It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

City Of Chicago Offers Advice In Event Of Nuclear Attack

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

Because of the EMP? I think the effect depends on what height the nuke goes off at, at ground level it would be pretty weak. The fallout area would be way larger area than the EMP.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Kim Jong knows that Chicago is run by thugs just like him. It is not a target...it's a Kim Jong ally.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Kim Jong knows that Chicago is run by thugs just like him. It is not a target...it's a Kim Jong ally.

I hear there's plans to tear down some buildings to make way for the tents for the incoming refugees.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

I hear there's plans to tear down some buildings to make way for the tents for the incoming refugees.

Also, Godfather Rahm Emanuel is considering closing Midway airport to business and vacation travelers. All inbound flights will be dedicated to refugees and illegal aliens.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   
They should replace that advice with "Run or drive towards ground zero. You will not want to survive any longer than necessary."

It must have been a truly boring news day. It seems that people have forgotten about how cold wars work and don't understand it's just chest thumping for internal consumption, while the real actions take place off the radar. Nobody is going to launch a nuke, not even NK.

Anyone want to buy some barely used bomb shelter plans from the 1960's? They can double as nice root cellars, so it's a great investment.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Also, Godfather Rahm Emanuel is considering closing Midway airport to business and vacation travelers. All inbound flights will be dedicated to refugees and illegal aliens.

Do you have a link for that, I don't see that happening.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   
What liberals need to do if a nuke goes off.
image2.sina.com.cn...

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

Do you have a link for that, I don't see that happening.

That was a FAKE humorous statement directed to/replying to, xuenchen.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: ANNED
What liberals need to do if a nuke goes off.
image2.sina.com.cn...

Ouch! Looking at that photo gave me the willies.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Is that what you would do, with your child by your side? Run towards it? What would your thoughts be in that moment? It's easier to be cavalier with one's own life. We get tough, over time. But none of us is alone here even though we can sure make each other feel like we are, when we fail to appreciate a common humanity, above all. We have responsibility beyond ourselves. Beyond the me.

Represent all of us, as leaders, and this ain't it.

But I get it, we see a doomsday thread on occasion on the www. But this is nuclear. Folks aren't laughing.

May we find our peace again, and reach for the stars.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

Honestly?

We all need to rein it back. Did we learn nothing from Matthew in War Games?

The object of the game is not to play.

The lack of humanity we are capable of dipping to in our moments, begs some thought.

Shake it off. We're all in this together. Seriously, we are.

Peace. Look up. There is plenty of space, for all.

Peace fellow ATS member. We'll start with that in common.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Over here in England, a UK Estate Agent posted a map of safest places to live in a nuke strike:

As you can see, there's not many areas in England which would/could be left intact.

The Estate Agent posted this on Thursday.
edit on CDTSat, 12 Aug 2017 04:59:09 -05000000003104x109x1 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: DancedWithWolves

It's easier to be cavalier with one's own life.

Well that's a strange take on what I said. What I said was meant as sarcasm towards the manufactured panic driven by the media.

Growing up the whole country was in a panic over the nuclear threat and the Cold War. I was old enough I remember the bomb shelter plans my father had laying on the coffee table and in the magazine rack at the end of the couch. I was still a small child, but I remember the fear in my parents eyes as the Cuban Missile Crisis was ongoing. That was also senseless and panic driven.

I remember having drills in school. They started by having us practice hiding under our desks, then they decided it was smarter to go to the halls and sit against the walls with our heads literally between our legs. Then we would be sent home to join with our parents and were expected to go to where we would shelter with our families for practice. It was all foolish as hell and did nothing to protect us from anything. It was just a way to make us feel like we were doing something meaningful to calm panic.

People when driven by panic do not act rationally and right now the media is driving panic for the sole purpose of ratings. We humans are an easily manipulated bunch. The government also loves to keep us scared to make us easier to control and more submissive.

The truth is that none of the advice being given would be of much help if a bomb drops in our neighborhood. Those who die would the luckiest of us all. The survivors would be left with no infrastructure, radiation sickness and all the horrors that go with that. There would be utter chaos and we would find out what anarchy truly is. Like I said those that were at ground zero would be the luckiest.That is what I meant.

NK is being used as a tool to accomplish other agendas in my opinion. This manufactured fear about them is just that, manufactured. They pose little real threat to the world.

You can expect to see the media continue to push the fear for profits and no doubt smart business people will use it to make money based on it. The sales of survival foods, guns, ammunition and the construction of shelters will no doubt be very good, but in the end it will just another example of how easily we can be manipulated with fear.

If an actual nuclear bomb hits near you, surviving will be the true horror. If it hits in a city like Chicago, the people around you may be the true horror story.
edit on 8/12/2017 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   

The media is reporting the statements made by the leaders of two nations. The statements are causing the valid concern. Condeming the messenger....the media....well? Nope.

Those two get to own this escalation. Statements that sound just like those from the leader of North Korea should not be an American aspiration.

Somehow, cavalier sarcasm gets eaten alive in a nuclear standoff.

Thanks for the clarification.Folks will likely continue to worry as long as national leaders are sounding like title belt boxing pre-fight sound bites.

May it improve. Quickly.

Words do matter.

Peace.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: DancedWithWolves

If you don't or are not old enough to remember the Cold War, the rhetoric was the same. Neither side had any intention of pushing the button. A Cold War is called cold because it's all just bluster and measuring of appendages calculated by who has the biggest bomb. In this case it goes without saying that NK would be flattened immediately and could not even begin to defend itself.

I suspect in the case of NK, the talk is a tool to keep the suffering population under control and under the illusion that other countries are responsible for their woe's and the boy god in charge in power.

From the US side I think its just talk to get people to realize that we need to be prepared and adequately fund the military since the world is not a safe space for anyone.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 03:47 AM
link   

I'm just old. We'll leave it at that. I have a veteran son. I hear you.

That cold war gig has worn out its welcome though. There are better ways. And, this is NK with shiny new toys. We're in a world with less rational restraints, hair triggers, boastful attitudes, and general indifference to the plight of others. Blame is the game.

It's a tinder box. Everyone thinks they can predict, and even worse, personally control the outcomes of the path we are on. They can't.

It's not ok right now. At all.

Here's to hoping it gets better.

Peace.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I am 51 now and when i was a child in school they had nuk war drills a siren would go off that could be heard 5 miles away then the teacher ( who told use they had bombs that could blow up whole citys would say -
Get under the desk .
Me being 5 or 6 would think they can blow up the whole city and the teacher thinks this desk will save me ?
A nuk goes off you want to be one or two places ether right under it or 100 up wind from it .
any other place your dead a full scale war and pray your under it .

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: DancedWithWolves

It's not ok right now. At all.

Here's to hoping it gets better.

Peace.

Amen to that.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Yes, clearly it's nuclear attacks Chicago needs to be worried about, not the city's rampant violence.

Good Lord.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Have they revived telling CHILDREN to hide under their desks yet?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join