It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Take a look at whats parked near the runway!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Can i ask all you aviation minded folk to take a peek at this web page?
I apolgise if you have seen it before, or have debated the image, but i only found it by chance, so i thought i'd share.

addy is : www.aliendave.com...

Any way, any thoughts about it would be appreciated.

[edit on 8-2-2005 by MadGrimbo]

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Hmmm..If I were to interpret this, I would not say that it is anything special. Why would they have it out for "spying eyes" to spot it. Ususally bases like this have "hide-away" hangers where they just pull in secret aircraft right off the runway. But then again it could be something.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 03:55 PM
link   
yeah they never let the F-117 NIghthawk or B2 bombers out of hangers in the day, so itd probably be the same f there was a workable unmanned fighter.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   
can you look at this web page as well...
www.mei4.com...

Click on the picture of the b-1 bomber, and tell me what you make of the text that comes up....about hypersonic stealth aircraft projects!!

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 04:02 PM
link   
LOL...if you were able to go Hypersonic you wouldnt NEED stealth. You would simply be able to outrun ANYTHING. Except maybe for cosmic laser beams.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I thought terraserver & all those satellite photo sites had to black out military installations & power plants & such...heck, I cant even get some public hunting land to come up around a local steam plant.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Oh right, so a hypersonic aircraft needs no stealth.... ok, but what about being tracked on radar? seems a silly question, but if we can track objects the size of astronauts gloves in space, and Russian over the horizon radar can track the B-2, surley it makes sense to have it made stealthy.....

thats just my opinion on it any way. Going faster just means you die quicker... going faster and stealthy means you arrive quicker, and get to do it more than once.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Okay,, what world power has made a missle as fast to go as Mach 5+ that can CHASE an aircraft? They could never shoot down the SR-71 that went Mach 3.5+. What makes you think they can shoot down a hypersonic aircraft? It wouldnt need stealth. I dont recall the Blackbird being a stealth aircraft.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by MadGrimbo
Can i ask all you aviation minded folk to take a peek at this web page?
I apolgise if you have seen it before, or have debated the image, but i only found it by chance, so i thought i'd share.

MadGrimbo,

Cool post man. There is definately a triangular object there. Hes my take on these picutres.

1. Could be an older aircraft that just doesnt work or is not being used anymore.

2. It may have been just getting ready to leave or just landed.

3. Hiding in plain site.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Or not... the resolution isn't good enough to distinguish if this is and aircraft at all, or ground coloration. It could be a parking area for a black aircraft to "hide in plain sight" within it's boundries.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Realist05
Or not... the resolution isn't good enough to distinguish if this is and aircraft at all, or ground coloration. It could be a parking area for a black aircraft to "hide in plain sight" within it's boundries.

Thats very possible. Thats the first time I have thought about such parking areas. Good observation.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 05:18 PM
link   

What makes you think they can shoot down a hypersonic aircraft?

Im certainly not an aviation guy, but simple logic tells me that if you know something fast is coming your way, you can shoot it down from the front... Also, if they know you are coming they might make your target more difficult to destroy.

Better if no one knows youre coming, not?

On the original topic:

I agree that the resolution is to low to say much. Could be a regular jet with a canvas top for all I know.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by creamsoda
Okay,, what world power has made a missle as fast to go as Mach 5+ that can CHASE an aircraft? They could never shoot down the SR-71 that went Mach 3.5+. What makes you think they can shoot down a hypersonic aircraft? It wouldnt need stealth. I dont recall the Blackbird being a stealth aircraft.

The SR-71 never overflew Russia - Gary Powers shootdown had overflights suspended. But on paper, the Russians had several SAMs under development and coming into service that were capable of shooting down the SR-71, one most notably being nuclear tipped - only had to get within 10 miles of it.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 06:21 PM
link   
As far as we know the SR-71 or the A-12 which was a scosh faster never overflew the Soviet Union. Its allies however were another story. The Vietnamese (BTW Happy Tet everybody) did try to down them during the war with no luck, however, one Habu flight did has a small piece of what looks like schrapnel damage in a wing that may have come from a SA-2 warhead.

The nuclear tipped SAM might have done it, but the geometry involved in intercepting a Mach 3+ A/C that has some stealth incorporated into its design (not much mind you) flying at 80,000 feet is hard enough, assuming that the plane takes no evasive action even a degree at those speeds traslated into alot of distance would make it very very very hard to down.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
As far as we know the SR-71 or the A-12 which was a scosh faster never overflew the Soviet Union. Its allies however were another story. The Vietnamese (BTW Happy Tet everybody) did try to down them during the war with no luck, however, one Habu flight did has a small piece of what looks like schrapnel damage in a wing that may have come from a SA-2 warhead.

I don't think anyone can say with certainty whether or not the SR-71 overflew Russia.

It has flown through Vietnam, Syria, Libya, and Israel. All have tried to shoot it down with no success (the Israelis tried as one was leaving Syria and they were unaware of what it was).

Given how little is acknowleged (today) about the SR-71's capablities it very well may have taken part in many missions that the public (and military) have no clue about.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Ok people, to save myself double posting, take a look at my lockheed "find".

They have a hypersonic, stealth missle, with alterable radar cross section.

go have a read, and then come back and tell me a hypersonic plane cannot get shot down. If the Americans have them, you can bet a dollar the Russians have them too.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Thats Lockheed, were talking about the rest of the worlds defence systems.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 07:00 PM
link   
MadGrimbo, thanks for the link... Nice site. I like your chain of thought..
Your showing a passion for this. My eye's and ears are open to your research!

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 09:08 PM
link   
why does the picture look like a diamond shape peice of dark dirt to me? anoyone bother to look for shadows, or the texture of the object? if you look at the shadows of the buidling and compare them to the object, the object in question isn't casting a shadow

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jehosephat
why does the picture look like a diamond shape peice of dark dirt to me? anoyone bother to look for shadows, or the texture of the object? if you look at the shadows of the buidling and compare them to the object, the object in question isn't casting a shadow

i agree.

why do people go ballistic over anything triangular ???

top topics

<<   2 >>

join