It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charlottesville VA Stuck Hosting (Arguably) Largest Hate Rally In Decades

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
a reply to: bknapple32

You seem to have trouble understanding what I'm alluding to. Probably on purpose.

Block me? Typical attempt of censorship of things you don't like.

No censorship. Im not stopping your speech from going to anyone elses eyes. I just dont feel like arguing with someone defending Nazi rights.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

I'm not trying to explain the entire situation-it's just over zealousness on both sides. I (nor my relatives) have never had a confederate flag and my great cousin was President Jefferson Davis. Let it go.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   
"Denying rights to groups that historically have denied rights to others simply makes you a part of a group that is denying rights to others."
-DBCowboy

Violence is illegal already.

Speech isn't, not should it ever be.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Justso

Are you hampering my free speech now. Just kidding.

But no,
I don't have to.

link   

It seems to me that person is supporting free speech not Nazism.
I have to agree. I don't have to believe what you support to stand up for your right to support it.
I just have to maintain my own belief and that is that everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
I don't have to agree with it.

link   

Defending a Nazis right? Or am I trying to understand your rationale for being OK with censoring people just because you don't like Nazis?

link   

originally posted by: luthier

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy

So please do enlighten me..

How can a modern day self prescribed Nazi not deserve the same rights as you?

He doesn't like them, so they don't deserve rights.

It stands to reason that the goalsame of nazis if carried out would be an issue correct?

So let's say the fbi gets some correspondence from leaders about staging events to start race riots.

Stuff like that has actually happened with the kkk

If people commit crimes, or are plotting to commit crimes, they should be arrested. And when arrested, they should still have their rights to an attorney, a fair trial etc.

link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
"Denying rights to groups that historically have denied rights to others simply makes you a part of a group that is denying rights to others."
-DBCowboy

Violence is illegal already.

Speech isn't, not should it ever be.

Lol that is ludicrous. So I dont want NAzis to have rights. So therefor, Im a nazi? I hate other races? I hate religions? I want people I deem not worthy of God to die?

No. No and No.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   

I'm feeling oppressed! Why are there no statues of PBR? Why? It's because everyone who doesn't like PBR is a NAZI! I can prove it too: have you ever seen a picture of a Nazi drinking a PBR?

FREE THE PBR! STOP THE OPPRESSION! PBR DRINKERS UNITE!

#PBR Political Party

TheRedneck

(This post was brought to you by sarcasm. Any resemblance to actual persons living or dead is purely intentional.)

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

What have I said aside from calling out people defending Nazi rights? Did I say there should be an amendment to the constitution that prohibits Nazi's from organizing? No. I gave an opinion that NAZI SCUM DOESNT DESERVE SHT

I know its fun to defend the constitution in any argument. But this is getting asinine

link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

They're easily lead sheep. What more needs be said?

link   

So what was it about Trump not enabling this sort of idiocy again?

link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

This is true.

However what about planning a race war using protests designed to create riots? Or direct threats to people.

How long do you let people plan a race war before doing something?

I get your point and agree 100 percent but there is another side as well. If your strategic planning can be proven to create riots for your goals there are issues with free speech being used that way.

Not saying we have that here but just offering up the Devils advocate.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I really wish I had a case of PBR right about now

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Ok, now see, this is how riots start.

PBR is just nasty, it was probably invented by a Nazi...

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

it may be their right, but well...
I am pretty sure you can relate with the idea that people doing such things should be surprised if the native folks come in force to move them along out of their town?? as far as I am concerned the cops and national guard should have been out in force moving all those not from the area or who have no reason to be there outside to demostrate onto busses and dropping them at the city line!!
what monuments they have in their city parks is of no concern to someone living anywhere else anyways!! and it was the city council that decided to remove the monument, the elected representives of the people of the city!

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   

So please do enlighten me..

How can a modern day self prescribed Nazi not deserve the same rights as you?

He doesn't like them, so they don't deserve rights.

It stands to reason that the goalsame of nazis if carried out would be an issue correct?

So let's say the fbi gets some correspondence from leaders about staging events to start race riots.

Stuff like that has actually happened with the kkk

If people commit crimes, or are plotting to commit crimes, they should be arrested. And when arrested, they should still have their rights to an attorney, a fair trial etc.

Good agreed. But that is the problem with groups protesting who want race wars so it isn't so simple as free speech. But I mostly agree.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   

What more do you need to say than "modern day Nazi scum don't deserve any rights" ?

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   

a reply to: UKTruth

It depends if their intent is to cause a riot and that can be proven, or if they make direct threats.

Yes, inciting violence is prohibited in the right to assemble and protest. This is limited though and does not cover words you might find offensive.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   
They should have called these guys.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join