It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant orb floats away B.C. Canada Forest

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: jeep3r

From the comment section below the original article.

David Palachik • 7 days ago
As the Head of Investigations for Mufon Canada I can state that this footage has been authenticated as actual footage of an ORB. It is not a helicopter or plane, not a sky lantern of flare, not ET in a craft nor has it been created to perpetrate a hoax. Using forensic video analysis software and analyzing each frame shows the intensity of the light, the size and speed, all of which will be posted in an official Mufon report at its conclusion.

Also taken from the comment section that answers who so far has vetted this footage.

Rob Freeman • 9 days ago
Not interested in getting into a war with any of the other comment posters here, but just this week the video has been analyzed by 2 forensic photo / video experts. Both retired, one is from the US Dept of Defence and the other from Kodak. Both have enhanced the clip using generally accepted scientific methods and found it to have unusual "multi-spectral characteristics", meaning this light was not produced from anything terrestrial. I will follow up here once I receive more information. I've included a link in the description of the YouTube video for anyone to download the original footage for study or analysis.

www.squamishchief.com...

Not knowing how IR works, much, or other tech videography tricks, I have no clue if this is the real deal or not. However it's some very decent footage of "something". Until more info comes to light either way for now it's a curious bit of footage.

I would say since the originator is inviting people to download it and analyze it themselves that it's not likely been faked.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

Thanks for pointing those two answers.

First, one thing I noticed is that the word "forensic" is used mostly by people when they want to turn something common in something special, like applying some filters to an image and saying it's a "forensic analysis". In this case, they say that they know the size and speed, which is impossible to know without any reference. Did they use the trees as reference? If that's the case then it wasn't a video analysis that gave them the answer, as the video doesn't show how big or how far away the trees are, so it looks like they had a video analysis that gave them some results and they "massaged" them into what they wanted to ear.

The second answer is also interesting, as he says that the two experts said that the video had "unusual multi-spectral characteristics", which is funny, considering we are looking at an IR video that, by definition, is not multi-spectral, as it captures only one specific wavelength. Also, his conclusion that it means that it's not from this world shows how they change what the experts say to mean what they want.

The video might show a real unknown phenomenon, but I don't trust people like those.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

So no word on possible footage of this object from one of the other cameras?

Could be as simple as:
-No this is the only video of the object
-Other cameras were running but didnt capture the object
-Captured the object but nothing can be seen

I also find it strange they can classify a light source as an ORB. This object can be any number of shapes and is not defined by how it's light emission turn up on a certain camera. IMO the orb effect is more a result from over exposure, the light is too bright to provide any detail of the actual object

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyMayhew

I was excited when I saw the beginning. 4 high quality cameras and then the footage that followed appeared to have nothing to do with the actual cameras pictured, at least no context that I could tell. From the way that they had it set up I thought it would show someone filming what the cameras were capturing along with the actual footage to follow. Odd way to try to prove something.

But, speaking of orbs in British Columbia. My family has a bit of land in the Northern Interior and both my brother and sister saw a very strange blue orb that looked to be crackling with energy or something (paraphrasing here) hovering over the ground one night in the forest while they were feeding their animals. As it was night and those woods are thick and rather spooky neither of them were thrilled to walk over to investigate especially unarmed. They know the neighbors who own the property bordering theirs, and it wasn't anything to do with them. Wish I could have seen it.
edit on 12-8-2017 by seeker11 because: spelling

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jubei42
So no word on possible footage of this object from one of the other cameras?

I suppose you didn't see my post on the previous page, they said that the cameras were on but not recording.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker11

I believe you, i've seen a few. Driving in traffic 3 yrs ago with a friend of mine we witnessed 2 flying orbs. They were metallic and began to shape shift right there in the sky. I've seen more than just that though. Do you remember a news article on chbc of a Family that lived up the mountain who witnessed coloured flying orbs one night? I believe the military looked into it and couldn't give any conclusion as to what they were. They hovered around and moved for over 2 hrs or more before disappearing.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

Glad to see you dissected their explanations.

From links in their video I found (gasping clutching pearls!) links to Allison Kruse's orb videos which linked me right back to some old ATS threads. I rather gathered that's why you popped up right away in this thread? Obviously caution is required when getting into Orb Phenomena since hoaxes and misidentifications are a dime a dozen.

Dunno how far you've ranged around on the inter webs but there was a poster on another forum (NOT GLP) who did some rather impressive work on analyzing orb photo's and had preliminarily theorized the ones with jagged edges around the circumference were some form of biological deal.

Our own KPB flat out calls them a plasma being.

I'm still on the fence as to what they are. Plasma being doesn't sit right with me, but neither do any of the other explanations. As the rumor mills grind away I did hear that there was some type of drama with some investigators and the Brown Mountain lights, but I didn't dig into it. By drama I mean some sort of physical altercation.

I've run into orbs a couple of times and altho brief, got the impression they're "a something" not just ball lightening or pizio electric anomalies. Just have no clue what that "something" is.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Jubei42

Not that I've heard. What we see is what we got.
Interestingly also in the comment section it was bandied about that this could have been a night time base jumper by someone who's local to the area.

I would have thought the guys who recorded this would have video'd the area they saw the light in, in the daytime for both scale and to possibly check out any evidence just in case that's what they saw, but they don't appear to have done that either.

THAT I do find strange.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78
From links in their video I found (gasping clutching pearls!) links to Allison Kruse's orb videos which linked me right back to some old ATS threads. I rather gathered that's why you popped up right away in this thread?

No, I just "popped" on this thread because I saw it.

Obviously caution is required when getting into Orb Phenomena since hoaxes and misidentifications are a dime a dozen.

To me, the biggest problem with orbs is that there is no clear definition of what an "orb" is, so anyone can call any thing an "orb". It's an out of focus water droplet? No, it's an orb. It's a distant light in the night? No, it's an orb. Etc, etc, etc.

Dunno how far you've ranged around on the inter webs but there was a poster on another forum (NOT GLP) who did some rather impressive work on analyzing orb photo's and had preliminarily theorized the ones with jagged edges around the circumference were some form of biological deal.

Our own KPB flat out calls them a plasma being.

Once again, not having a clear definition makes it hard to know if we are all talking about the same thing. Some people talk about plasma beings, both in and out of the Earth's atmosphere (the apparent spheres seen in several ISS and Shuttle videos), but why plasma? I haven't seen a clear explanation of why the "orbs" could be plasma.

Are they living creatures? Again, it's possible, there are so many things we don't know about our own planet.

Are they misidentifications? I'm sure many are, after all, any out of focus bright object on a video or photo will look like a bright sphere.

Are they hoaxes? Once again, I'm sure many are, the cheapest way to fake them is to let go a plastic bag on a windy day and film or photograph it with a light from behind.

I'm still on the fence as to what they are. Plasma being doesn't sit right with me, but neither do any of the other explanations. As the rumor mills grind away I did hear that there was some type of drama with some investigators and the Brown Mountain lights, but I didn't dig into it. By drama I mean some sort of physical altercation.

So am I, as with most of the topics discussed on ATS (except politics), we need more data, and data gathered in a real scientific way, we don't need those declarations of "distance" and "speed" created from nothing, we don't need battles (of words or physical) between different opinions. As in all other uncommon events, if we want to know what they are we need to put personal biases to the side and look at the facts, and by that I mean the real facts, the ones that can be confirmed and, when possible, repeated.

I've run into orbs a couple of times and altho brief, got the impression they're "a something" not just ball lightening or pizio electric anomalies. Just have no clue what that "something" is.

And that's the right thing to do: if we don't know, why assume one possibility over the others? It could even be something nobody after thought about.

One thing is certain, we need to keep on looking.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   
another term I see now being used for this type of sighting is "bol" or ball of light type of sighting, although orb also is popularly used. Orbs seems to be much brighter and/or give off much more light than many bols type of ufo's I have seen fwiw.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: data5091

Good to know!
I don't dismiss anecdotal info cause a clue is a clue. The ones I saw were white, larger than a softball but smaller than a basketball. It was daytime so non-light emitting? "seemed sentient" just because they approached cautiously, kinda like when you meet a new dog or cat best analogy I have for it, anyways.

No real communication more than when you meet a new animal. I assumed by them stopping skittering whatever was happening was ok? Since I was at an archaeological site I went back to sightseeing and just chalked it up to random oddness. Did say goodbye when we left just cause they seemed friendly and it was the polite thing to do.

I've gathered since they "seem" to be tied to a geographic region, cause they didn't follow me home but a few years later when I went back to a area east of there an they were waiting with bells on. Which was a surprise. Altho other people were present only one other elderly gentleman saw them and we both thought it was odd, but harmless.

My honest impression was they "felt" like a friendly herd of bunnies. Curious, cautiously friendly and a little show-offy with the arial acrobatics. Haven't seen them since. People report fear with Orbs of other colors, so I never did know what to think about all this. Just more random oddness? I did get the impression they were at least as aware as a dog, but as to what they are or how they live, or anything I am just as clueless as anyone else.

I just accepted them as something that is "around" like birds or bugs or trees. Part of our natural world that we didn't get the memo about. I could also be totally wrong, but it's not like there's a handbook for this kind of thing.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: data5091

Charles Lamouteux joined here to me he is a fantasist his youtube channel is full of videos of obvious aircraft,birds bats etc.

Also with regards to the treeline on that video we have no context of how that relates to the camera position or the mountains behind that makes the claim very suspect.

Some really good gear there but below average results.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

originally posted by: Caver78
but why plasma? I haven't seen a clear explanation of why the "orbs" could be plasma.

One thing is certain, we need to keep on looking.

I'm not convinced that this photographed video sighting is the "real thing." It's a rather fuzzy lit object...that could very well indeed be a hoax.

But my own double nighttime foo fighter sighting in 1976, has me convinced that the fusion plasma surrounding the alien starship is needed to fuel a photon drive, with the center of the drive being a micro-mini black hole that attracts the photons from the plasma, whirls them around the accretion disc and expels them from it's magnetic poles --- Thusly... funneled to the thrusters and expels them at near the speed of light.

The magnetically contained fusion plasma can be used as an offensive and defensive shield, especially for clearing out brushy areas for landing zones --- Not to mention --- Complete sterilization of the landing zone from any foreign microbes.

edit on 13-8-2017 by Erno86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Erno86

If projecting photons could be used as a propulsion system we only need a flash-light.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

If projecting photons could be used as a propulsion system we only need a flash-light.

Any flashlight is a photon rocket.

"The relativistic momentum of photons results in reaction force."

"Photons have momentum and this would push the flashlight backwards."

This plot in the following link shows that, but with low specific thrust."

www.quora.com...

But harnessing a micro-mini black hole photon polar jet in a starship in outer space = The potential of a interstellar capable starship to travel at superluminal [faster than light] speeds is quite obvious to me.

Cheers,

Erno

edit on 14-8-2017 by Erno86 because: added a sentence

edit on 14-8-2017 by Erno86 because: ditto

edit on 14-8-2017 by Erno86 because: added a few words

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

With such a low thrust would it really move, even in space?

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   

With such a low thrust would it really move, even in space?

In outer space with a lit flashlight? For sure, but I'm not a mathematician to give you the exact speed.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   
May I add...starlight photons would supply a photon drive propulsion unit onboard a interstellar starship, with an almost unlimited supply of fuel, save for places that lack starlight photons --- Like some far away dark alien world, like our own planet in nighttime darkness --- That's where the fusion plasma generation process would provide the photon drive with much needed photons, by using a small amount of seawater that is crushed with extreme pressure between two magnetic shields to start the fusion process --- Meanwhile, the rest of the seawater surrounds the hull of the starship to protect the starship and crew from neutron radiation from the fusion plasma.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   

"As for powering spaceships, your 1W flashlight creates a force of about 3 x 10 -9N. You'd need a staggeringly intense light source to power a rocket.

When you float in space a large number of photons emitted by the sun will hit you. Those photons exert a force, this mechanism is referred to as radiation pressure. This force is significant enough that you can actually control a spacecraft with it."

source: www.physics.stackexchange.com...
edit on 14-8-2017 by Erno86 because: added a word

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Just got to
because you write this as if you 100% know this and that is a total joke.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join