It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charlottesville VA Stuck Hosting (Arguably) Largest Hate Rally In Decades

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

originally posted by: underwerks
Prove it.

You didn't even bothered to check if the MSM reported the truth and just rolled with it.

I actually read several articles before commenting.

Late Friday night, several hundred torch-bearing men and women marched on the main quadrangle of the University of Virginia’s grounds, shouting, “You will not replace us,” and “Jew will not replace us.”

Link

I'd love to see your sources. If you have any that aren't just /pol screeching.

I know that's wishful thinking.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: UnBreakable
a reply to: skyturnedgrey

Funny the left squawks about this, when Black Lives matter holds rallies excluding whites.

So, two wrongs make a right?

I prefer peaceful protests over riots and hurting innocent civilians. Yeah i'm such a monster. Seriously that's all you can come up with?

My god come down off the cross. Most of us prefer peaceful protests. Most of us do not support political violence from any group.

Who's even talking to you? Do you take everything you read in a public forum personally?

To clarify my position: political violence is always wrong. Black, white, gay, straight, conservative, liberal, any other false dichotomy that tickles your fancy.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

That’s because the Left has an agenda, truth be damned...

+16 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Took me 5 seconds to find a source without the bull# jew line. Just for you it's a news channel you surely believe.

white-nationalist -leads-torch-bearing-protesters-against-removal-confederate-statue

I wonder how egyptians would react if we would tell them to get rid of the pyramids because slaves build them and they are a sign of oppression.

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   
To those who think the statue of Robert E. Lee should be removed I guess you would have preferred the Union armies had burned down Charlottesville like they did Lexington and Richmond ?

I don't even see how it's in our domain to remove such statues as they were paid for and erected by past generations - they aren't "ours" to do anything with.

To remove a statue of Lee to White Southerners is the equivalent of taking down a statue of MLK would be to Blacks.

He's held in high regard for very good reasons, most having nothing to do with the Civil War at all.

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Last I checked, peaceful gatherings are allowed in this country. If it turns violent, you can thank the peaceful left for instigating it, book it. But of course the leftist media in this country will only focus on any forceful response from the right.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Another wrong assumption on your part. I hate religion with a passion but hey stereotyping is fun i guess.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Another wrong assumption on your part. I hate religion with a passion but hey stereotyping is fun i guess.

Wow.

You do you, boo.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Took me 5 seconds to find a source without the bull# jew line. Just for you it's a news channel you surely believe.

white-nationalist -leads-torch-bearing-protesters-against-removal-confederate-statue

I wonder how egyptians would react if we would tell them to get rid of the pyramids because slaves build them and they are a sign of oppression.

Ahh, so because it doesn't mention it in that article it wasn't said?

Seriously? That's your proof?

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

I personally do not believe that statues should be taken down.

I also do not believe that we get any closer to being able to live together productively when we split into arbitrary groups.

Lee is important in Southern history, sure. To make him an icon of White people? That seems a bit dramatic to me.

YMMV.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   

edit on 12-8-2017 by knoxie because: wrong tread

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
To those who think the statue of Robert E. Lee should be removed I guess you would have preferred the Union armies had burned down Charlottesville like they did Lexington and Richmond ?

I don't even see how it's in our domain to remove such statues as they were paid for and erected by past generations - they aren't "ours" to do anything with.

To remove a statue of Lee to White Southerners is the equivalent of taking down a statue of MLK would be to Blacks.

He's held in high regard for very good reasons, most having nothing to do with the Civil War at all.

Lee is a tough case because he was pivotal in the revolutionary war but yes we should not glorify confederate soldiers. If the plack explains that we no longer have these views as a nation or that it was a dark time in history whatever then fine keep it. When it says things like the 10th amendment protects our white supremacy than maybe take it down.

They are not heroes. They are losers in a rebellion against the federal government who believed they could keep people slaves.

MLK was not for slavery pretty silly example. The only controversial thing about mlk is he wanted blacks to be free.

Most of these southern states have large black populations. Should we have statues of Sherman burning down confederate strong holds?

It's silly. It's a dark time in out history and there are other ways to memorialize the soldiers lost in the battle than creating a war hero out of technically treasonous wealthy land owners.
edit on 12-8-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Er, uh ... Civil War. Not Revolutionary.

Also, some of my relatives were Confederates; I'll honor them as I choose regardless of whether I disagree with their politics or not.

Also, the Civil War was not "about slavery," and supporting one's heritage is not necessarily automatically racist.

edit on 12-8-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Oh look Antifa is already calling to dox all the peaceful protesters so they lose their jobs. Nothing better like ruining a persons life to signal virtue. They are truly paragons in that regard. Why am i not surprised...

link   
My family is huge and it can be best described as more of a Heinz 67 than a Heinz 57, so I have no love for any racist organization, and the KKK are at the top of the list, but I have no problem with them protesting the removal of the statues. I have family in Charlottesville, they love the area and have not had any untoward instances, to date.

The only problem I have with people that go out to protest in huge numbers for irrelevant, manufactured, bull crap, is that they are no where to be found when it comes time to fight for those issues that affect our lives, our children, and our future.

Those statutes being removed as a ruse for racial unity, is ridiculously stupid. You don't correct the past, you learn from it. Those statues may be revered by some but they are important reminders of when and how we made mistakes, that we don't want to repeat.

Both sides are being ignorant and they are being used.

link   

I meant Mexican American war and he was a union army soldier prior. But yes thank you.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Well it proves that the MSM is not interested in the truth otherwise every news outlet would report the same exact thing.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   

with around an 80% vote for Hillary during the election,

Karma is a Hillary.

No other group has done more to increase the racial tension in this country than the Left and the MSM and NO I don't think any higher of the leaders in the right.

However, the race-baiting tactics and strategy from the Left and MSM has gone full retard and is causing more tension and hate than good.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   

If it wasn't about slavery then they should have freed the slaves and the public wouldn't have gone along with the union.

I think you mean it wasn't all about slavery.

I guses. I have never been blindly loyal to anything so I have the ability to know when my ancestors were wrong.

Eta there are also very small amount of people who can actually trace themselves back to this history. Probably an equal amount pretending they have heritage because they were born in the south.
edit on 12-8-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   

The BBC's 2 pence worth if it's to be believed ...

www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-40912509

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join