It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

With 8 threatening volcanoes, USGS says California deserves close monitoring

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
With 8 threatening volcanoes, USGS says California deserves close monitoring

With the world's top volcanologists heading to Portland, Ore., on Aug. 14 for the first international volcanology assembly held in the U.S. since 1989, the many famous, prominent and dangerous volcanoes of the West Coast will be the subject of field trips and much discussion.

I can't even imagine! I don't think any of us really can.

While Mount Shasta unsurprisingly tops USGS's list of very-high threat volcanoes in California, there are seven other volcanic areas in the state that are also young, nervy, jacked up on magma and "likely to erupt."

Between this theory, Yellowstone?

It's gonna be big.

Question is? If you're living in an area where you might/will be effected? Are you going to bug-out?

peace

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

Im thinking its time for Hollywood to finally make their promised move to Canada

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I live between Mt Shasta and MT Lassen, on the Sacramento River and under Shasta and Whiskey Dams. So, I do hold my breath and watch the equake monitors. Iron Mountain mine super fund site is just above me too, so Im wanting to sell my house and move out of California. Sick of the libtards and the lack of representation we have in the northstate too. And dont even get me stared on the horrid heat in the summer. Weve had 117 heat several times already this year. Our crime rate is higher than Oakland. So, Im ready to sell and move.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

Check out Oklahoma. We will take you in.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ttropia
My grandfather was born on the Choctaw Res in Oklahoma, Ive always wanted to visit. Thanks for the invite!!

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Good thing i live only an hour away!

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: misskat1
I live between Mt Shasta and MT Lassen, on the Sacramento River and under Shasta and Whiskey Dams. So, I do hold my breath and watch the equake monitors. Iron Mountain mine super fund site is just above me too, so Im wanting to sell my house and move out of California. Sick of the libtards and the lack of representation we have in the northstate too. And dont even get me stared on the horrid heat in the summer. Weve had 117 heat several times already this year. Our crime rate is higher than Oakland. So, Im ready to sell and move.

Sounds like you live in Redding or Red Bluff. I'm in Red Bluff, the heat feels great. Lol

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: misskat1

NorCal sucks, man. I'm just waiting to make some more money(the only thing SF is good for) and then bolt overseas. Doesn't seem you're considering a move abroad. I'd go check out the Denver area if I were you. Beautiful, mild summer temperatures, cheap living comparing to NorCal, snow on Christmas and away from the nonsense.

Virginia would be another if looking east. Also beautiful, quite affordable, plenty of beaches for the summer but don't get the brutal New England winters.

If the libtards get to you, and yeah they suck, don't consider Oregon or up near Seattle either.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

Important thread

The volcanism and seismicity of the west coast is nothing to scoff at.

It has simply been a slumbering giant, but the native stories tell tales of immense destruction.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Was it someone here who said that for so many active volcanoes, the US West Coast is terribly under-monitored?

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLotLizard

Anderson, between Redding and Red Bluff. Howdy neighbor!!

top topics

join