It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Government is going to kill this guy'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: iWontGiveUP
a reply to: carewemust

Meet the new boss...

If you were in charge, would you want change?

If I were in charge, I'd want to change the things that I felt needed changing. That's pretty much universal isn't it?

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

You can start here.

Basically the unelected body of government that makes large if not the largest decisions regarding the direction of the country. The black budget also falls into this category.

OK. I read your WIKI link and now understand what the "Deep State" is. Don't know why Wiki called it a "conspiracy theory" though. Every new President elected to office is in charge of employees hired during the previous, and prior Administration(s). That's a FACT...not a Conspiracy.

When Obama was elected, did the "Deep State" give him any trouble?

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   

The consensus seems to be that O embraced it.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: iWontGiveUP

He look like he's losing his hair..it's going more gray...and kinda deflating. Anyway, he has definitely changed-looking older-defeated. I almost feel bad for him....almost.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   

a reply to: underwerks

My opinion on that is that he wanted to allocate more toward it while not increasing revenues toward it. Once he found out that was not an option, he stepped it back.

thehill.com...

Going by your article Trump still increased funding by $18 billion more than what it would have been.

My great uncle worked for the state department and the one thing that stuck with me from our talks on geopolitics is how incompetent our government really is. I imagine it's even worse under Trump with all the infighting and everyone vying for Trumps approval.

I just see this as a convenient bogeyman in tumultuous times that the Trump camp is promoting as a distraction for his gullible or conspiracy minded supporters.

If his supporters let go of the crazy conspiracy theories promoted by his camp (deepstate, pizzagate, the Clinton murder cabal, etc) there's no telling what they could get done, politically.

And that's the plan, I believe. If there is a deep state then Trump is exactly who they want.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Now you're losing me. President BUSH served 2 terms and left behind a ton of government employees who were hired during his tenure. Why would Obama embrace them? His methods and goals were totally different than George Bush's.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   

You read the article so you saw the connection between Pence and that budget proposal right?

I just see this as a convenient bogeyman in tumultuous times that the Trump camp is promoting as a distraction for his gullible or conspiracy minded supporters.

You see it as you will, this thread won't change your mind. It's been easily identified for 60 years or so.

Trump has not, nor was not inside the mechanism when running for POTUS. Who's to say where he stands right this minute but bucking with NK would say that he is still not playing ball.

If his supporters let go of the crazy conspiracy theories promoted by his camp (deepstate, pizzagate, the Clinton murder cabal, etc) there's no telling what they could get done, politically.

Fair enough, but if you don't believe in CT's especially one that is still called a theory but has massive amounts of proof to the contrary, why are you here? It's not to bring counter evidence as of yet. I won't call your belief BS but I would ask that you back it up for discussion sake.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Now you're losing me. President BUSH served 2 terms and left behind a ton of government employees who were hired during his tenure. Why would Obama embrace them? His methods and goals were totally different than George Bush's.

You're going to have to take off partisan glasses to understand. Remember the Patriot Act?

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justso

He look like he's losing his hair..it's going more gray...and kinda deflating. Anyway, he has definitely changed-looking older-defeated. I almost feel bad for him....almost.

There's a spot for you with the tabloids Jutso. CNN and MSNBC are always seeking your kind of talent.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   

You are thinking big picture; which is 99% true

The USA has the best of the best

But it only takes a few, in all the right places

To continue the shinnanigans

Meet the FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION

edit on 11-8-2017 by iWontGiveUP because: Edit

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   

You read the article so you saw the connection between Pence and that budget proposal right?

You see it as you will, this thread won't change your mind. It's been easily identified for 60 years or so.

Trump has not, nor was not inside the mechanism when running for POTUS. Who's to say where he stands right this minute but bucking with NK would say that he is still not playing ball.

Fair enough, but if you don't believe in CT's especially one that is still called a theory but has massive amounts of proof to the contrary, why are you here? It's not to bring counter evidence as of yet. I won't call your belief BS but I would ask that you back it up for discussion sake.

It isn't on me to prove a negative. If you have any evidence of a deep state beyond assumptions or anything based on assumptions I'd love to see it. Cherry picking statements from FDR forward to support it doesn't work.

Why would the deep state want someone inside the mechanism? Their power would rest on them being unknown.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   

You're going to have to take off partisan glasses to understand. Remember the Patriot Act?

I remember it being a big deal for catching terrorists after 911. Just looked it up again to refresh myself..

The USA PATRIOT Act is an Act of Congress that was signed into law by President George W. Bush on October 26, 2001. With its ten-letter abbreviation (USA PATRIOT) expanded, the full title is "Uniting and Strengthening America by Providing Appropriate Tools Required to Intercept and Obstruct Terrorism Act of 2001".

I'll just keep following this thread and learning from it.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   

And what did it cost to capture those terrorists? How many of your freedoms gone to the ever greater cudgel of the federal government?

How many were caught? Was/is it equitable?

Was it immediately rolled back when O took office?

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   
For those of you who can't quite grasp what I see as obvious...

...The deep state is banking, big business and corporations...

Like...Go see how much the government can accomplish without those.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   

It isn't on me to prove a negative. If you have any evidence of a deep state beyond assumptions or anything based on assumptions I'd love to see it. Cherry picking statements from FDR forward to support it doesn't work.

The Patriot Act is a prime example. Current foreign policy is another.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Oh... I see where you're going!

Attorney General Jeff Sessions is part of the "Deep State" (which I call The Swamp). Due to him colluding with fellow Deep Staters, he recused himself, which enabled his assistant to name Mueller as a Special Counselor, whose job it is to fabricate evidence that will lead to President Trump being impeached by other Deep State swamp creatures that inhabit Congress.

Am I on the right track?

edit on 8/11/2017 by carewemust because: spelling

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: MyHappyDogShiner

Which is why if it exists Trump is a part of it. He appointed people from banking, big business, and corporations to some of the most important government positions.

I do think there is a conspiracy, but it's a few levels deeper than what his supporters are talking about.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Mueller was FBI boss
Comey replaced him
Wray is new boss!

DOJ ag sessions is redneck senator

What's your point?

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   

And what did it cost to capture those terrorists? How many of your freedoms gone to the ever greater cudgel of the federal government?

How many were caught? Was/is it equitable?

Was it immediately rolled back when O took office?

I can't answer some of those questions. You'd have to be able to see alternate timelines to give a reasonable answer.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: MyHappyDogShiner

Which is why if it exists Trump is a part of it. He appointed people from banking, big business, and corporations to some of the most important government positions.

I do think there
is a conspiracy, but it's a few levels deeper than what his supporters are talking about.

Keep your friends close

Enemies closer

Cmon... is America this frickin dumb???

Eta

You have to dive deep to pull the plug
edit on 11-8-2017 by iWontGiveUP because: Drain the swamp

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join