It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You are now the Leader of the US, explain how YOU would deal with DRPK.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I was obviously joking.. I wasn't even the first person to suggest it in this thread. (If that's what I was even suggesting)

Plus, I don't think I'll ever be the president.. so NK is safe.. atleast from me.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I'd invite Kim Jong Un to the White House to stay for as long as it takes to hash out an agreement both sides will stick to that would ensure peace.

Nuclear war is NOT in the best interests of anyone involved.

If NK launched a first strike attack with nuclear weapons I would use the entire Arsenal of MOABs and build a few more to destroy his regime. Bombers, fighters, missile batteries, and anything else I could order to shoot would lay waste, within an hour or so, of being deployed.

Never take all out F your world up war off the table. However Peace takes precedence.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
I have heard all sorts of armchair idiots spouting about how horrible Trump is for Rough talking little Kimmy. So here is your chance.
Trump has eaten one too many cheetoes, and he exploded in a giant cloud of orange and bad hair. Pence is too scared to take the lead and he tapped you to take over. So here you are, leader of the US, and DRPK is threatening to blow you up with his new Nukes.

What is your next move? What are the ramifications of your move? Remember, the entire world is watching, and your next words may or may not start WW3.

Be a hero, show us all how it's supposed to be done.

Dear God, now you want to turn ATS into a locker room, as if to bolster Trump's ego.
The UN made a positive move, Trump tried to turn that some kind of impotence, however, he is lucky that Tillerson with the good guy-bad guy approach in turn made a wee boy of Trump and his off the cuff rants that Trump has embellished since that...because he's a dick mostly. It might work, it may not since Kimmy likes a bit of blood as long as it is not his own. Forbye, the good guy-bad guy approach is best meant to operate when the target is in a confined space and fairly helpless, whereas Kimmy is not.

My reccomendation, The UN should gather up both Trump and Kimmy, and lock them up together as troublemakers, and make all the deals they want.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Hopefully people don't take my 4 memes of destruction too seriously...

..Because you know, it wasn't that serious..

I hope they don't take mine seriously as well. After all it's from the movie Dr. Strangelove and anyone who have seen that movie knows it's a black comedy and full of sarcasm.
But the movie itself illustrates the danger of what people are suggesting what we do with NK.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I can only think of 1...and it's not too good.

Give them what they want...bring them into the fold of others... give them a voice... 'cause seemingly they only want their own sovernty.... and keep them in line with all of us.

Sux I know... But seems that's all the bastard wants. Lifting sanctions, have some super weapons, be part of the greater "Hood"...for the greater "good" of his country.

I know... I know, I know... But seems all he wants. I don't think he wants to be dead and his country flattened... What purpose does it serve to loose it all and be the "Dear Leader" who lost it all?

In an obscene way... It seems to make sense. Shut up a screaming kid by giving him that cookie. At least we could then keep our eyes on him.....

This sux... is a very very bad situation... and he's crazy.... No easy decision here... Pray maybe. NOW.. HARD.

God be with us all now..........
edit on 11-8-2017 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I do not think there will be a war because in the final analysis there’s nothing to fight for, there is just the madness of Kim and the ego of Trump. That is what is at war. Though madness and ego has in the past started wars.

The Chinese have to contain Kim and we ALL Americans have to contain Trump

The level heads on both sides will prevail UNLESS some true madness is unleashed—through Trump or Kim

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   

You are now the Leader of the US, explain how YOU would deal with DRPK.

Not do anything until they actually do something first? Maybe get them to the table to see "what" they actually want other than wiping us and others off the map?

When is the last time we had a successful "regime change?" When has it not come back to bite us (or the region in which we've meddled) in the ass?

What happens to North Korea, after we've laid waste (whether through conventional warfare or worse)? Are we so short sighted to think things will be peaches and ice cream just because Lil Kim is gone?

Have we learned nothing at all?

These are the questions we should we asking, as well.
edit on 11-8-2017 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
I do not think there will be a war because in the final analysis there’s nothing to fight for, there is just the madness of Kim and the ego of Trump. That is what is at war. Though madness and ego has in the past started wars.

The Chinese have to contain Kim and we ALL Americans have to contain Trump

The level heads on both sides will prevail UNLESS some true madness is unleashed—through Trump or Kim

I don't know if I agree. Wars are fought over egos all the time. I think the madness has more of a chance than restraint right now.

I do think that North Korea is a threat, that alone has more than enough precedent for a war. Also, I think China may see an opportunity to take the United States off it's hegemonious throne. A risk to be sure, but... Wars have been fought over worse odds. We are staggering right now, with an unbalanced, easily manipulated leader at the helm.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I would let the world be the world and focus on fixing the USA with Healthcare, jobs, tuition cost, homeless, poor, and whatever issues middle class has.

I'd stop the USA from being the world righteous controlling police.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   

i would send in snipers and take him out from a mile away.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   
After 60-70 years of sanctions what has it achieved? Just more hate, famine and resolve. It is insane to keep trying the same thing and expecting different results. So first thing is to end the sanctions.

Next is to work on Korea reunification. With the wall falling down so will the totalitarian regime. Kim and his buddies will still be around but will be moderated a lot more with the culture that has developed in the South.

North Korea ain't the only country with nukes, they done it to avoid a war.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: redhorse

You might be right. I hope level heads prevail.

The trouble is that in NK all the level heads may be dead

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   
1. Carpet-bomb everything north of the DMZ to a distance of about 50 miles with the sun-bright glow of thermonuclear wonder.

2. Pinpoint strikes on the rest of North Korea's strategic military capabilities.

3. Massive geometrical nuclear strike on Pyongyang.

4. Neutralize China with SLBMs ... taking out everything they have which could be classified as strategic military.

Get it over with ASAP.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   

I would tell him and the world, that we should all disarm every nuke, that there is in the world and let's go to war like men.
edit on 11-8-2017 by ImmortalLegend527 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   

I would probably keep playing 3dchess as long as I am coming out ahead. Then soon as the Dow starts dropping war it is. Its a tricky little stinker.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
that's two for the nuclear option. Making the US the only nation to ever use nukes in war and killing an entire nation of civilians who have no clue Ipods exist. Not saying that's right or wrong, but it's a mighty big step when Kim didn't provoke us with anything other than words and some missile tests.

I think in the past, offering him a way to save face and walk away would have been the right choice, but he needs to be slapped, not just a little, but a hard bitch slap. I'd use sanctions, and decimate their economy, and flood the country with information about the rest of the world, so the citizens would revolt and string the little # up themselves. (and hope like hell it worked.

They have been under sanctions for thirty years. Sanctions can't hurt them it's like trying to squeeze water out of a dry towel. They only have really one export and that's missiles.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ImmortalLegend527

I would tell him and the world, that we should all disarm every nuke, that there is in the world and let's go to war like men.

I'm not so sure that nukes even exist anymore. Hiroshima and Nagasaki are still the only two cities that got hit by a bomb that size. It's very strange that we never saw another nuke dropping after that.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
1. Carpet-bomb everything north of the DMZ to a distance of about 50 miles with the sun-bright glow of thermonuclear wonder.

2. Pinpoint strikes on the rest of North Korea's strategic military capabilities.

3. Massive geometrical nuclear strike on Pyongyang.

4. Neutralize China with SLBMs ... taking out everything they have which could be classified as strategic military.

Get it over with ASAP.

This will be a great image for us all:

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   

I've already answered this in other threads on the topic. If I was in the big seat, I'd have zero interest in any sort of occupation or even a land war inside North Korea. Nor, for that matter, am I overly impressed with South Korea's new president and his overt negativity against the US. With those issues in mind, I'd call China and tell them "North Korea will soon be experiencing a severe shortage of government buildings, officials, and a dictator. If you want it, it can be 100% yours right up to the DMZ. You will need to work out the diplomacy issues between China and South Korea... have fun and be prepared to move troops into the region with 1-hour notice, otherwise stay out of America's way and we will stay out of your way." Then call in the single largest sequence of airstrikes ever launched, using conventional weapons, and quick strike all of the weapon batteries around Kaesong that Seoul is so terrified of. I'm talking a combination of reaper drones, MOABs for the embedded batteries, missiles, and conventional small ordinance bomb drops. At the same time, bring the bomber squadron over PyongYang, dropping a MOAB on Ryongsong palace, and penetrators onto every military instalation near the capital city. Also drop penetrators on Kim's handful of other residences just to ensure the job is finished. Then, make a followup call to Xi, telling him it's time for him to claim his new real estate and leave both Koreas entirely, walking away from Seoul, Yongsang Garrison and all.

Issue resolved, crisis averted, not a single US troop casualty.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Simple,there is only one solution cut off the head of the snake and prevent nuclear war.
I would do this one of several ways:

Convince Kim to meet for a face to face talk,removing sanctions in the process temporarily to get him to agree possibly even bribe him to show up by offering to sell them higher quality nukes.

Plan 1:

If Kim is anything like his father then he has a taste for Hennessey Cognac,I would use that against him I would bring over 7 bottles of rare or aged variations. Only one of these would be safe to consume the others would be poisoned with ricin or botulinum poison or maybe a virus so it wipes out his whole family line. The safe bottle would be opened as gesture of good faith and that I mean business. If he says lets open another bottle I will say go ahead but I'm not much of a drinker,or I would partake assuming I had the antidote.

I would leave pretending like I had a fun time and made a new friend,leaving him with a gift that will kill him in a matter of days. (Slow acting poison will make his death appear more natural,viral would be optimum but possibly less realistic to pull off)

Plan 2:

Provided that plan 1 failed,was blown,or isn't feasible because Kim won't meet. I would send in a small special forces unit,the smaller the better for plausible deniability. Every man in this unit will need to have all U.S. records of them wiped,so that if they were captured that nothing could be tied to them from the U.S.,also each one of them would need to be outfitted with a hidden suicide pill perhaps hidden in a fake tooth in case they are captured.

This small team will be responsible for killing Kim and sabotaging North Korea's nukes. They will be requires to complete the mission at any cost.

Plan 3:

Provided plans 1&2 are not feasible,send in one rogue highly skilled individual to kill Kim at any cost. This individual will be not have any assistance from the outside world he must go in possibly on a suicide mission,there is a very real chance this person would never be heard from or seen again. This man will be required to infiltrate any way he can,the only assistance he might get will be a ride to a nearby country where he will have to find his way to into North Korea. He will be on his own for exfiltration. I would gladly volunteer for this part even though I know it probably would not end well.

Plan 4
All previous plans have failed,send in a stealth drone armed with a bomb that contains an extremely lethal virus with a short half life so it doesn't kill the civilians just the leaders of NK.

Plan 5
Start taking in civilian ideas(from us or elsewhere) to counter NK knowing that over 50% of said ideas will not be usable.

Plan 6
Everything else failed and the civilians ideAs didn't help. So my plan would be to attack them with our nukes provided that everything else was tried first and didn't work.

edit on 11-8-2017 by VashTheStampede because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join