It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Idaho Teen Scalped After Slight

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Idaho police are searching for a woman who reportedly "scalped" a 16 year old girl. Marianne Dahle, 26, is alleged to have tied the girl up and cut away the crown and back of he scalp. The motive for this has been described as "being offensive to women to women as a gender". The victim was reported to be a long time acquaintance of Dahle. Doctors were unable to reattach the scalp.

story.news.yahoo.com
BOISE, Idaho - A 16-year-old Idaho girl was tied up and scalped by an older woman in an attack motivated by revenge, police said.

Authorities are searching for Marianne Dahle, 26, who was visiting Kirkham Hot Springs in central Idaho Jan. 18 with the girl and a friend when Dahle allegedly tied the girl up and cut away the entire crown and back portion of her scalp.

A felony arrest warrant accuses Dahle of aggravated battery, though she has not been formally charged.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This girl will be disfigured for life after this. I'm not sure if skin will even grow back over such a large area or if a graft is even possible. No doubt we will have to wait for the suspect to be caught and see what evidence is presented. Dahle is described as 5-foot-8, about 140 pounds and with brown hair. Police warn she may be armed with a knife.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 02:45 PM
link   
It seems people keep thinking up more and more bizarre ways to attack each other.

[edit on 2/8/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Scalping isn't exactly new..though it's nice to see a resurgence.

Now all we need is guilotines permanently installed in the reflecting pool and trebuchets in the D.C. projects launching garbage bags full of rancid feces in the general direction of the White Castle.

Won't you join me in my brave new world?

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Wasn't scalping usually done after someone was already dead in the past?

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Not necessarily. Sometimes scalps were taken as trophies without a kill, in the same vein as counting coup. It's hard to scalp a living person, it proves skill, fierceness, fearlessness.

www.angelfire.com...

Enemies who were scalped alive often lived. They were of course marked with the shame of their defeat for the rest of their natural lives, and that was precisely the point.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I say, get the evildoer and have her pay by providing her own scalp for a dermal graft in a controlled surgic procedure.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Countermeasures
I say, get the evildoer and have her pay by providing her own scalp for a dermal graft in a controlled surgic procedure.

Eye for an eye justice has always appealed to me, but I'm told that it's not civilized. I'd look up the meaning of "civilized" but I burned all my books to keep the cave warm last winter.

I've also wondered about making a profitable event out of it. We could pair psychopaths up for fighting tournaments on pay-per-view, then once a winner was established the event could immediately be transfered over to the naked channels for a profitable (if somewhat sickening) S&M program, the final stage of which would only be viewable in Texas on the Death-penalty channel.
Imagine the ratings- 3 successful TV events for the price of one scum-bag's life. Too bad that viewing such things would almost certainly create new scum bags in the TV audience.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Gender feminists! You gotta love 'em. I really feel sorry for the victim, even though I hear she is doing well physically. The emotional toll on this child will be profound given the horror of the crime itself, not to mention the the lifelong disfigurement. I hope they catch that scumbag and they put her in the can for life. They should be able to stack charges to make sure she stays in prison for the better part of her life, at the very least.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Here's a more recent story to the case. I just think that this has got to be one of the dumbest acts of crime I have heard in a long time. It's funny how their "punk" clique had rules and codes. Doesn't that in turn defy what being a punk is. Anyways, there's obviously got to be more to this story, I suppose we'll just have to sit back and wait till everything comes out.
story.news.yahoo.com.../ap/20050209/ap_on_re_us/girl_scalped

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I didn't realize the child was a punk. Scalping just may become the next craze of the physical disfigurement community, with tongue-piercing and splitting and piercing, in general, tattoos and stupid haircuts and clothing becoming blasé. I still have to feel for the girl just as I feel for those kids who disfigure themselves in their teenage years, knowing that trends will change and when they become adults they will be left with marks that a younger generation and mainstream society may consider to be unacceptable.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Very strange indeed. I'm a resident Idahoan and have personally been to the hotsprings where this event occured. This was a 16 year old girl!!! She was scalped alive and then dropped off in front of a hospital in Boise covered in blood. Boise is still a fairly conservative city with lots of good families. Something like this just doesn't occur all that often and is very sad to see.

new topics

top topics

join