It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charlottesville VA Stuck Hosting (Arguably) Largest Hate Rally In Decades

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

I keep my balls where they always are. The devils advocate? That's a whole load of hooey.

You're conflating every Confederate emblem with racism and acceptance of slavery. Oh, now it's "some" statues are inappropriate? Which ones? The one's that you personally disapprove of?

You haven't been clarifying, you've been trying to dance around and put words in my mouth that promote your argument.

If I were sniping, you'd be a lot more irritated.

So wait, you're leaving in the same post you whine about me running away?

You're a hoot.

link   
Peaceful protest?

Bahahahahahahah the cult of #alternativefacts strikes again

There's a reason this hadn't been posted, OP. There's no outrage to be found when alt-right Neo-Nazi's (they organized to wear polos with swastikas, such class) gather to do their bidding.

And peaceful protests?

HahahahahahahahahahahHahaha.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHH

That's what you consider peaceful?!?!?! I thought you guys were against violent extremists? Or is it only a problem when it's the left?

link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy

originally posted by: underwerks
If this was really about the statue, and history, and not the racial implications, they would label their actions as protecting American heritage instead of labeling it "white heritage".

Racists make themselves pretty obvious if you take the time to listen.

Racism is about discriminating against other races, not about celebrating your own race. If that were the case, then all the Mexican Americans waiving the Mexican flag and celebrating their Mexican heritage are racists.

But aren't the statues part of all our history? That's what people keep saying in defense of things like this.

So why label it as "white heritage" when it's all our heritage? Unless they are intentionally adding a racial aspect for their own reasons..

And Mexican isn't a race.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: skyturnedgrey

People are so ####ing stupid.

Too much prosperity. Elect a Dem and that will change pronto.

link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

Perhaps the problem is that some white supremacists don't hold up pictures of the Mona Lisa or books by Shakespeare ... they hold up swastikas and portraits of A. Hitler.

That might have something to do with it.

No, it has nothing to do with it, at least nothing to do with what I was talking about. Celebrating, or protecting your own heritage, isn't racist.

And I agree. So why not use the symbols of Western culture rather than those of a racist, warmongering, murderous political party in Germany?

link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

a reply to: Asktheanimals

Only when they're denying the history and culture of others ...

Like the japanese? They out right banned Islam from their country. Now guess how many people are offended by it. It's only a problem if whites do it. Yeah nothing hypocritical about this.

That's an utterly muddled argument. The Japanese have nothing to do with what's going on in Charlotte.

No one here has ever said "it's only a problem if Whites do it" except those whining to justify more racism.

So you're implying only Whites can be racist. Ok.

Get a new argument.

You first.

link   
a reply to: underwerks

Mexican is a cultural identity though.

/shrug

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Atlanta still has reenactments of the taking of Atlanta by Sherman. The Cyclorama is a visual sculpture, very famous in the south, telling the story with a moving pictorial sculpture, very southern biased. The south does still memorialize those severe losses in the south. Obviously, you don't see many African Americans attending either of these but there are no protests or racial issues; they respect that it's history-a very sad one but it happened none the less. In the deep south, both blacks and white suffered tremendously.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   

If this was really about the statue, and history, and not the racial implications, they would label their actions as protecting American heritage instead of labeling it "white heritage".

Racists make themselves pretty obvious if you take the time to listen.

Racism is about discriminating against other races, not about celebrating your own race. If that were the case, then all the Mexican Americans waiving the Mexican flag and celebrating their Mexican heritage are racists.

But aren't the statues part of all our history? That's what people keep saying in defense of things like this.

So why label it as "white heritage" when it's all our heritage? Unless they are intentionally adding a racial aspect for their own reasons..

And Mexican isn't a race.

Aren't African-American's contributions part of all of our history? Yet we have Black History Month. Why label it Black History Month, if it is all of our history?

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks
I have been watching it live for about an hour through Ruptly. The only hate I see is coming from the counter demonstrators. Nobody has said anything about Jews.

I saw a few fun fights go down. The police is in the process of disbanding it now, but there are too many people in the streets.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justso

Atlanta still has reenactments of the taking of Atlanta by Sherman. The Cyclorama is a visual sculpture, very famous in the south, telling the story with a moving pictorial sculpture, very southern biased. The south does still memorialize those severe losses in the south. Obviously, you don't see many African Americans attending either of these but there are no protests or racial issues; they respect that it's history-a very sad one but it happened none the less. In the deep south, both blacks and white suffered tremendously.

I'm not sure since it moved to the Atlanta History Center, but when it was at Grant Park, I saw plenty of Blacks at the Cyclorama.

Again, anecdotal evidence. By and large though, with some notable exceptions, race relations in Atlanta are usually on an even keel.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Lol nice try bud.

How about ones that are talking about white supremacy? Or ones that glorify that aspect of the civil war. How about the ones they put up specifically in protest of civil rights?

Honestly I could care less I just think it's ignorant.

Sure you can put a swastika on the sidea of your house and say it's your right and a symbol of Hindu spirituality. But your still a jerk for doing it.

Oh well go ahead and pretend that all these states are there to memorialize there ancestors. The political aspect says differently, particularly dependant on when and why they were erected and how the public feels about them.
edit on 12-8-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

link   

Perhaps the problem is that some white supremacists don't hold up pictures of the Mona Lisa or books by Shakespeare ... they hold up swastikas and portraits of A. Hitler.

No, it has nothing to do with it, at least nothing to do with what I was talking about. Celebrating, or protecting your own heritage, isn't racist.

And I agree. So why not use the symbols of Western culture rather than those of a racist, warmongering, murderous political party in Germany?

The people who use those symbols probably are racist. Celebrating your European heritage isn't though. Personally I think celebrating any heritage is stupid, I'm a modern day American, whatever Euro lineage I had is pretty irrelevant to me.

link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

It was very peaceful. Getting pepper sprayed by idiots and having things thrown at them will elicit a defensive response. Don star noting won't be nothing. Virtually every initial act of violence I saw was started by liberal counter demonstrators. I guess you are laughing in joy that the truth of liberals starting the violence was proven by simply watching the live stream??

link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire
Peaceful protest?

Bahahahahahahah the cult of #alternativefacts strikes again

There's a reason this hadn't been posted, OP. There's no outrage to be found when alt-right Neo-Nazi's (they organized to wear polos with swastikas, such class) gather to do their bidding.

And peaceful protests?

HahahahahahahahahahahHahaha.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHH

That's what you consider peaceful?!?!?! I thought you guys were against violent extremists? Or is it only a problem when it's the left?

No property damage and as far as i know nobody got seriously beaten up. You're telling me that torches are now considered violent?

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justso

Still don't get your point.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

Lol nice try bud.

How about ones that are talking about white supremacy? Or stayed that glorify that aspect of the civil war. How about the ones they put up specifically in protest of civil rights?

Honestly I could care less I just think it's ignorant.

Sure you can put a swastika on the sidea of your house and say it's your right and a symbol of Hindu spirituality. But your still a jerk for doing it.

Oh well go ahead and pretend that all these states are there to memorialize there ancestors. The political aspect says differently, particularly dependant on when and why they were erected and how the public feels about them.

Are those the one's on your personal list? Well, get active and do something about it. You have a problem with the statues, and you're assigning your reaction to others, mostly in this case Blacks.

YOU ARE THE ONE that made gross generalizations about Confederates and the Civil War. You got corrected, and now you're projecting.

Seems like you need to reign in your ego and let folks have their own feelings about what bothers them and what doesn't.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I don't know I think if I saw a bunch of people most not from my town, walking down the street with torches yelling "this is our town now!!" and I watched a video where they were actually shouting this..
wouldn't matter where my political leanings laid, I'd want them out of my town!!

it doesn't look like this is going too well by the way....

there was an article in my local paper where the governor was warning people to just stay away this morning.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   

The people who use those symbols probably are racist. Celebrating your European heritage isn't though. Personally I think celebrating any heritage is stupid, I'm a modern day American, whatever Euro lineage I had is pretty irrelevant to me.

Oddly, we were patient with each other and dug down to our common ground.

I agree completely with your statement.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   

I don't feel I have been corrected one bit other than
The Mexican war slip.

Lol yur really angry now huh.

Did you know they erected some of these statues and started flying the flag after Jim crow laws were coming down.

So you tell me who changed the meaning.

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join