It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea says nearly 3.5 million volunteer for People's Army as tensions rise

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I'm just hoping North Koreans will wake up because of their new nuclear weapon and realize there's nothing to fight over and instead we should all be friendly towards eachother. Have trade wars, science and education and try to win that one for everyone's benefit. But they're going another direction, I just hope it will not turn into an all out war with China being their ally who would use the oppertunity to claim islands in the south sea and maybe other Asian countries. Worst case scenario would be if Russia would take the oppertunity to ally them and invade European countries. But that is just me being paranoid.

I pray for change for the better.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

originally posted by: pirhanna

originally posted by: pavil
a reply to: Sapphire

....if they only had uniforms, food, rifles and bullets for all of them......

The average North Korean is going to be shocked at the amount of food they will soon be getting with liberation. They will probably elect Trump Great Leader for life.

Armies that cant eat, cant fight, and thats a real issue for NK.

Look how fast the Iraqis were surrendering after getting their heads bombed for a few hours straight in the 1st Gulf War. And they were probably getting fed pretty good by North Korean standards.
If this goes down with NK, once "shock and awe Xs 10" hits them, they will be happy to surrender for food.
You can only survive on boiled grass clippings for so long.

Pure hubris. This is a very different situation. If you honestly believe that's how it would occur, then you will be in for a very horrible surprise. Within the first 24 hours, you will see higher casualties of American troops than all of your battles in Iraq and Afghanistan combined, just from the artillery striking your amassed troops on the DMZ alone. Any land invasion of the DPRK will result in a meat grinder for invading troops. US Navy ships will take hits, resulting in mass casualties. Aircraft will be challenged. Not too mention that ROK will take a beating. And this is all in regards to the DPRK standing alone, which will never happen.

It would not take long for the shocking casualty numbers to seriously divide the American population. Protests would turn into riots. I would even wager on Trump taking the fall, only to be replaced by Pentagon officials (ie, the Joint Chiefs of Staff). Trump is really nothing more than the fall guy, tasked with deciding which country to invade next he will face repercussions if he does not commit to one war or another. JFK was shot in the head because he did not follow through with the Bay of Pigs invasion plan.

<< 1  2   >>

join