It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Expansion of the universe and Einstein

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 05:43 AM
link   
The denial is strong in this thread.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: rnaa

Please try to keep up.
Okay, LOL, I’ll try but perhaps a better source could be used rather than Wikipedia since it “appears” to contradict your claim.

The accelerating expansion of the universe is the observation that the universe appears to be expanding at an increasing rate
Source
That statement is a bit ambiguous but “appears to be” does not equate to observe nor is there any language in that link or any other that I've found that claims the observation of expanding space. Do you have a better link?

Baryon Acoustic Oscillations is being used as a “standard ruler”, from what I’ve read. It seems more to corroborate redshift distances than the direct observation of space expanding.

The Wiki link you provided gives two other examples of evidence for an expanding Universe which both use ‘H’. The problem is with the observation of discordant redshifts.
Apparent discordant redshift QSO-galaxy associations

discordancy.report...

Anomalous Redshift Data and the Myth of Cosmological Distance

Found in these links are examples of actual observations which show that 'H' might not be a constant. There are many more examples than the ones listed. Perhaps the data collected from Baryon Acoustic Oscillations will help shed light on this problem.
edit on 8/20/2017 by Devino because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I been away a couple of days, did not expect this many replies.
Thanks all for contributing, will go through it tomorrow

<< 1  2  3   >>

join