It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charlottesville VA Stuck Hosting (Arguably) Largest Hate Rally In Decades

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

I think the disconnect is actually simple. And not hate filled here.

I see a Nazi rally, and I dont see the short term one event. I see a movement. I see the first step in a path to incite violence against non whites. So I dont see an innocent rally. Isee the beginnings of the KKK taking their hoods off. So maybe im a bit more emotional on the topic than you or others are. But try and look at it from my cynical, I dont trust it- view.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Can I hold a rally in public for my group that is planning on race riots? If my rhetoric is come help me plan a racial riot?

Is that free speech?

Does free speech have any limits?

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: UKTruth

it may be their right, but well...
I am pretty sure you can relate with the idea that people doing such things should be surprised if the native folks come in force to move them along out of their town?? as far as I am concerned the cops and national guard should have been out in force moving all those not from the area or who have no reason to be there outside to demostrate onto busses and dropping them at the city line!!
what monuments they have in their city parks is of no concern to someone living anywhere else anyways!! and it was the city council that decided to remove the monument, the elected representives of the people of the city!

That sounds a bit fascist to me... my own position is not to side with either of these groups.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   

We can agree on that. Im against the ANTIFA's and anyone stopping the nazi rally with violence.

I was hoping there would be handshakes and common ground instead of bottles being thrown. But that wasnt possible.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   

No but we are coming to get you n word would not be protected probably.

Or help me hold a rally to plan race riots.

It's a weird catch 22 because the purpose of these groups is human subjegatuon. If they were allowed to carry out the ideas they would be illegal.

Really just thinking out loud during the last part don't mean anything strongly by it

link   
a reply to: bknapple32

So you mean you want to censor them based on your feelings and projections?

link   

the only group they would be siding with would be the local residents!!

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

Can I hold a rally in public for my group that is planning on race riots? If my rhetoric is come help me plan a racial riot?

Is that free speech?

Can you hold a rally to plan the murder of Gingers?

I think the answer would be no.

Can you hold a rally for an ideology that thinks red-heads should be kept as slaves?

Yes.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: bknapple32

I see a Nazi rally, and I dont see the short term one event. I see a movement. I see the first step in a path to incite violence against non whites. So I dont see an innocent rally. Isee the beginnings of the KKK taking their hoods off. So maybe im a bit more emotional on the topic than you or others are. But try and look at it from my cynical, I dont trust it- view.

I see the same thing in the Antifa/BLM/Resistance movement. I still think they deserve their rights though.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

The police shut it down because of violence . From both sides I'll point out.
I am all for the first amendment.
I'm against violence especially if it's just because someone holds a different viewpoint than you.

link   

link   

Ok- I tried. You dont want a discourse. I tried to explain the point of view. And you ignored and kept the same argument again.

Free speech has ends to it. Safety and security to the community. The very rally itself incites violence based on it being organized BY NAZIS. And the police agreed in the end.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Is that free speech?

Can you hold a rally for an ideology that thinks red-heads should be kept as slaves?

Yes.

Now we are getting some where good post.

Can you hold a rally to purposely intimidate gingers in ginger land?

Again just making food for thought not proclaiming anything.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   

I was hoping there would be handshakes and common ground instead of bottles being thrown. But that wasnt possible.

Man that would be nice.
Don't get me wrong - it would be hard not to take some pleasure in a group of Nazi's getting the **** kicked out of them, or the groups of far left rioters we have seen... but short term gratification is a small win when weighed against the implications for freedom.

link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy

I see the same thing in the Antifa/BLM/Resistance movement. I still think they deserve their rights though.

Not if their point of view for a rally is the end of the white race. Safety to the community comes into play.

link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

It's tough but every group has a group that doesn't like em.
People are people.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Interesting debate. I think we could get somewhere with those parameters. You should start a thread on it. Would love to have some reasonable debate on it

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Holy crap man. It happened again.

They're gonna declare today a holiday in the UK and USA

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   
7:30 mark

Defend their rights apologist

www.pscp.tv...

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Is that free speech?

Yes.

Now we are getting some where good post.

Can you hold a rally to purposely intimidate gingers in ginger land?

Again just making food for thought not proclaiming anything.

Yes.

Because just the existence isn't a cause for intimidation.

If the speech predicates an immediate action, "I am going to kill you" then that is not free speech.

If the speech is "I wish you were dead" then that would be free speech. Intimidation is in the mind of the beholder.

I may be intimidated by the color pink. So we should make Women Marches illegal because I get intimidated by those weird pink hats?

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join