It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Do We Get Fat......

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Actually, too much protein can spike insulin.

Ironically, you need to consume fat to lose fat. But carbs should cap out around 100g.

But even when you get the macros right, it's still all about energy in and energy spent.

edit on 17-10-2017 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Portions might play a part.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

That must be why one book I read talked about having a higher percent of fat, then protein, then carbs.
I forgot the percentage but I was surprised that the protein level should be less than what I expected....thinking mor lean protein was a good thing.

a reply to: Skid Mark

That's great.....and the way we too often feel toward food!!!!!

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Protein is important, but only to a point.

High fat diets are very interesting and some of the science on Inuit diet is fascinating.

From a weight control perspective I believe fats should be only slightly higher (5%-10%) than proteins. Of course, not all fats are created equal. When it comes to animal fats, I try to source as clean as possible. Fats are where all kinds of nasties reside. Keeping it diverse is probably best. Olive oil is the only kind of oil I consume. But you have to make sure it's really olive oil. 85% is fake or adulterated. And then there is my personal fav.... Kerry Gold butter. Avocados and nuts are great too.

...and then there is the whole Intermittent Fasting movement. The science there is compelling, not only in terms weight control, but for life extension.

Finally, I think no one diet or way of eating fits all. Every body is truly unique.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

All good points.
We use non-hormone butter, a good EVOO, avocado oil, some walnut and sesame see oil.

Diet is rather high fat as it would have to be when it is quite low carb.
Carbs are just my enemy...no way around it.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join