It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charlottesville VA Stuck Hosting (Arguably) Largest Hate Rally In Decades

page: 55
<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: bknapple32

What does stars or even Trump have to do with this?

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: bknapple32

originally posted by: DBCowboy

a reply to: DBCowboy

They didn't kill anyone. So...

So they get excused for all their violence because they didn't kill someone today.

No. But the fact your focus is on them and not the white supremacist murder is fascinating.

I'm actually able to focus on two things at the same time.

It's my super power, smartass.

Ahhhh I love you so much. Touché touché. I believe you. But others I'm not so sure about. Seems to be a lot of shifting the focus from the pro trump crowd today.

How many times do we have to tell you that Trump supporters doesn't automatically equal white supremacist. Is that really so hard to understand. Some BLM supporters called for white genocide and killing cops. Did you lump them with the other supporters altogether as well or did you seperate them because they had nothing to do with the movement?

link   
James fields was the attacker.

Name released by police.

edit on 12-8-2017 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
a reply to: theantediluvian

Pro white is not a white supremacist movement.

You clearly don't know who these people are, so perhaps you should refrain from reflexively chiming in?

Richard Spencer quotes from Wikiquote:

As Europeans, we are, uniquely, at the center of history.

To be white is to be a creator, an explorer, a conqueror.

The white race is "a race that travels forever on an upward path."

America was, until this last generation, a white country designed for ourselves and our posterity. It is our creation, it is our inheritance, and it belongs to us.

The ideal I advocate is the creation of a White Ethno-State on the North American continent.

For us, it is conquer or die. This is a unique burden for the white man, that our fate is entirely in our hands.

Today, in the public imagination, “ethnic-cleansing” has been associated with civil war and mass murder (understandably so). But this need not be the case. 1919 is a real example of successful ethnic redistribution—done by fiat, we should remember, but done peacefully.

How about one from Matthew Heimbach?

Those who promote miscegenation, usury, or any other forms of racial suicide should be sent to re-education centers, not tolerated.

– “I Hate Freedom,” Traditionalist Youth Network, July 7, 2013

link   
a reply to: face23785

You know, I really tried to move on from the obnoxious levels of absurdity and ignorance that are evidenced with every post you make. I even tried to provide some useful information that you're obviously unaware of.

You seem to think that merely because you disagree with someone, they're either wrong, lying or both. That's all you say in post after post here, aside from trying to argue the most blatantly silly things like "white nationalism is merely nationalism by white people."

You are not the topic here, but the rank asinine nature of your "arguments" most certainly is.

The White Nationalist movement in America is intimately coupled with white supremacy (and Christian Identity, but for godssakes let's not go there because I'm sure to you that's just Christians with identities.)

You don't seem to comprehend that there is apparently a lot you JUST DON'T KNOW, and yet, you want to criticize others because they try to point that out to you.

Stop reacting for five seconds and listen to what people are saying to you.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Charges have been filed according to The Washington Post.

A 32-year-old woman was killed, according to police, who said they were investigating the crash as a criminal homicide. The driver of the Challenger was taken into custody and charges were pending, said Al Thomas, the Charlottesville police chief.

The car is registered to 20-year-old James Alex Fields of Ohio, according to vehicle registration records reviewed by The Washington Post. Albemarle-Charlottesville Regional Jail Superintendent Martin Kumer told The Post that a man with the same name and age was booked Saturday on suspicion of second-degree murder, malicious wounding, failure to stop for an accident involving a death, and hit and run. Kumer said Fields is being held without bail.

Source
edit on 12-8-2017 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

So they get excused for all their violence because they didn't kill someone today.

No. But the fact your focus is on them and not the white supremacist murder is fascinating.

Ahhhh I love you so much. Touché touché. I believe you. But others I'm not so sure about. Seems to be a lot of shifting the focus from the pro trump crowd today.

How many times do we have to tell you that Trump supporters doesn't automatically equal white supremacist. Is that really so hard to understand. Some BLM supporters called for white genocide and killing cops. Did you lump them with the other supporters altogether as well or did you seperate them because they had nothing to do with the movement?

Careful, you'll just get accused of making a strawman. Don't point factual stuff like that out.

link   

Did I say any of what you just said. No. I said trump supporters are shifting the focus from James fields to Antifa bottle throwers. And at first, were trying to claim this was never a white supremacist rally.

I speak facts, sir.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Considering he made up what I said. No facts at all. I never said all trump supporters were supremacists.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Perhaps that user would be accused of it ... because it is a strawman argument.

NO ONE here has said that all Trump supporters are White Supremacists.

To make that claim is to frankly lie.

However, in the words of David Duke, former KKK leader, who spoke at the Putsch today ... the White Supremacist/Nationalist movement does support Trump and his policies.

Can you detect the difference?

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   
So it wasn't one of the supremacists after all?

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

You're in control of your own actions. Maybe you should get off your high horse and go back and read my first post on the subject. If anybody needs to slow down and listen here, that would be you. All of you have been reacting to # I didn't even say. You interpreted what I said in a certain way based on your worldview and you've been responding to that. Read to comprehend.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Perhaps that user would be accused of it ... because it is a strawman argument.

NO ONE here has said that all Trump supporters are White Supremacists.

To make that claim is to frankly lie.

However, in the words of David Duke, former KKK leader, who spoke at the Putsch today ... the White Supremacist/Nationalist movement does support Trump and his policies.

Can you detect the difference?

Whoa, whoa, he didn't even mention David Duke. How dare you bring up something that wasn't even referenced in his post. Straw man straw man! Deflection!

Can we grow up now? It's totally up to you.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
To those who think the statue of Robert E. Lee should be removed I guess you would have preferred the Union armies had burned down Charlottesville like they did Lexington and Richmond ?

I don't even see how it's in our domain to remove such statues as they were paid for and erected by past generations - they aren't "ours" to do anything with.

To remove a statue of Lee to White Southerners is the equivalent of taking down a statue of MLK would be to Blacks.

He's held in high regard for very good reasons, most having nothing to do with the Civil War at all.

Lee is a tough case because he was pivotal in the revolutionary war but yes we should not glorify confederate soldiers. If the plack explains that we no longer have these views as a nation or that it was a dark time in history whatever then fine keep it. When it says things like the 10th amendment protects our white supremacy than maybe take it down.

They are not heroes. They are losers in a rebellion against the federal government who believed they could keep people slaves.

MLK was not for slavery pretty silly example. The only controversial thing about mlk is he wanted blacks to be free.

Most of these southern states have large black populations. Should we have statues of Sherman burning down confederate strong holds?

It's silly. It's a dark time in out history and there are other ways to memorialize the soldiers lost in the battle than creating a war hero out of technically treasonous wealthy land owners.

TextTo remove a statue of Lee to White Southerners is the equivalent of taking down a statue of MLK would be to Blacks.

The dumbest post on this entire thread...how dumb are people?

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   

James fields was the attacker.

Name released by police.

Source please.

link   

Did I say any of what you just said. No. I said trump supporters are shifting the focus from James fields to Antifa bottle throwers. And at first, were trying to claim this was never a white supremacist rally.

I speak facts, sir.

You clearly implied that with your pro Trump comment. It didn't even occured to you that this had nothing to do with Trump.

link   
a reply to: bknapple32

"The pro trump crowd" was a clear generalization of Trump supporters. Just because you didn't use the words "all Trump supporters" doesn't change anything. Get off your bigoted generalized views. Not everyone who has "rationalized" anything today is a Trump supporter.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   

I'm pretty much the way I am at 51. You, however, might have a chance to grow and mature a bit. One can hope.

Perhaps you don't realize that David Duke was at the event today? Or that he made a keynote speech in which he stated that their movement helped put Trump in the White House because they believe he shares their goals? Perhaps you aren't aware of Duke's history in the White Nationalist and White Supremacist movements?

Perhaps you just don't know that much about what you're pretending to?

link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Turn the news on

link   

originally posted by: ImmortalLegend527

originally posted by: luthier

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
To those who think the statue of Robert E. Lee should be removed I guess you would have preferred the Union armies had burned down Charlottesville like they did Lexington and Richmond ?

I don't even see how it's in our domain to remove such statues as they were paid for and erected by past generations - they aren't "ours" to do anything with.

To remove a statue of Lee to White Southerners is the equivalent of taking down a statue of MLK would be to Blacks.

He's held in high regard for very good reasons, most having nothing to do with the Civil War at all.

Lee is a tough case because he was pivotal in the revolutionary war but yes we should not glorify confederate soldiers. If the plack explains that we no longer have these views as a nation or that it was a dark time in history whatever then fine keep it. When it says things like the 10th amendment protects our white supremacy than maybe take it down.

They are not heroes. They are losers in a rebellion against the federal government who believed they could keep people slaves.

MLK was not for slavery pretty silly example. The only controversial thing about mlk is he wanted blacks to be free.

Most of these southern states have large black populations. Should we have statues of Sherman burning down confederate strong holds?

It's silly. It's a dark time in out history and there are other ways to memorialize the soldiers lost in the battle than creating a war hero out of technically treasonous wealthy land owners.

TextTo remove a statue of Lee to White Southerners is the equivalent of taking down a statue of MLK would be to Blacks.

The dumbest post on this entire thread...how dumb are people?

I meant Mexican American war but honestly am recovering from some kidney stones and a bit out of sorts.
edit on 12-8-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join