It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Perhaps the beginning of the beginning of the end of the SJW movement?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: DrunkenMimeMaster

Social Justice is an ideology that wants to use the law to enforce equality of outcomes for all rather than the attainable equal treatment before the law.

Except, attainable equal treatment under the law, as it stands now, is as much a myth as the Golden Fleece. We may say all men are created equal, but as Orwell predicted, we live in a society that says some animals are more equal than others. And our laws, and more importantly, those who enforce said laws, reflect that.

You can never use the law to enforce perfectly equal outcomes for one and all, and if you think about it, the attempt *is* a communist ideology where are all are equally provided for by a centralized government control entity that equally distributes everything to everyone and decides what it appropriate for anyone to have and how much at any one time.

If you cannot use the law to enforce desired behaviour, why then laws that regulate what recreational substance one ingests, (in some states) which days and times certain businesses may be open ('blue laws") or, for that matter, the reverse : why not laws that state which races, creeds, or, more significantly in today's world, which orientations, may seek employment or equality?

Any law that tries to create an equal outcome always ends up disadvantaging some and advantaging others more than intended, creating new victims and new groups who must be hobbled by new laws in the future. It's a never-ending cycle and fool's errand.

Yes, because granting equal rights to African Americans, women a,d the LGBT community took rights away from others. It's not a zero sum game. Giving others rights does not necessarily mean rights will be taken from others.

Instead, we all need simple, clear laws that benefit all no matter their perceived status in life and those laws need to apply the same. If does mean sometimes the rich man is the victim, not the poor man, but that's the way equal treatment works out. It's not about who seems "more deserving" only what the law says.

The law once said African Americans could only use substandard services. The law once said women could not vote or take part in choosing their own destiny. The law once said Native Americans could leave special parcels of land "given" to them. The law once said ( and in some states still does) that what consenting adults do behind closed doors could land them in prison - or worse.

personally, I feel quite a bit of all this is backlash over years, nay decades, of unjust treatment and the current view of "oh, get over it". If safe spaces, new laws and and deeper searching of the American soul - or what there is of it - leads to a better world, so be it.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: DrunkenMimeMaster

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: MetalChickAmy
a reply to: seasonal

The only way I see the SJW movement ending is with all straight cis white males, and their sympathisers, in concentration camps.

Don't be absurd. The only thing SJWs are campaigning for is equality, for women and non-white people and LGBT people to be on an even footing with straight white males.

Sure, to straight white males this looks pretty threatening, but it's daft to claim they want to put them in concentration camps.

They just want equality.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

Did you watch the video in the thread.

How about fighting to have the professor not use his hands when he talks. That a plank in the SJW's platform?

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   
The "SJW movement" was never very large to begin with. The right-wing side of the aisle likes to make it seem like they are a much bigger group then they are to keep the hate going.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

Looks large enough in the video to cause some pretty serious problems.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrunkenMimeMaster
a reply to: pirhanna

oh sweet mother of FSM....I was wondering how long it would take for the "godless Commies" line to hit. Personally, I understand these kids, probably far better than one my age should. I also find the term "SJW" to be rather pejorative and demeaning, much like "snowflake", "cracker" or the dreaded n word. Like those, it is meant to divide, demean and belittle. Rather than flinging condescension and smugness, wouldn't it be a better use of energy to actually a.) talk, and b.) look past the histrionic nonsense on both sides and work to improve things? Or are we just content to sit back and laugh?

I actually dont care if anyone is athiest or religious. Thats their business. So, youre not really getting it. Im not christian.

My dislike of sjws comes from ample personal experience, and it is a fact that "social justice" is a communist concept, created by communism, specifically in china. Youd know that if you were on top of your research game.
edit on 12-8-2017 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Step up to a higher altitude, and observe the root cause to all of this hate and unrest is disrespect.

We live in a time when it is considered ok to disrespect one another, violate others rights , kill and impose self-righteous standards that are based on pure selfishness.

Things are not likely to improve until we get our house in order, so to speak. Disrespect and Compassion have a hard time co-existing.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: MetalChickAmy

The only way I see the SJW movement ending is with all straight cis white males, and their sympathisers, in concentration camps.

They'd star to kill for the title of the most high SJW-est

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna

Except "communism", by and large, is just another label used to divide us up. I look at it much as the same way I view Capitalism, Libertarianism or religion - useless labels that prove no crime, and serve only a perpose to divide. But then, I also dislike arbitrary borders, jingoism and the mad dash for material posessions, so what do I know?

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Hey can you point me to the national organization for "SJW"?

Do they have a website?

I mean, if it's a fully organized movement and everything ...

Sounds to me like you're complaining about ideas you don't like ... would you like to silence them?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join