It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 times a day does NK's secret weapon fly over the US?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: lizardghost
a reply to: Bluntone22

this is a question. has anyone heard about a prophecy of iran russa and nk uniting to attack the usa? i thought i heard years ago a prophecy of iran russia and nk uniting. or was it china and iran and russia. i cant remember. usa said to have allies as well.

On a related note (kind of), there's been alot of debate as to why America isn't in Bible prophecy. Think of the prophecies that have come true....the ones about our Lord's first advent, Alexander the Great, etc.

But why not the US?

I'm beginning to wonder if the conflit w/North Korea is why. At least in part.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Goes back even further, Project Thor was the original designation of the 1950's plan to deploy space based Kinetic weapon's.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
Kinetic drop rod's also are a very old principle, likely they are a heavy metal core with a high temperature casing to prevent burn up and finned tails to help guidance as they drop onto a target, they may even use depleted uranium cores to enhance there impact damage and they in principle do not even need those orbiting platform as they can actually be launched from those same facility's on there own with probably almost as good accuracy given today's technology's.

If you can achieve the same effect by ground-launching a 100kg cylinder made of tungsten as you can by ground-launching a nuclear missile, then I wonder why we have nuclear weapons at all, since the alternative is so much simpler and cheaper and requires no maintenance whatsoever. Not to mention why North Korea would put one in space, where it might easily be spotted, rather than lugging it around on a ship or something.

Oh no, hang on, I don't wonder any of those things, because it's just science fiction and not real.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

It really doesn't matter if it's got an EMP in the satellite. Our first strike capabilities do not rely on the mainland. We have assets with first strike capability around the world.

If, in fact, NK does successfully manage an EMP over the continent, all I can say is that the response would be something to the effect that NK would be dark for a very very very long time...and each time they string up new power lines...they would be unstrung just as quickly, or rendered ineffective. Kim knows this, and he may be a bit crazy, but I highly doubt he's that stupid.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
It seems very unlikely to me that NK has developed that advanced of weaponry. They are just getting the hang of nukes.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: audubon

No it is not science fiction at all, the reason we have nuclear weapon's is because we have idiot's for leaders but also because they were developed before we developed the ability to launch into orbit BUT a large enough gun, a super gun such as Sadam was trying to create could in theory launch a kinetic bombardment a little like a mortar but with no explosive in the projectile, it does not even have to be launched from space and think about this, Rail Gun's on air craft, large rail gun's would have a similar impact potential to a small nuclear device but with more control, less collateral damage and far more of that intended force on the intended target.

Nuclear is for MAD but Tactical Kinetic is for actually warfare.

I seem to remember someone trying to claim rail gun's were fiction a couple of years ago.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   

No it is not science fiction at all,

I'm going to stop you right there.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

If we had that precision don't you think would have been used in a field of operations already? In theory it is an incredible weapon that would be accurate and cleaner than a nuke strike.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   

That is called reverse psychology and is not applicable, in this case it really is not Science Fiction it is actually Science Fact.

Now if I was to say write a tale about an ANTI GRAVITY SPACE CRAFT that would be science fiction, there may be ways around gravity and way's of negating it but anti gravity would be a highly unlikely.
Kinetic energy is not science fiction.

A bullet actually causes more damage to the soft tissue of the body via it's shock-wave or rather the cavitation in the tissue that this shock wave creates as it impacts the flesh and ripples outward tearing the tissue and damaging it, this is no different but scaled up and a lot faster than a bullet and is fully viable science, it is essentially simple Newtonian science the difference is you are not shooting a person but a location and in this case the impact is no different to a small meteor can can in fact if enough kinetic energy is imparted upon the projectile have a similar effect to a small to medium sized tactical nuclear device.

A natural and very powerful impact hastened or actually ended the reign of the dinosaurs just to enlighten you a little since you seem to think it is science fiction, the only difference is that in that case it was not a man made object but a large and natural asteroid or comet impact, still it was identical in this respect, it was a fast moving target that impacted a location and the impact energy i.e. Kinetic energy released a blast wave sufficient to cause a huge amount of destruction.

Also it is not science fiction because it is not only within our capability but has been for several decades now.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

The worry would not be if we have first strike capability. We are the strongest and most advanced military on the planet. It is the fact that if there was a large enough EMP blast to render a few states unlivable it would be a nightmare in our own country and we would have to play our cards very carefully. Even if they were not major cities.

Sometimes in a fight you only have to cripple your opponent to achieve your goal. That would be NK taking one for the team known as China.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   

That is called reverse psychology and is not applicable, in this case it really is not Science Fiction it is actually Science Fact.

Pointing out that someone believes something that is untrue is not "reverse psychology". You might want to look that term up before you start deploying it in argument.

As for the rest of your post, you have gone from claiming that these weapons already exist, to claiming that nuclear weapons are some kind of scam that could be superseded by these new weapons, to claiming that they could have the same effect as the comet that wiped out most of the dinosaurs - and not only that, you are claiming that I don't believe the dinosaurs were wiped out by a cometary impact.

That can be dealt with by saying, respectively, "they don't", "they couldn't", "they wouldn't", and "that's ludicrous."

The only thing that is in orbit in this discussion appears to be your imagination. I will be politely declining further invitations to engage with it at any altitude whatsoever.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Now you are just making me chuckle.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Now you are just making me chuckle.

Which probably means it's time for your mashed banana and your third scheduled injection of the day.

Good day to you.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Rods From God and Thor's Hammer are great on paper, but they found pretty quickly in small scale testing that they make great reading material, bit not so great weapons. Unless they were very precisely built, they tended to veer off target. And they don't do a massive amount of damage to allow for them t to be off target. We have the capability to build them, but there is better technology out there so no point in building them.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

I don't do drug's unfortunately but I think that is actually good advice for that lil kim guy don't you.
Now why have you triggered memory's of cheech and chong's up in smoke.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Not to disagree too much, you certainly know a hell of a lot more than me but they can guide a bullet these days as you know.
newatlas.com...
So with fin stabilized guidance system's why can they not guide a kinetic missile to it's target?.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

And there are now much better systems out there, that are much more precise. They don't use a kinetic system, because they no longer need to. Rods were tested and looked at at a time when they didn't have the precision or systems they do now. The thinking of the time was to do a lot of damage, to hit what they were aiming at. That school of thought is no longer necessary.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

And there are now much better systems out there, that are much more precise. They don't use a kinetic system, because they no longer need to. Rods were tested and looked at at a time when they didn't have the precision or systems they do now. The thinking of the time was to do a lot of damage, to hit what they were aiming at. That school of thought is no longer necessary.

Agreed but they still have the potential for stealth delivery and that make's them still viable, more so now than in the past, other system's as you say such as Rail gun's are really just the same principle but with a different delivery system, imparting the inertia at point of launch rather than having to rely on gravity to help accelerate there package onto target.

And God only know's what other technology's they have in there black budget cupboard.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   

The systems that I'm talking about are non kinetic, and extremely low signature. A kinetic weapon has the drawback that the impactdevice is made of heavy metal, which means there is always something left. A non kinetic device leaves a very short time signature that if you don't look for it right away and know what you're looking for, is gone before the fires are out.

There have been persistent rumors that the explosion in North Korea that took out a number of senior scientists and engineers, as well as enriched materials was one of these systems.
edit on 8/11/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Bargain basement Doomsday machine! We can stop bombers, and some missiles. All of N K's nuke tests are underground so how do we stop a radioactive cloud riding the jet stream across the Pacific?? A couple of box cars full of metals, on top of an underground Ike, and we're screwed.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join