It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jornalists are Just Not Up To The Required Standard Anymore.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   
The art of Journalism is a dying art. I always believed that when a Journalist wrote an article, the first thing they would do was to research the subject and find the facts.

The " Brains " that wrote the following article has not put his or her name to it, so we have no one to point a figure at.

Anyway the article is question regards a Music Artist named Calvin Harris ( who i have never heard of ) The piece of wizzo journalism states, and i quote

Calvin Harris has scored his eighth UK number one - equalling The Rolling Stones' chart record. The DJ's latest single Feels, which features Katy Perry, Pharrell and Big Sean, knocked Despacito off the top spot on this week's singles chart. It means he's now level with The Rolling Stones, Oasis and Eminem - who also have eight number ones each. Cliff Richard is now the only British male solo artists ahead of Calvin - with 14 chart toppers to his name

www.bbc.co.uk...

Has this prize twerp never heard of a band named " The Beatles " ? The band that holds the UK's record of Number One Singles. A total of 17.
That's one seven seventeen.

How do these people get their jobs ?

Rant over.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Cliff Richard is now the only British male solo artists ahead of Calvin.

Erm...
Might be something to do with "solo artists"...

It's late here in the UK mate so you can't blame early morning blues...

Unless you've started drinking early on a Friday night...

You get a pass for that.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Might be something to do with "solo artists"...

He or she mentions and compares The Rolling Stones and Oasis.

Those are not solo artists.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Yeah they say he equalled their records.

Not the UK record.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   
So...what's inaccurate about the article?

Or is this just a Beatles fan thing?

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Is it factually inaccurate? I think so. The Stones, Oasis, Eminem all having had 8 number 1 songs on the UK charts? That sounds about right. I think you're taking it as a slight against the Beatles, who had what? Probably twice that number?

Clearly Calvin Harris hasn't reached the same level as the Beatles when it comes to chart toppers. And neither did the Stones, Oasis or Eminem.

EDIT:

The number one over all appears to have been Elvis, then the Beatles. From Wikipedia:

21 Elvis Presley
17 The Beatles
14 Cliff Richard, Westlife
13 Madonna
12 The Shadows, Take That
9 ABBA, Spice Girls, Rihanna
8 The Rolling Stones, Oasis, Eminem, Calvin Harris

There you go. He has indeed reached the level of the Stones, Oasis and Eminem. But not the lofty heights of the Spice Girls and ABBA. (said with more than a hint of sarcasm)
edit on 2017-8-11 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

top topics

join