It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 times a day does NK's secret weapon fly over the US?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: audubon

Again, I said nothing about a weapon the size of a Tzar bomb. An EMP detonation anywhere in the mainland US would cause such havoc and disarray it would takes months to recover. No communication. No electricity. This is not about the military being prepared it is people like you and me.

The elderly, sick and hospitalized would be the first to go. The first day and the weeks to follow it would only get worse. Lots of medicines need refrigeration. As does food. The US and its average citizen are nowhere near prepared for something like this.

Think what you want. I am simply giving idea for real convesation not whether your beard is green or brown....

People and their cognitive dissonance as to how an EMP would change life as they know it most likely is a hard thing to get people to look at let alone accept the possibility of it ever happening.

Think of those people who are diabetic and can no longer get their meds. Those who have other life threatening illnesses who can no longer get their meds. Grocery stores Pooof gone. No cars. No working sewage. Yea folks, how are you going to flush your toilets let alone draw water? Good God, think of the withdrawal alone of those who will lose their mind that they lost connection to the internet? The zombie apocalypse is no joke. Just watch em when they lose their connection to their hive.

People are worried about nukes when in reality, the biggest threat to the W. World is to take out our power grid.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: LABTECH767
a reply to: matafuchs

the US has most likely had for decades now a dark satellite network consisting of high tech kinetic drop system's capable of dropping hardened kinetic drop rod's onto ground based targets, they would impact like a small tactical nuke but are actually inert and there energy comes from the kinetic force of there impact dropped from orbit like meteorite's,

That's one of the coolest weapons I've heard of. No need for any explosives, just a huge piece of metal dropped from orbit.

Crazy.

It's called Rods from God.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
After a few failed attempts and outcry from other nations that it was a test for ICBM capability the NK's now have a satellite that passes over the US at least 3 times a day. It has been discussed and dismissed by most US officials as an out of control tumbling orb but 2 have now been in orbit for over 4 years and 1 year respectively. The second twice as large as the first.

It was initially claimed by U.S. officials that the satellite was "tumbling in orbit" and that no signals had yet been detected being transmitted from it. However, it was later reported the tumbling had been brought under control and the orbit stabilized.

This means there is communication with the satellite and it can be controlled by NK.

The head of the U.S. Army Space and Missile Defense Command stated that Kwangmyongsong-4 was almost twice as large as Kwangmyongsong-3, and South Korean officials estimated the mass as 200 kilograms (440 lb)

What if our government actually knows that if we do stage any type of attack that these satellites are actually weaponized to detonate an EMP blast over parts of the US and this is what is preventing us from moving forward with a pre-emptive strike? Is the 'threat' of 1000's of weapons pointed at SK being blown out of proportion to cover up a true enemy in our skies?

Track it and take a look Link

As early as 2008 it was known that they had weaponzied warheads.

Eight years ago, in 2008, the CIA's top East Asia analyst publicly stated North Korea successfully miniaturized nuclear warheads for delivery on its Nodong medium-range missile. The Nodong is able to strike South Korea and Japan or, if launched off a freighter, even the United States.

Then as recently as 2015 there were more warnings, and discussions...but still nothing has been done.

On April 7, 2015, at a Pentagon press conference, Admiral William Gortney, then Commander of North American Aerospace Defense (NORAD), responsible for protecting the U.S. from long-range missiles, warned that the intelligence community assesses North Korea's KN-08 mobile ICBM could strike the U.S. with a nuclear warhead. A

nd on October 7, 2015, Gortney again warned the Atlantic Council: "I agree with the intelligence community that we assess that they [North Koreans] have the ability, they have the weapons, and they have the ability to miniaturize those weapons, and they have the ability to put them on a rocket that can range the [U.S.] homeland."

In February and March of 2015, former senior national security officials of the Reagan and Clinton administrations warned that North Korea should be regarded as capable of delivering by satellite a small nuclear warhead, specially designed to make a high-altitude electromagnetic pulse (EMP) attack against the United States. According to the Congressional EMP Commission, a single warhead delivered by North Korean satellite could blackout the national electric grid and other life-sustaining critical infrastructures for over a year—killing 9 of 10 Americans by starvation and societal collapse. Two North Korean satellites, the KMS-3 and KMS-4, presently orbit over the U.S. on trajectories consistent with surprise EMP attack

Link to Article

An EMP strike on ANY part of the US would cripple the infrastructure and cause such chaos in our own country it would leave our troops around the globe extremely exposed. Taking out part of a power grid. No cell phones. Limited communication except by those in the government who would be protected.

As the days seem to tick away to what seems to be an eventual conflict with a threat to Guam this could be the ace in the hole that NK is holding over the head of the US.

If they do fire on Guam the US will have no other option other than to, as was stated by the POTUS, show him the full might of the US military. Do I want this, no, but when it is on the horizon the time for talk is over and some action must be taken.

Just for your info, I started a thread back in 2013 called.......... "N. Korean satellite orbits over U.S".......please look up on ATS search engine and take a look.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

And if this happens, how many of those in the dark will know what really happened? How many will blame Planet X?

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: underwerks
That's one of the coolest weapons I've heard of. No need for any explosives, just a huge piece of metal dropped from orbit.

Crazy.

It's called Rods from God.

And it's completely fictional, and the source you've linked explains why it is a ludicrously impractical idea that would cost huge amounts and require a delivery system the size of a space station. And to cap it all, the super-genius behind the scheme is Jerry Pournelle, who was the main driving force for the failed "Star Wars" project that earned the USA's 40th President the nickname "Raygun"!

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

It is a very old idea and in the past the problem was that these launch facility's would have to be truly huge but with the advent of superconducting magnetic technology's and a few other trick's they are now potentially much smaller, look at the rail gun the US navy is demonstrating and remember that this is now extremely old technology and what they really have in testing now is probably very much far more advanced, that is basically a weapon version of the same principle, propel an object using magnetic field's to an extremely high speed and fire it, now imagine that scaled up, with a longer to payload acceleration system to allow a slightly slower acceleration and for the sake of more delicate payload's and you can see were they probably took this decades ago, the idea is actually one of the oldest launch idea's and was even speculated on as an alternative to rocket technology by early science fiction author's and scientists alike before sputnik was even launched.

Kinetic drop rod's also are a very old principle, likely they are a heavy metal core with a high temperature casing to prevent burn up and finned tails to help guidance as they drop onto a target, they may even use depleted uranium cores to enhance there impact damage and they in principle do not even need those orbiting platform as they can actually be launched from those same facility's on there own with probably almost as good accuracy given today's technology's.

link   

originally posted by: Hellmutt

And if this happens, how many of those in the dark will know what really happened? How many will blame Planet X?

Will it matter?

Here is one for ya. How many people will be taking out their aluminum T fal pans to try and cook their food over a fire to only discover their pans will melt? Cast iron BABY!

Don't take your cozy life for granted, because the western world has been conditioned to be soft just for the reasons I am mentioning.
edit on 11-8-2017 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

link   
Mata. You present an interesting supposition here. It makes me wonder though. If NK already has this technology in place in orbit and could basically bring the US to it's knees with an EMP, why all the bother about developing a nuclear
missile.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   

No. Only if it was the other way around. If something else caused an EMP and NK gets the blame for it. But you're right, it won't really matter.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Are people really worried that the country whose rocket launches, up until recently, made Wile E. Coyote look like a genius are also masters of space-based warfare? The Norks were lucky they were even able to get those satellites in orbit.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Good question. It feel is not about bringing the country to its knees as much as disruption. You only need one. As far as building nukes I feel that is about projection and protection of the NK itself.

Basically you hold someone hostage while you continue to move forward with a weapon system that would allow you on a world stage to truly not complain but demand actions or results for your country. Until now it was about shelling Seoul. Now, being armed with nukes, they are in a position to threaten anyone who would attempt to subvert them.

My wonder has always been why is China is waiting for the NK to arm themselves but one needs to only look at the bases that they have created already so that when the SHTF it will allow them to continue there outward expansion in the name of securing their own borders and citizens.

There is no good outcome for NK but there is room for expansion with China.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Think of those people who are diabetic and can no longer get their meds. Those who have other life threatening illnesses who can no longer get their meds.

The Republicans would be ecstatic just think of all the money that would be saved if welfare and SS recipients dropped dead.

The zombie apocalypse is no joke.

You're right it isn't but it started when the first cell phone was released to the public.

Yea folks, how are you going to flush your toilets let alone draw water?

The same way we did for thousands of years with a bucket and rope?

Just watch em when they lose their connection to their hive.

It should be a blast. You reap what you sow.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: audubon

Yeah, yeah and the US does not have a hyper-sonic plane nicknamed aurora or flying saucer technology or nuclear technology or a place called silicon valley (that sold out to the Chinese for profit margin's) or an automotive industry, everything is deniable especially if you don't believe in it, that however does not make it false and that technology was not invented by the guy you name, the version you are talking about is MASS DRIVER technology which is actually not science fiction, basically you propel a piece of rock or a metal at high velocity - drive it in the direction of a target and the kinetic energy does the rest.
It is also useful as a space propulsion system with various ideas that sound very dirty to us down here such as using exposed nuclear reactors to vaporize material from say an asteroid, this vaporized (Exploding - turned to high pressure gas) material is then directed through a nozzle to provide vectored thrust, the idea is you drop a small device containing basically this, a drilling apparatus to mine the asteroid and feed this open reactor the material which is to be turned into a plasma gas by it's extreme heat and a guidance system to aim the nozzle and direct that thrust to move that asteroid to a place were you can more profitably mine it, the downside is it is dirty, radioactively dirty.

Kinetic drop rod's were explored by both the US and the USSR as far back as the 70's so predate Reagan's SDI as a proposed method of weaponize space and they do not require a huge space station at all, in fact that all depend's on how many you want to launch from a given orbital location as the satellite itself can even contain just one, it has it's own engines and can expend the last of it's fuel accelerating toward the target before disgorging it's kinetic drop rod which is of course hardened to survive reentry unlike the rest of the device, expensive but hey when you are throwing around trillions not actually impractical at all.

edit on 11-8-2017 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

Think of those people who are diabetic and can no longer get their meds. Those who have other life threatening illnesses who can no longer get their meds.

The Republicans would be ecstatic just think of all the money that would be saved if welfare and SS recipients dropped dead.

The zombie apocalypse is no joke.

You're right it isn't but it started when the first cell phone was released to the public.

Yea folks, how are you going to flush your toilets let alone draw water?

The same way we did for thousands of years with a bucket and rope?

Just watch em when they lose their connection to their hive.

It should be a blast. You reap what you sow.

The fact that you still think there is a difference between the 2 parties is quite laughable Buster! I don't think it will matter in the event of an EMP, do you?

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   

If we're doomed, we're doomed.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

We knew Obama was a huge sissy.

Many people are calling Trump a loose cannon.

It would have been in North Korea's best interests to EMP the US under Obama. He would have done diddly-squat. Maybe written an angry letter. Or wagged his finger.

NOT under a Trump administration. Trump will go psycho-batsh#t crazy on your ass. EMP the US now and Trump will be like that old college girlfriend who just could not handle being dumped.

Scary.

So it's okay folks.

Relax.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: slapjacks

What if our government actually knows that if we do stage any type of attack that these satellites are actually weaponized to detonate an EMP blast over parts of the US and this is what is preventing us from moving forward with a pre-emptive strike? Is the 'threat' of 1000's of weapons pointed at SK being blown out of proportion to cover up a true enemy in our skies?

That would cause chaos.

In other words, I would assume that if we did launch a strike against kimmy, we'd probably go after the satellite first, as a precautionary measure.

I don't see why we can't take out those satellites now. Before things really get out of hand.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Trump is doing his best to let NK know that he won't listen to any calming voices if Kimmy attacks Americans.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Under Obama drones killed more people than any other president.

Granted he was no stellar military mind. But I don't know if sissy is accurate.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

I have always heard from the people on these boards
that the US has been prepared for emp attacks since
the 80s. I think at this point it would be more effective
to take down one or all 3 of our electrical hubs with
explosives.

In any case I have been ready for a SHTF event for 12
years now. I have a spot deep in a near by natural forest
already set up for me with 4-6 months of food and all kinds
of other needed items.