarter in 2020 than he was in 2016. Maybe he will get the type of President he wants.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   
If the events of today were not so tragic it would almost make me laugh.

The group who organised the march to save the statue are being lauded as merely exercising their freedom of speech by some on here.

It seems to have totally been ignored that they turned up wearing helmets, carrying shields and wielding baseball bats.

I'm not sure what the American idea of speech is but here in the UK we tend to think it means talking and not turning up kitted out for a riot.

Am I missing something?

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: PheonixReborn

It seems to have totally been ignored that they turned up wearing helmets, carrying shields and wielding baseball bats.

Frankly ,if you are going anywhere that antifa are likely to be, you'd have to be a fool not to be tooled up. They do have a history of violence against those they don't like, after all.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
a reply to: smurfy

Like m0j0m said did you pull that out of your ass?
I guess jumping on random twitter posts is pretty much that.
I don't have a great deal of faith in the media giving us the facts either.
If it was a leftie that would ruin their narrative.
Desperate measures would be put in effect (i.e.coverup)

Huh??? The guy is under arrest...logic only tells you that media if only they, will have to tell the correct narrative, no matter who likes or dislikes, the bigger picture is the Trump appeal to Americans, fell far short of what is expected in regard to this event. He has to disengage himself from extremists who would embrace him, and extremists actions and philosophy, otherwise he is disengaging himself from the majority of Americans who would have no truck with these extremists, his appeal did not do that.
Now, I could be wrong, but it does appear that today, and yesterday's events violence, came from those who say they are Americans......

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

Frankly ,if you are going anywhere that antifa are likely to be, you'd have to be a fool not to be tooled up. They do have a history of violence against those they don't like, after all.

So anyone who turns up to oppose a group wanting to keep a statue of the leader of an army who's main aim was to continue to enslave other human beings is automatically a member of Antifa now?

Here in England the local EDL (an English Nationalist party) organised a march against Muslims in my home town. Quite a few of us turned up to laugh and jeer at them. Does that make me Antifa?

You're making a huge leap in assuming the anti-protest protest was organised by Antifa. It may have been but you cannot condone turning up wearing home-made riot gear is an acceptable way to organise a march just in case there's a bit of bother.
edit on -05:0006America/Chicago2017817xRAmerica/Chicagob by PheonixReborn because: clarification of EDL

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
I think they're doing a great job of demonizing protests at this point. Every time a major one takes place something like this happens. Not only does it demonize the protests and protesters but it also makes people weary of protesting at all. It's a win/win for those in power.

Hmph, wonder if this were aimed at the protesters themselves what you would have said. I have a feeling it would not be the same response. Maybe, but anyway, there was no reason for this action.

edit on 12-8-2017 by kurthall because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-8-2017 by kurthall because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   

If the events of today were not so tragic it would almost make me laugh.

The group who organised the march to save the statue are being lauded as merely exercising their freedom of speech by some on here.

I'm not sure what the American idea of speech is but here in the UK we tend to think it means talking and not turning up kitted out for a riot.

Am I missing something?

Antifa was showing up.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Odd.

I guess you've missed the White Nationalist (i.e. Nazis) that he continually fails to condemn. Or the number he's hired. Bannon, Gorka, etc.

I'll happily stand against those who fail to condemn Nazis. I'll happily stand against those who chose Nazis to serve in political positions in the White House.

You may cringe. But I shake my head about your failure to condemn those who support and appease White Nationalists and Nazis.

You've either been brainwashed by Trump and his Orange Petunias. Or you simply stand with Nazis.

I know this site has become a haven for such opinions. But history has already judged those who choose to side with Nazis.
edit on 12-8-2017 by Moresby because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join