It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Agree With Trump's Evangelical Advisor...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Written prophesy is a very dangerous thing that tends to be self fulfilling.

Most religions are actually little more than a death cult anyway.

...Pretty Much All...

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: MyHappyDogShiner

I think most people can handle religion just fine. They can understand that grand themes etc... are meant to convey messages and lessons. Even with prophecy they take a 'it will happen when it happens' approach. Evangelical Christians in the US seem bound and determined to make the end times prophecy happen in our lifetime. I don't get why they want it.
edit on 8/12/2017 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: ConscienceZombie
My god would not be so jealous. He would let others wonder down the roads they choose and accept the outcomes they have placed upon themselves.

That whole thing. Whatever it is. Has no place in society. "I don't like you now burn"....what the hell kind of God these people are worshiping...holy #.

Your god ?

Is your god different to other gods ?

Does your god have a holy book that we can learn from his wisdom ?

Do tell ....

catholics version of god is massively different from the christian one which is massively different to the one protestants follow, lutherans etc and that's before you switch abrahamic faiths to judaism and islam.
little baby jesus talked of a different god to the one romans ended up following.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

The problem with some evangelicals is that they've built up the afterlife so much (in heir minds) that our tiny existence on earth is something to be dismissed and devalued.

It's like renting an apartment before buying a house.

All they can focus on is the future home while they don't appreciate what the "condo" has to offer.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

Absolutely! If 'God says it' we MUST do it. So all women need to be removed from their homes and banished to the outskirts of town while they have their periods. And bacon should be illegal. As well as shellfish. I could go on all day...

look it up

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   

If Gods on Trumps side then the world is screwed never mind North Korea.

What a lot of evangelical twaddle, well seen the book responsible for such illogical ideological fathoming is directly responsible for more pain, suffering, mass genocide, religious intolerance and hatred than any other creation of Man to date.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   
...It's kinda funny how a lot of people in the modernized west use a desire for mass violence as an indictment against Islam, but are quick to rationalize it when they are able, and, in some cases, use their own religion to do so.

We talkin' bout this quote?

“When it comes to how we should deal with evildoers, the Bible, in the book of Romans, is very clear: God has endowed rulers full power to use whatever means necessary — including war — to stop evil,”

Source

Whatever means necessary? Sounds like the same thing Islamic fundamentals would say....

Hmmmmm.... Maybe it's not an Islam thing, but more of a human thing.

To be honest, the NK thing is complicated, and maybe the only way to deal with that regime is military intervention, but I'd prefer to keep the religious slant out of it. Tough nut to crack regardless. A lot of moving parts in that ordeal. It's just not as simple as a 96 hr operation and everyone goes home.

It would be great though wouldn't it? We could create another dumpster fire in another part of the world with no easy resolution, all the while we still haven't cleaned up the mess we created in '03? And....... We can add a religious fundamentalist slant of our own as reasoning to do so? Sounds fantastic!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure the good Pastor Jeffress will be first in line to sign up and fight..... or maybe not...... Just like Trump.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: GD21D

The part I relish in is the term "evil".

IMO, if you're in a position to commit and evil act to defeat another evil act, you should maybe suck on your own gun and start solving the problem by getting rid of yourself.

"Evil" is an ignorant person's term for stuff they don't like, like my grandparents said the music I liked was evil.

I heard so many people down in Florida and Georgia and other southern places saying that evil needed to be eradicated from the world, but they are evil relative to those who they claim are evil.

This religion nonsense really does need to be reigned in and put back where it belongs.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: MyHappyDogShiner

Evil is also a matter of perspective, one Mans evil is another Man good, especially so where religious interpretation of anthropomorphic omnipotent sky Gods rear there ugly head.

All organised religious practice is folly really because at the end of the day it has little to do with prayer or communion with a creator and a hell of a lot more to do with obeying and adoration of control constructs and religious intolerance towards others that don't share the same perspective.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   

This is why religion as no place in US Government. Evangelicals are hell bent on bringing about Armageddon, the sooner the better. They're cleverly feeding and enabling Trump's fatalistic and egomaniacal personality to do their bidding, by telling him that "God" has given him the righteous authority, and is counting on him to annihilate his enemies.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

I'm sorry, are you implying that "Justin and his merry band of luggage carriers" are going to invade the US if we go to war in Korea?

That's priceless.

I suggest you also read what Imperial Japan did to Korea prior to WWII and how Imperial Japan was ended.

This ain't the stone age, or 1812 anymore.

Caesar had some awesome rules for his Legions too, perhaps Trump can incorporate those into American policy. Or are those two thousand years too "new" for this discussion? How exactly does the instructions given to the Hebrews when taking land (coming out of exile) apply to trump/Korea/America or anything relevant today?

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

So no free will? That is hard to reconcile with Christian tenants.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

There intent i suppose is to bring about the rapture.

Hell bent on oblivion really, one would imagine they would have come up with a more practical method of returning to there Godhead that does not require the destruction of the remainder of humanity but then again there God is indeed a mad bastard, along with the rest of them really.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Freewill may be an illusion of sorts but that does not mean that we should accept or bow down to predestination, after all freewill is a nice illusion, that serves a purpose, our purpose.

Probably six of one a 1/2 dozen of the other really but it seems to me we do indeed have a hand is shaping our own fate, illusory or otherwise.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

So I guess if air force one fell out of the sky that would be gods will too?

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Exactly.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

You would thank him/her wouldn't you?

Don't lie

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I have no idea, I try and focus on the cosmological explanations from physics.

Maybe we are just passing through dimensions with every choice and observation we make.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   

In 1204, he was named a papal legate and inquisitor and was sent by Innocent III with Peter of Castelnau and Arnoul to attempt the conversion of the Albigensians. Failing in this, he distinguished himself by the zeal with which he incited men by his preaching to the crusade against them. He was in charge of the crusader army that sacked Béziers in 1209.[2] There, according to the Cistercian writer Caesarius of Heisterbach, Arnaud Amalric responded when asked by a Crusader how to distinguish the Cathars from the Catholics,

Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius (Kill them. For the Lord knows who are His.)

Arnaud Amalric

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join