It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Agree With Trump's Evangelical Advisor...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

It's also why I hesitate to make these kind of threads or statements. It's difficult being critical about one aspect from a group without offending others in that group who may not even share the logic being criticized.

It's difficult... but it's gotta be done.

I really appreciate you understanding the difference and know it's not aimed at the average Christian (at least I hope not, lol).

And you did a great job of distinguishing between the whole and its parts. In fact, you did such a great job that many of the responses have recognized and acknowledged that distinction in kind. And that's pretty darn awesome

That pastor was just a "last straw" moment for me yesterday and I had to dissect it a bit.

I understand. You have more patience (or something) than I do... my last straw was killing beautiful babies in revenge for killing beautiful babies... because that just fixed everything? Yeah, right.

'Nuff said about that. I don't want to derail your excellent thread.
edit on 12-8-2017 by Boadicea because: formatting -- ugh!!!

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
The single reoccurring factor is the existence of people who use their beliefs to justify atrocities.

So so much can be summed up by that sentence. Belief takes the safety off the gun for many.

If you hadn't already put that in bold, I would have.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

I wish I was wrong, though. But this is why I'm convinced that nothing would change if all religions disappeared overnight. Atrocities have already been committed in the name of nationalism, capitalism, communism, tribal disputes, social Darwinism, race, etc. So the extremists from each demographic would just change their pretexts.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   
For YOU it's scary. Please don't speak for me. I say give the man a chance to lead or lose, but give him the chance. Outright revolt has been the NORMAL response from the left since the election....The diatribe from the left is starting to wear thin even with some liberals. We have the electorial college for a reason. You should reads up on that.a reply to: Abysha

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: openyourmind1262

Nah, we're just getting started. The right wing spent 8 full years opposing every single thing about President Obama. Don't think we've forgotten and don't think we'll stop after less than 8 months. And if Hillary won, the right would be opposing her too.
edit on 12-8-2017 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Actually if she would have won I would vomit on a daily basis. Now I just sit back and watch the left squirm.....It's way more enjoyable than throwing up. Your just getting started......I am literally laughing my arse off. Is Chelsey Handler your hero?a reply to: enlightenedservant

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: openyourmind1262

(yawn) Come on, man. If you're going to taunt, you have to put a bit more effort into it. You could've at least said Rachel Maddow, Jill Stein, Maxine Waters, Al Sharpton, etc... Even Katy Perry or Lady Gaga would've made more sense or had more "zing".

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Are those your heros or just a list of the "who's who of mental health problems". My candidate has fell and she can't get up. It's not a taunt. It's the truth that you guys can't bear to hear.....Trump is POTUS. And for at least the next 4 years....deal with it. a reply to: enlightenedservant

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join