It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There will be a nuclear war

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: saint4God

originally posted by: BubbaJoe
We have someone spouting nonsense, I am agnostic you are, I am assuming Christian, and we can both agree that he is talking crap?

As tempting as it is to agree, I think misunderstanding would be an accurate word
. If it helps, I'm ex-agnostic as well.

We differ in opinions, we can still agree. This is how compromise works. You came from where I am at, I came from where you are at, greatest compromise target ever.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe
We differ in opinions, we can still agree. This is how compromise works. You came from where I am at, I came from where you are at, greatest compromise target ever.

If diplomats were up for vote, I'd nominate you to represent talks to nations like North Korea. Maybe after finding some common ground progress could be made.

P.S. I'd be interested in hearing the part about you coming from where I'm at sometime if you'd like to message or start a separate thread since it's a different topic.
edit on 11-8-2017 by saint4God because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-8-2017 by saint4God because: Because I am human and make mistakes, but by the grace of God am forgiven.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: Apollumi
Suck it up I guess, I personally believe it wont be the first nor the last nuclear war to decimate humans on this planet.

Tick tock.

You must be a lot of fun at parties

I'm that guy in the corner hurling abuse and throwing up on my shoes. I guess it depends on your idea of fun.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 03:19 AM
link   
I hope you are wrong! but I have to agree its most likely
! but I believe our biggest threat comes from the nuclear meltdowns we have already! I mean the USA is loaded with old reactors and I live 11 miles from one similar to Fukishima and I believe its on the Mississippi river!
edit on 03 08 2017 by TimHeller because: b

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 03:19 AM
link   
It would be bad but A nuclear war wouldn't annihilate the planet youvewatched too much hollywood
edit on 12-8-2017 by omniEther because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 03:33 AM
link   
It's taking too much time, I mean, all the boys playing Fallout 4 want some real experience in a post apocalyptic world, they are ready believe me, they are ready.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 03:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: UbiquityInMotion

Not to mention the fact that terrorist nation states have had access to nuclear bombs since Russia's collapse. It is only a matter of time before Russia's missing suitcase nukes go off for an agenda or two.

Those suitcase bombs are now duds, the radiation has fried the circuits and the explosives are degraded, if they ever existed.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Suck it up I guess, I personally believe it wont be the first nor the last nuclear war to decimate humans on this planet.

Tick tock.

You must be a lot of fun at parties

I'm that guy in the corner hurling abuse and throwing up on my shoes. I guess it depends on your idea of fun.

Touche'

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I don't think nuclear war is inevitable. If there is a path away from something, then it is not inevitable -- by definition.

The argument in the OP is a little like saying that because a cliff exists, everyone will eventually fall of of it. Because guns are legal, eventually my neighbor will shoot me. Because a disease exists, I am going to die of that disease, etc.

How many nuclear shots could the USA absorb before completely destroying this country? I would guess around three or four nuclear weapon explosions, in the continental USA, per year, over the course of 100 years. The USA (and the world itself) is pretty big -- enormous. It takes a lot of nuclear weapons to destroy something really big.

Although nuclear weapons are horrific and powerful, their power is over-exaggerated in most people's minds.

Finally, I agree with the comments here about the state "owning us" -- but that seems off topic. But it is a true fact and does seem to cast a bigger shadow over our existence than nuclear weapons do, so I guess it is a little pertinent to discuss.

Overall, a great discussion here.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   
www.army-technology.com...
Reality is The US - Russia - China have all built alest 3 300 MT nuks some at the poles .
some in orbit .
If the buttons are every push these babys go off well lets just say the impact to earth will be even worse then is a 7 mile rock hit it .
every falt line every valcaino will go off all at once . Pray you die quick because th next 10000s years littloe plant life will survive .
Just what do you think NASA was putting up in the early 1990s on the top secret shuttle missions .

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: midnightstar

If the buttons are every push these babys go off well lets just say the impact to earth will be even worse then is a 7 mile rock hit it . every falt line every valcaino will go off all at once . Pray you die quick because th next 10000s years littloe plant life will surviveText

I don't want to argue, but I question whether what you say in your post is true at any level. Could all of this talk about doomsday and our ability to end the planet just be fiction? Intended to make us afraid? Would fault-lines and volcanoes really appear? Would only plant life survive? I think this is an over-exaggeration. It is fiction, propagated by governments to make us cautious, and to apply a type of control over us.

To me -- 3000 nuclear weapons seems like a lot of power. Yes. But could it really end things for a 1000 years? That much power could kill a lot of people, destroy our cities, kill governments and societies. After that type of war, it would probably take five years to get back on our feet, and fifty years to get back to normal again. We might remember an event like that for a thousand years -- sure. It would be horrible. I personally might die in such an event, or perhaps not. It is not as bad as you are suggesting here.

For example -- I think these types of statements don't take into account all the "survivalists" out there (I am not one unfortunately) who would ride the event out, and be left to rebuild things.

One way of looking at this -- a blast radius of 5 miles X 3000 weapons = 200 thousand square miles of devastation -- about the size of Texas. That's everything. Texas is a big place -- it is a small part of the world at large. Full nuclear war with every weapon exploded would be big, but not a civilization ender -- not total death. Not an extinction level event. I don't think.

edit on 12-8-2017 by PassiveInductor because: Spelling

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: pikestaff

Speaking from a technically inclined perspective I can tell you those b0mbs are indeed a reality. Explosives are readily upgradeable as are the electronics. Black budgets allow for maintenance. Only thing these nukes are waiting for are detonation commands.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   
ask and ye shall receive

we asked for all knowledge of good and evil

in hindsight that was maybe not so wise

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Humanity..? Humanity..humanity..humanity
A joke upon itself.
Or a lesson in existing as op said.
Its easy to get..harder to deal with..as well as confusing.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
a reply to: UbiquityInMotion

Not trying to change your mind. You are doing a good enough job of corrupting it anyway.
I see no agree to disagree in this exchange as I hold you are wrong, plain and simple. Let's touch base in a year once this controversy has unwound, to what ever the big thing of the day is then. We may indeed glean you have matured.

You are wasting your time man. what we have there is a true beleiver in his theory. just sit back,and watch the trainwreck.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: midnightstar
www.army-technology.com...
Reality is The US - Russia - China have all built alest 3 300 MT nuks some at the poles .
some in orbit .
If the buttons are every push these babys go off well lets just say the impact to earth will be even worse then is a 7 mile rock hit it .
every falt line every valcaino will go off all at once . Pray you die quick because th next 10000s years littloe plant life will survive .
Just what do you think NASA was putting up in the early 1990s on the top secret shuttle missions .

*COugh*....Advanced Black triangle spacecraft*cough*

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   

There will be a nuclear war

Heeeeey, let's try positive energy:

There will NOT be a nuclear war, because cooler and more rational heads will prevail.

(I like that better)

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Someday yes, there will be. But not today. I don't believe that will happen for atleast 3 or 4 years. Just my own opinion and i hope i'm wrong.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I'll throw in to say that despite the rhetoric, neither North Korea nor the United States will initiate a war. It's all about treaties. China is committed to defending North Korea with their defense treaty and any offense by North Korea would leave them absurdly alone which they know. It may be called a cold war, but will likely be all talk unless they can blame any incident or accident by one or the other as an 'act of war' to invoke their defense treaty.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join