It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Omg please send positive vibes etc!!

page: 1

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   
So Im a factory worker. The other day I was handed an application by my boss to go for 3rd shift supervisor.
I only have experience managing Arby's and Domino's Pizza and both were a while ago.

I'm very confident I'll get it. I have so much pride in my factory its as if I own it. That depth of pride and I know fully that I can turn that shift around and get them to the same or better level as my current 1st shift.

Better workers = better parts = better profit.

I already have goals I plan to meet and then exceed.

Please send all the strongest luck and wishes and positivity you can.
The past 2 days I've looked at my phone and it's been 11:11. A positive thing I think as I never ever see those numbers. Ever.

Ugh I'm so hyped.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: sarra1833

Positive thoughts coming your way sarra. With your enthusiasm and determination I think you really don't need them. On the way anyway

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   

I'm sorry, but I know little about factory operations and management hierarchy, so this is basically a really good promotion from worker to supervisor?

If so, do not doubt yourself, you will do fine. We all are apprehensive when we get a new position, but as long as we pay attention and learn, and apply ourselves, we will succeed. If you know your previous job well, it puts you in a position to oversee and supervise those who are doing what you also did, think of it that way.

Don't worry. You're not expected to know everything off the bat, but to learn, adapt, and improve, ask questions if you need.

You'll be fine.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   
My thoughts and best wishes to you.

Success is a terrible thing to waste !!

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Thank you all.
Yeah its a huge jump to become supervisor. I plan to stay with the company until I retire. I really want to do my best and be one of the reasons we surge upwards. The better parts we can make, the more fluently trained workers can become, the more pride every one takes, the ability to get each person on all shifts on the same page, (3 shifts but all one cohesive body, if you will), then the more profit, the more word will spread and we can gain more customers, more jobs coming in for us to do, equals again, MORE profit and everything can drive upwards as a whole.
edit on 53pmFri, 11 Aug 2017 18:35:53 -0500Fri, 11 Aug 2017 18:35:53 -0500pm1833 by sarra1833 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Good luck. Ever work 3rd shift before? Total different animal. My mom worked it for about 20 years. She would never take the supervisor's position no matter how many times they asked. I asked her why when I was older, she simply said," I don't want to lose all my friends". Said that if she became a supervisor that her friends would desert her. When I became all grown up and came to be in a supervisor's role....Electrical construction supervisor. I was taught " you don't have to like them, you just have to work them.

I used this method for years and it saves hard feelings within the herd. No one is special, no one man/woman is more important than the whole. That's my advice and I'm sticking to it. Again good luck with that nocturnal environment. Today I work for a--hole. I'm self employed.
edit on 11-8-2017 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Better workers = better parts = better profit.

As a supervisor, you'll need to deal with the people you already have, replace workers is the job of the Human resources Department, not yours.

You need to retrain low performance workers, move/switch them to a different position if no better results. Bad workers usually don't like that strategy and usually quit. Problem solved one way or another.

Wish you the best

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Getting the position is one thing. Excelling at it is another. If you are a factory worker do yourself a favor and purchase The Deming Management Method off of Amazon tonight.

It was Edwards Deming methodologies that saved the Japanese economy from collapse after WWII. He was a genius with production throughput and quality control and many of his methodologies are used by factories all over the world today.

It's well written and a great read.

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1502496893&sr=8-1&keywords=the+deming+management+meth od

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Outlier13

Hey thanks for the book idea! I'll Def buy it.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: openyourmind1262

Yeah, I'm a better 3rd shifter than 1st. Total night owl.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Well, here's to ya!

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I hope you get the job and I also hope that the workers will work well together under your leadership. It only takes one bad egg to get things out of line. People in management who will be your boss will probably know that, so don't get too bummed if it happen, ask those above you for help if it happens. Hopefully they have experience.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   

All the vibes being sent to you!

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Just remember to crush the underlings.

Break their spirit.

Destroy any sense of accomplishment and achievement.

Muhahahahahahahahaha

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Loss of sweet energy sent your way.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 01:58 AM
link   
sure, it will because you want to, bless you a reply to: sarra1833

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   

I wish you the best of luck

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   
It fell through . They gave it to a guy been there 6 months who is on work release.

"hurt" is not a strong enough word.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: sarra1833
It fell through . They gave it to a guy been there 6 months who is on work release.

"hurt" is not a strong enough word.

I'm so sorry.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I'm sending you some of my chi energy through the universal energy flow.
May your strength and my chi help you get that job

Sorry I failed to read down the list..
I'll have that chi back

edit on 19-8-2017 by Outback22 because: To reclaim chi

edit on 19-8-2017 by Outback22 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join