It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charlottesville VA Stuck Hosting (Arguably) Largest Hate Rally In Decades

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: luthier

a reply to: DBCowboy

That isn't the same thing DC.

If I knew you were intimidated by the color pink and I purposely targeted you that isn't the same thing.

There are also legal definitions for intimidation beyond the eye of the beholder.

Please.

Just look at our regular elections.

If you vote for Trump, people will die!

If you vote for Hillary, people will die!

That kind of behavior happens every 2 years n the US.

And people also get sued quite frequently

That's a civil matter.

People say worse on ATS.

Just look at this thread.

I defend free speech and people are intimating that I'm a Nazi.

It's a form of intimidation in order to gain on an argument or to silence me simply because I support free speech.

Yeah, and I'm not a Nazi and don't support Nazism and that makes me a Nazi

Clowns

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

originally posted by: Sillyolme

originally posted by: XAnarchistX
Imagine being so spooked you defend a Nazi's "Rights"
replace the word Nazi with human and you'll be on the right track. No one is praising their lifestyle or beliefs but they have just as much right to their beliefs as anyone.
What they don't have a right to and what no one is supporting is them forcing their beliefs violently on others or others protesting violently against them.

Human rights by their very nature are for all humans.

Right because Nazi's absolutely honored the rights of the 10+ million they murdered

Political correctness gone absolute mad

Soviets killed more, do we ban communists?

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Ive been called a nazi twice in this thread for saying Nazis arent american nor deserve american rights

Is what it is.

Mean while NAZIS are emulating ISIS and running people over

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justso
a reply to: luthier

Atlanta still has reenactments of the taking of Atlanta by Sherman. The Cyclorama is a visual sculpture, very famous in the south, telling the story with a moving pictorial sculpture, very southern biased. The south does still memorialize those severe losses in the south. Obviously, you don't see many African Americans attending either of these but there are no protests or racial issues; they respect that it's history-a very sad one but it happened none the less. In the deep south, both blacks and white suffered tremendously.

You left our Sherman's grand finale of burning Atlanta to the ground, followed by Columbia, SC.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

That isn't the same thing DC.

If I knew you were intimidated by the color pink and I purposely targeted you that isn't the same thing.

There are also legal definitions for intimidation beyond the eye of the beholder.

Please.

Just look at our regular elections.

If you vote for Trump, people will die!

If you vote for Hillary, people will die!

That kind of behavior happens every 2 years n the US.

And people also get sued quite frequently

That's a civil matter.

People say worse on ATS.

Just look at this thread.

I defend free speech and people are intimating that I'm a Nazi.

It's a form of intimidation in order to gain on an argument or to silence me simply because I support free speech.

That is different then an organization with goals and behaviour patterns and paper trails.

I think your confusing the situations.

Also if it was his right he can't be sued with a civil suit and win. This is when speech becomes harassment etc. The ginger hater from ginger haters r us is now harassing and can not use the 1st amend as a defense.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: bknapple32

Mean while NAZIS are emulating ISIS and running people over

That's illegal.

I don't see anyone defending that.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   

If a BLM protester ran down a group of counter protesters with a car. There would be an uproar so large ATS' servers would break

So far youre the only person to even address the tragedy here

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

So the Nazis of today played a role on those 10 million?

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: skyturnedgrey

I think it is kind of odd that our last president was African American and we had BLM and the right was bitc#ing about how he sided with the alt left. This seemed to start the divide or at least enlarge it more than it was. Now we have a white president and the left is bitc#ing how he is siding with the alt right. Now the divide is even greater. I really don't think this is a coincidence. TPTB are sitting in their lounges and watching their puppets at work saying...........I love it when a plan comes together.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

originally posted by: Sillyolme

replace the word Nazi with human and you'll be on the right track. No one is praising their lifestyle or beliefs but they have just as much right to their beliefs as anyone.
What they don't have a right to and what no one is supporting is them forcing their beliefs violently on others or others protesting violently against them.

Human rights by their very nature are for all humans.

Right because Nazi's absolutely honored the rights of the 10+ million they murdered

Political correctness gone absolute mad

Communists have killed millions. Muslims have killed millions. Should we take away their rights as well?

link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
a reply to: RomeByFire

So the Nazis of today played a role on those 10 million?

Wow.

WOW

I dont even know how to respond. Do you accept the fact that they support the actions of the past?

link   
Some early response from the President

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: bknapple32

If a BLM protester ran down a group of counter protesters with a car. There would be an uproar so large ATS' servers would break

So far youre the only person to even address the tragedy here

This is true.

However I understand why you would be called a Nazi for wanting to control speech without very strict guidelines. Not that you are but why you would be called one.

Standing up for free speech is as anti Nazi as you get. It's up to the opposition to let them show how stupid they are by letting them be themselves.

And learn self defence and marksmanship just in case they don't like to be exposed.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Some early response from the President

Thank god. Best words I have heard yet from Mr.President.

link   

Imagine being so intellectually small that you have to reduce defending the rights of anybody, including those one disagrees with, to simple little sound-bites like "muh constitution" and "you're just scared."

Seems to me that if anybody is scared, it's those of you who are so terrified of others' viewpoints that you'd rather see them silenced entirely, all while claiming to be a proponent of the most free society imaginable.

link   
a reply to: luthier

Heres what they arent getting. I dont view NAZIS as americans. Thus not subject to the constitution

Much like ISIS members

link   
A car has hit at least five pedestrians right at the downtown mall where a lot of this is happening. Sounds less like intentional violence though and more like careless driver not paying attention, but it was still right in the midst of protestors. The downtown mall is a pedestrian outdoor shopping and dining area, but has cut throughs for cars at a few points.

EDIT TO ADD: Well never mind, so much for un-intentional. Witnesses are saying it was quite deliberate.
edit on 12-8-2017 by skyturnedgrey because: Facts Now Available

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
What makes it a White Supremacist rally?
Because it's the political right?

This rally is just the "shiny object" of the day. I turned it on, saw the usual hyperbole, and went elsewhere.

If President Trump puts out a statement, I hope he points out that ObamaCare is causing more than 200,000 Virginia individuals and families to be kicked off their Blue Cross Health Insurance at the end of this year. That is FAR more serious and impactful.

"If you like your plan, you can keep your plan!" - Liar In Chief

edit on 8/12/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: bknapple32

twitter.com...

We'll see

link   
If there was an ISIS rally to promote their use of chopping off the heads of Christians... What would ya'll think?

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join