It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charlottesville VA Stuck Hosting (Arguably) Largest Hate Rally In Decades

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Yeah watching the footage I don't see how anyone could defend this terrorist.
People throwing stuff at his car before~???/ like that is an excuse to mow into a crowd. Pfft.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   
what a tawdry spectacle. humanity is an epic fail. everyone hates everyone else.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz5

Nice try for the above-it-all angle, fellow worthless human.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

I think these Nazis might be more outspoken, but they are a very tiny % of people, and I don't foresee them gaining any strength after today.

That's because you're not paying attention.

Actually I am. The biggest white supremacist rally in decades and it was pitifully small. These people have no power, and no support from the American populace.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: RoScoLaz5
what a tawdry spectacle. humanity is an epic fail. everyone hates everyone else.

It's not true but people have been plugged into narratives without realizing.

Divide and conquer is a strategy. Unfortunately few realize it's taking place.

link   
a reply to: luthier

Oh, I am paying attention. To both sides. I am very surprised that it has taken this long for someone to be killed during a march. It is very sad but it was something that was inevitable.

link   
But I will remind everyone this guy who did this is in the minority even (I hope and think) in the nazi community (spits) just like the terrorists in other groups we should not paint them all with the same brush.
Most want to protest and get their voice heard peacefully.
We are just animals tbh....trying to keep my spirits up but at the moment....world you are making it hard
edit on 12-8-2017 by testingtesting because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: joshysway

I see a guy driving on a PUBLIC street with people throwing things at his car BEFORE anything happened. Then he tried to 'escape' because of all the people attacking him.

Planned terror attack...

He took the plates off of the car.
Does that change anything for you?

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   

yea id rather stop and take a couple lumps rather running someone over

forgot about lumps in a month

running someone over

id dream about that every night for the rest of my life

link   
a reply to: matafuchs
I missed it.

I viewed it several times, but I didn't see anyone throw anything at the car until he went zooming past the pedestrians putting them in danger.

After he blew through the pedestrians at such a high rate of speed, they became angry and threw things at his car, but it looked like his goal was to wipe out anyone that was in the street.

link   
a reply to: TheOneElectric

Because you can't.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy

I think these Nazis might be more outspoken, but they are a very tiny % of people, and I don't foresee them gaining any strength after today.

Actually I am. The biggest white supremacist rally in decades and it was pitifully small. These people have no power, and no support from the American populace.

It's pretty debatable based on Steve Bannon.

Let's also not pssyfoot around the guy is a media moGul. He may not even believe the stuff bit he understands the public reaction.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: homers1226

yea id rather stop and take a couple lumps rather running someone over

forgot about lumps in a month

running someone over

id dream about that every night for the rest of my life

Even if your life was on the line?

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   
If we get anything from today, that can be done right away, is removal of the second place Confederate trophies around the country still there.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: 11andrew34

Charlottesville is liberal right? Did you guys overwhelmingly vote for clinton?

Why would they allow this?

It's called poisoning the well. They sought to discredit the opposition to changing the name of the park and removing the Lee statue by equating support for keeping things the way they were with Nazism/the kkk/white supremacy/etc.

Clearly, it became way more than they bargained for and frankly, it was predictable. Things have not exactly been all hunky dory since Trump was elected. Allowing something like this to happen at this time was inexcusable, and now somebody has even died as a result of their incompetence and negligence.

And yes, the city is liberal, but the local counties less so overall, even Albemarle county which immediately surrounds Charlottesville city. All around it is rural and still conservative overall. Great example...Louisa County is just a bit to the east and has a portrait of R.E. Lee in the courthouse and there has been zero talk of removing it. And there's a typical city/county split where lots of people do not live in the city, but work there or in the nearby parts of the surrounding county (Albemarle). Everybody in Central Virginia drives an hour to go anywhere and do anything. It's not until you get somewhat north of Culpepper that the state becomes 'nova' aka NoVa, which is heavily liberal and now has even become very international in character, but the nova/D.C. sprawl is creeping closer year by year.

Until recently, Cville was a small college town, and a pretty clean and nice one at that. Over the past decade, Washington D.C. boomed while the rest of the country suffered, and Virginia has been changing rapidly as a result. Charlottesville itself is struggling with rapid growth.

Perhaps that had something to do with why they felt now was a good time to do something like rename old parks etc, and I think it's surely why they handled this whole thing like a bunch of small town fools. The City is run by people who have been there since the 70s when it was all so much smaller. This should be a wake up call that the scale of their city has changed.
edit on 12-8-2017 by 11andrew34 because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: homers1226

Yes in Virginia they're called tags.

link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: luthier

Oh, I am paying attention. To both sides. I am very surprised that it has taken this long for someone to be killed during a march. It is very sad but it was something that was inevitable.

So am I. I have voted libertarian for decades somewhat in protest. Divide and conquer.

There is no better side. You seem to side with conservatives but theyay be the biggest liars. At least liberals don't pretend to be conservative.

link   
a reply to: joshysway

>second place

Participation Trophies.

No more snowflakes, no more participation trophies, no more honoring traitors.

link   

originally posted by: luthier

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy

It's pretty debatable based on Steve Bannon.

Bannon is a Nationalist, not a white supremacist, big difference. I myself am a Nationalist, but certainly not a white supremacist, hell Asians are more successful in America than whites.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
But I will remind everyone this guy who did this is in the minority even (I hope and think) in the nazi community (spits) just like the terrorists in other groups we should not paint them all with the same brush.
Most want to protest and get their voice heard peacefully.
We are just animals tbh....trying to keep my spirits up but at the moment....world you are making it hard

That's true. This guy doesn't even represent all Nazi/White Nationalist scum. People really need to digest this point and start thinking rationally rather than adopting group hate.

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join