It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's Approval Rating Rebounds

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

You may or may not agree, but my position is, all politicians are psychopathic liars ... but like everything else, there are skillful liars and clumsy liars.

And then, sometimes, there are the ones who are just too stupid to realize that everyone knows they're lying. Sadly, this later case is often the focus of a group of cult-like following.
edit on 12-8-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Oh but, polls are "fake news", remember?

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion
a reply to: Trueman

No triggers in these halls of irony, only blunt weapon tactics and magic.

Shoot, you amateurs!

We'll need blunt weapons after WW3 nukes and magic tricks at the fireplace time before bedtime

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

originally posted by: kurthall
a reply to: jtma508

I don't support trump, but NKorea is a reality, and its not going to go away. I honestly wish Hilary were in office right now, because of NKorea. She isn't, and that is a reality too. So trump sat by and he has done what everyone wanted, and kept his mouth shut for months, while NKorea threatened us over and over. Enough is enough! trump is right to put the little man in his place. He cant threaten us, over and over. While conducting repeated missile tests, after being warned not to. What is trump supposed to do? Nothing?

With that being said, trump has said his peace. Its time for him to shut up and see what happens next. It is not going to make things any better if he antagonizes the little man any more.

If criminal Hillary was in office, NK would be the least of our worries.
NK needs to be leaned on, even more so than Trump has already done.
They have essentially held that area of the world hostage for 65 years, while the Kim family committed acts of genocide on the NK people the entire time with impunity.
I have never been a fan of the USA being the worlds police force but this is one instance where it needs to be dealt with, with an iron fist.

If Hillary was the president, she would consider a refugee status offer for North Koreans and sell weapons to them and abandon to their luck any US military force in South Korea.
edit on 12-8-2017 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   

And yet, during the campaign, the whine from certain folks was that Clinton was a warhawk and would get us into a war.

Trump, allegedly, was dead set against war... a belief that has since proven false, like so many associated with Mr. Trump.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

And yet, during the campaign, the whine from certain folks was that Clinton was a warhawk and would get us into a war.

Trump, allegedly, was dead set against war... a belief that has since proven false, like so many associated with Mr. Trump.

You must be against any war. War is the last option. Trump tried to avoid it, which is good.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

You must be against any war. War is the last option. Trump tried to avoid it, which is good.

I am against war in general, but not when we or our allies are attacked - not a peacenik per se.

Trump tried to avoid it???

From my perspective, that's absolutely absurd. He threw gasoline on the fire.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Rasmussen is a very conservative polling organization if memory serves...

So you pretending like they are specificly corrupt seems like you are just throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks...

Yup it is a right wing polling organization...

en.m.wikipedia.org...

edit on 12-8-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   

WHAT?!?!

How does Telling Kim if he even threatens us again he will respond with "fire and fury".. "trying to avoid war??"

Or are you just one of those who lies for trump no matter what he does??

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Best quote ever...

"I don't know how big the bombs will be during the next WW, but the war after that will be fought with sticks and stones..."

Eienstien after WW2..(I'm pretty sure it was AE..

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   
A guide to understanding:

A guy you vaguely know, we'll call him Ken, several states away decides he wants to open a weed dispensary. You have a weed dispensary. But you don't want him to have one. So you send him messages saying stop building your weed dispensary. Ken responds saying, 'Who the hell are you to tell me whether or not I can have a weed dispensary?' and continues to build it. You start filing lawsuits against Ken's other businesses in an attempt to financially cripple him. Ken says, 'Back-off or I'll mess you up'. So you file more lawsuits. These lawsuits are seriously hurting Ken's businesses and family. Ken says, 'Seriously man, I have a big gun and I'll use it if you don't back-off', and continues to build his dispensary. You know he has a gun, several actually, cause you've seen his shooting practice on YouTube. Ken is getting frustrated and threatens to come over and shoot you if you don't back-off. So you say, 'If you threaten me again I'll come over there and burn your house down in the middle of the night with your whole family inside along with all your businesses'. Several days later you get a call saying that someone saw Ken driving around your cousins house. So in the middle of the night you torch his house and most of his businesses killing dozens of employees, and most of Ken's family.

Immediately afterwards people start boycotting your businesses. Ken's 2nd cousin Yan happens to own the bank that financed most of your businesses and he calls in all your debt. At the same time what's left of Ken's family does a driveby of two of your cousins killing most of their families.

And that's just the first week or so...

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

Sounds like a real "Profile in Courage".

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Why does anyone take polls seriously?
Polls said Hillary was going to be president. So much for that.

The national polls were pretty damned accurate, and they were the ones where the most stringent methodology was applied. No one realized that Trump would lose the national vote by such a wide margin and still WIN the electoral college, as historically that is a rarity -- but that is what happened.

The state polls failed to predict Trump taking the Rust belt, but those polls weren't as numerous or as fundamentally solid.

Presidential approval polls, which don't have to consider themselves with the albatross of voter turnout, shouldn't have any of the same hurdles to overcome.

You'll get the most accurate view of the approval rating by viewing them in aggregate on a site like Nate Silver's.
edit on 12-8-2017 by Dudemo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

I am against war in general, but not when we or our allies are attacked - not a peacenik per se.

Trump tried to avoid it???

From my perspective, that's absolutely absurd. He threw gasoline on the fire.

I don't think we can criticize him, it has to be so hard to take the right decision in cases like this one, war is not a 2 sides game anymore. Just imagine all that nuclear power, economic consequences and so many thing more. Come on, be fair. Or you think you'd do it better?

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

WHAT?!?!

How does Telling Kim if he even threatens us again he will respond with "fire and fury".. "trying to avoid war??"

Or are you just one of those who lies for trump no matter what he does??

You intentionally twisted my post or you can't understand what you read, because everybody else found sense in my words. I want Kim out too.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Polls said Hillary was going to be president. So much for that.

Anyone who believes that doesn't understand how polls work.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join