It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant orb floats away B.C. Canada Forest

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   

At first we thought it was an airplane. There was absolutely no sound… then we absolutely knew it was no airplane.”

Interesting video of an orb seen floating over a scared mountain in British Columbia Canada. B.C. and Vancouver are known hotspots for ufo activity in Canada.

A documentary research crew caught the orb on video which was recorded in night vision mode.

The story reported in the Squamish Chief news starts with Rob Freeman and Marcus McNabb from the Centre for the Scientific Study of Atmospheric Anomalies in London, Ontario, traveling to British Columbia to meet with Charles Lamoureux, a skywatcher, amateur astronomer and ufologist who has acquired a number of video capture devices and combined them into one device he calls the Skywatcher’s Mobile Unit. Lamoureux has produced his own documentary, Nocturnal Lights, and does paranormal research for Simon Fraser University. Lamoureux directed Freeman and McNabb to Squamish, home of the Stawamus Chief, a 2,297 ft (700 meters) granite monolith that is sacred to the indigenous Squamish people and a site known for UFOs, orbs and other sky anomalies. The filmmakers set up their own sophisticated night vision equipment on July 22nd and waited. At 10:59 p.m., Freeman says they saw a “huge yellowish white ball of light” that “appeared out of nowhere & then proceeded to go into the woods.”

The video was reviewed and determined not to be a plane, a drone or a meteor.
The Squamish area of this part of B.C. is also a hotspot for ufo activity. The video has been sent to Mufon for their report.

While we’re waiting for that report, let’s speculate on what they saw. The Squamish area and its nearby surroundings is a hotbed of UFO sightings, as a search on the UFO Hunters website will attest. For example, in late February 2017, police in Squamish received a call from a resident who reported multiple moving lights over Lions Bay. Squamish also has had a number of Bigfoot sightings. Are these paranormal events linked to the sacred mountain?

edit on 11pm31pm5091 by data5091 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11pm31pm5091 by data5091 because: typos

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: data5091

Pretty cool video....it appeared to be actually moving through the trees and not about them too...

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Hang on, I don't get it. They have this yuge rig with godknows how many cameras and we only get to see one?
No no no. Wheres the rest? I want to see natural light of this object, could provide interesting clues.

Also I'm not convinced this object is close to the camera. IR light really stands out for miles and miles with night vision.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Saw this a couple of days ago and meant to follow up, so THANKS for making a thread!

Here's the link to the original article, interestingly it gets pretty hot & heated in the comment section of the newspaper with both the guys who recorded the event, Charles Lamoureux, and one very serious skeptic.

www.squamishchief.com...

Personally I think this is one of the best Orb Video's I've seen. Didn't know about the Scientific Study of Atmospheric Anomalies Org, or Charles Lamoureaux's work either so cool beans! New avenues to explore!

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Here's the video. Though I guess the mountain wasn't really scared.

edit on 11-8-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   
As usual, no context

we have video showing an array of cameras. And then a brief glimpse at the end of an "orb" that could have been taken anywhere at any time but doesnt appear to have any connection with the prior video .....

Assuming the 4 cameras covered the same ground and the orb was captured by one of then, lets see the footage from all the cameras. For at least one minute before and after.

So simple to do ..... the reason it hasnt been done immediately raises questions

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Could simply be someone setting off a Chinese lantern, a night-time hot air balloon, a drone with a LED cluster.

We would need to see both the night-time view from the visible light cameras as well as the fancy IR camera. Having a wide-angle/fish-eye lens and a zoom lens would be necessary. These days, I would expect someone to be using an X27 color infra-red camera.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

That seems to be someone walking with a torch.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

originally posted by: smurfy

That seems to be someone walking with a torch.

It doesn't matter so much, with the night vision, any light is an orb even with relatively low distance, and the apparent size is not a good comparison, besides with the same media it could easily have been a kids drone.
Note also there are scopes seemingly on those cameras, and there should be other shots without the infrared stuff.

edit on 11-8-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   
It's just junk. Something pops out of nowhere and then vanishes into nowhere. Nobody tries to hard to follow or track it. For people supposedly spending tons of money and years of their lives looking for this stuff, they dropped the ball. It's worthless footage. Better luck next time.

P.S. -- There's a little thing called "triangulation" that can be really helpful with this kind of stuff. They should try it.
edit on 11-8-2017 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   

When you are in the business of doing documentaries, you don't rush to publish inconclusive images of what you hope to capitalize upon. Get it? It is a business. The average citizen rushes to post to YT or ATS with their bad videos, but if you have something that is truly worthwhile, you keep it hidden, and polish it up to get the best showing and deal whether that be in money or prestige.

In other words, just wait for the other shoe to drop. 'Course, there is no insurance that what they saw was what it seemed to be. More than one documentatian has discovered too late that they were swindled, hoaxed misunderstood the situation.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 01:51 AM
link   

They are called Ultra terrestrial aliens or the fallen angels please refrain from using orbs.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 04:44 AM
link   

That was fairly large for an orb. I won't go into this too much, but i will say that i've seen a lot of strange events over the years, most weren't explainable, and half were seen by myself along with friends and watchers.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Perhaps a helicopter (rescue heli) from a nearby ranger base? The sound of it being suppressed by the canyon and trees? Would've liked to have seen a couple minutes prior (and after) that chunk of video. Interesting, nonetheless.

edit on 12-8-2017 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jubei42
Hang on, I don't get it. They have this yuge rig with godknows how many cameras and we only get to see one?
No no no. Wheres the rest? I want to see natural light of this object, could provide interesting clues.

According to one comment on the page Caver78 posted, they had the cameras turned on but not recording.

I had all the cameras turned on, but not recording & we were standing around talking when Breslin of our group spotted what we thought was a plane. I turned & hit the record on the night vision scope and because it was moving fairly quickly, I didn't dare take my eye of the screen to turn the other cameras on. As it turned out, it then went into the woods & there was only 10 seconds. So we were very lucky to get even the 10 seconds.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: data5091

The video was reviewed and determined not to be a plane, a drone or a meteor.
The Squamish area of this part of B.C. is also a hotspot for ufo activity. The video has been sent to Mufon for their report.

How could they rule out it was a drone? And who reviewed the video with that conclusion? Just some legitimate questions IMO because if you have an awesome mobile camera rig like them to film a sacred mountain, a drone would certainly also be part of their equipment.

Unless we get further evidence, a drone with bright LEDs would be the most likely explanation, says Occam the Razor.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: jeep3r
How could they rule out it was a drone? And who reviewed the video with that conclusion?

The original article explains it better:

Lamoureux was disappointed to miss the sighting. He fact-checked the video the crew immediately sent, confirming it was not a plane, drone, satellite or meteor, after no such YVR documented routes were found.

Not much of a confirmation for it not being a drone.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   

What I find more amazing that mountains are capable of being "scared".

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Kromlech

Agreed. It was too short, but sweet, the video.
More and longer footage next time please.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: data5091
a reply to: Kromlech

Agreed. It was too short, but sweet, the video.
More and longer footage next time please.

That's funny. My girlfriend says the same thing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join