It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YouTube Personality FPS Russia Arrested

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   
This guy has had legal issues before, and now he is in hot water again:

So far, there is no confirmation from official sources on why he spent time in jail, although AR15.com users claim to know why. FPSRussia (Kyle Meyers) admitted to spending a couple days in jail in his subreddit. He has made the news in the past for previously being in trouble with the feds.

If unconfirmed internet speculation is true, in Georgia possession of even small amounts of marijuana plant or any amount of other kinds of marijuana products that are not plant material, such as THC oil, is a felony. In addition to being prohibited from purchasing or possessing firearms as a felon, he would be prohibited from buying guns in accordance with 18 USC 922(g)(3). Even if an attorney can plea the charge to something lesser, he could still be a prohibited possessor under federal law, if he is convicted of an offense that could carry a sentence of more than two years. And, of course, if he pleads guilty to any drug related offense, he would be barred from buying guns, no matter how minor the offense.
This should serve as a reminder to the rest of us that there is no tolerance for marijuana at the federal level. Regardless of your personal beliefs on the subject, marijuana is legal for recreational use in a few states and legal for medicinal use in several more. But that status is not recognized by the federal government and they do consider even having a medical marijuana card to be “reasonable cause to believe” that a person is an unlawful user of or addicted to a controlled substance. And that matters to you, even if you don’t use marijuana because if you allow a friend or family member to have access to a firearm when you reasonably ought to know that they have a medical marijuana card, you are violating federal law. Be careful out there, folks. Oh, and have nice day.

Regardless of our opinions on the guy (I think he is a bonehead that had some really nice toys) , I think that the reminder posted in the article about federal law and no tolerance to marijuana infractions is an important one to heed.

The Firearm Blog

Link to AR15.com page with post about rumored reason for his arrest.
edit on b000000312017-08-11T10:03:30-05:0010America/ChicagoFri, 11 Aug 2017 10:03:30 -05001000000017 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Did he have any alcohol in his possession? because thats a far greater danger

You're right it's dumb for him to get caught since his job is guns and YouTube

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   

The worst part is it is all over a political strategy by Nixon.. not what ANYONE thought was best for society..

One of nixons brass gave an interview and admitted his administration had intentionally villianized both hippies and blacks because they were his major opposition.

The started the war on drugs specifically to give felonies to as many hippies and blacks as they could to demonized them in the culture and give them felonies to remove their voting rights..

Then regan came behind that and decided that no one would snitch on their dealer if the penalty for possession was only only 6 months. So they increased it TEN FOLD..

Now any minor possession carries at least 5 years..

Imho that is literally the definition of cruel and unusual..giving people 10 times the penalty everyone previously agreed was fair..

The war on drugs has caused about half the problems we have today..

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

Did he have any alcohol in his possession? because thats a far greater danger

You're right it's dumb for him to get caught since his job is guns and YouTube

Definitely agree on the alcohol point.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

The worst part is it is all over a political strategy by Nixon.. not what ANYONE thought was best for society..

One of nixons brass gave an interview and admitted his administration had intentionally villianized both hippies and blacks because they were his major opposition.

The started the war on drugs specifically to give felonies to as many hippies and blacks as they could to demonized them in the culture and give them felonies to remove their voting rights..

Then regan came behind that and decided that no one would snitch on their dealer if the penalty for possession was only only 6 months. So they increased it TEN FOLD..

Imho that is literally the definition of cruel and unusual..giving people 10 times the penalty everyone previously agreed was fair..

I take the same stand on drugs as I do for for a woman's right to choose.
Who other than myself has any right to tell me what to do with regards to my own body?

But the law is what it is, and I would urge any gun owners to remember that what you do can adversely affect your constitutional rights... even if the law is unconstitutional in your opinion.
edit on b000000312017-08-11T10:14:40-05:0010America/ChicagoFri, 11 Aug 2017 10:14:40 -05001000000017 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
This guy has had legal issues before, and now he is in hot water again:

So far, there is no confirmation from official sources on why he spent time in jail, although AR15.com users claim to know why. FPSRussia (Kyle Meyers) admitted to spending a couple days in jail in his subreddit. He has made the news in the past for previously being in trouble with the feds.

If unconfirmed internet speculation is true, in Georgia possession of even small amounts of marijuana plant or any amount of other kinds of marijuana products that are not plant material, such as THC oil, is a felony. In addition to being prohibited from purchasing or possessing firearms as a felon, he would be prohibited from buying guns in accordance with 18 USC 922(g)(3). Even if an attorney can plea the charge to something lesser, he could still be a prohibited possessor under federal law, if he is convicted of an offense that could carry a sentence of more than two years. And, of course, if he pleads guilty to any drug related offense, he would be barred from buying guns, no matter how minor the offense.
This should serve as a reminder to the rest of us that there is no tolerance for marijuana at the federal level. Regardless of your personal beliefs on the subject, marijuana is legal for recreational use in a few states and legal for medicinal use in several more. But that status is not recognized by the federal government and they do consider even having a medical marijuana card to be “reasonable cause to believe” that a person is an unlawful user of or addicted to a controlled substance. And that matters to you, even if you don’t use marijuana because if you allow a friend or family member to have access to a firearm when you reasonably ought to know that they have a medical marijuana card, you are violating federal law. Be careful out there, folks. Oh, and have nice day.

Regardless of our opinions on the guy (I think he is a bonehead that had some really nice toys) , I think that the reminder posted in the article about federal law and no tolerance to marijuana infractions is an important one to heed.

The Firearm Blog

Link to AR15.com page with post about rumored reason for his arrest.

Problem is he never purchased any of the guns shown....He was sponsored by a rich guy who actually owned most the guns he shot. As he got bigger in fame gun companies started contacting him to test fire their new weapons...Granted he probably owned some guns but no where near the number reflected in the FPS Russia videos. Now the guy who's farm all this was filmed on and the actual owner of the guns was recently murdered execution style with a shot to the back of the head....funny part was nothing was missing from his house where he was murdered...including A LOT of guns!!

They obviously have some strange connections...

LINK

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

Yeah, I am very suspicious of what his connection with the murder may have been, I have to think that he was involved.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

That's crazy. There's definitely something shady going on here.

I've been watching them for years. The videos where they froze the glock in ice, put it in an oven, and shot it with a .45 changed my mind about glocks.

Who knows what connections the guy that was murdered had. The gun world at the level this guy was at is filled with ex-military and shady people.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

Nothing dangerous about FPS Russia.
He should stick with CBD, or as I call it, 'flavoring'.
edit on 11 8 2017 by Kester because: punctuation

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   
His armed drone was the bomb!
Coolest weapon ever invented.
I like the fake Russian accent, I think he's pretty decent.
Georgia sucks for weed laws.
Is that where he works?

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
His armed drone was the bomb!
Coolest weapon ever invented.
I like the fake Russian accent, I think he's pretty decent.
Georgia sucks for weed laws.
Is that where he works?

Not to disappoint you or anything, but that drone was fake.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   
NOOOOooooooo
one of my favourite youtube celebrities!

your drug laws and the sentences suck!
each to there own. my body I’ll do with it what i want!
pathetic. and yes ALCOHOL much bigger problem than pot.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   
All he has to do is move to another country. screw not being able to use your Weapons.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

It's not only not being able to use your own weapons... If you become a "prohibited person" you can't own, use, or possess and or sometimes even have ready acces to both firearms AND ammunition!

As a prohibited person you could be arrested and jailed for even shooting a couple popcans with a buddy's 22!

Even worse though, is he could go to jail for Letting you shoot them popcans!

This stuff is no joke, and what's even more infuriating is the atf defunded and transferred all the employees out of the office that could review and overturn your prohibited person status over a decade ago!

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: turbo8

You could totally build yourself one if you really wanted to these days for shockingly little cash...

I've actually really seriously considered putting together a miniature 1919 browning or something to mount to my subscale diy UGV in it's current incarnation so i can start working out thibgs i need to work out before i build the full scale versions.

The full scale versions will be capable of taking and effectively employing anything between mark 46 / M249 on the low side all the way on up to 1300-1500 rpm 12.7x99 (50 caliber m2 hmg's basically) / mark 19 or mark 47 etc type 40x53mm automatic grenade launchers on the high side. (In addition to a sort of miniaturized version of afv/mbt defensive aids like smoke grenades etc and a variety of fairly light HE options with trajectories suitable for high angle and or direct fire as well as at least a limited Ability to effectively utilize "smart" munitions)

The entire vehicle is going to start out as primarily manned or remote operated system where the operator must be within fairly close proximity to it preferably maintaining a direct line of sight between the machine and the transceiver.

Over time though i will be integrating more and more autonomous functionality and capabilities, however to keep prices, complexity, maintenance, and vulnerability of the system down especially at first I've very consciously not pushed things quite as far as i technically could...

The other big issue of course is that I'm learning as i go about machine learning machine vision and a bunch of other fun stuff which has made several of my prototypes commit accidental suicide while showing off their stupid robot trix!! Heh...

Oh yeah, my robot doesn't fly either... Well unless you count the bitchin ballistic trajectories i get it to take off some of the ramps at tbe local bmx park...

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Well im happy to tell you that the unconfirmed Internet speculation in which are referring is BS weed is a misdemeanor..

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

I take the same stand on drugs as I do for for a woman's right to choose.
Who other than myself has any right to tell me what to do with regards to my own body?

While that approach is typically ascribed to "classical liberalism" it really is a pretty hardcore conservative stance and I agree with ou 100%. Provided nobody's personal proclivities impact my personal life/space, I really don't care what you do and since you're the only one who will reap the rewards or repercussions of your personal actions it
Isn't my place to pass judgement.

But the law is what it is, and I would urge any gun owners to remember that what you do can adversely affect your constitutional rights... even if the law is unconstitutional in your opinion.

I find this advice very apropos. One of the biggest benefits of buying property in Maine was the friendly 2nd Amendment attitude here and access too medical options not available where I live. Making it legal on a recreational level was after I had already bought the property so it's just an added bonus. But if it impacts my ability to own and build firearms or to easily obtain a C&R license then I need to heed the above advice very carefully. I guess the real benefit of this transition is that it's recreationally available now and not just medically so there's no medical card or anything to tie me to but still, caution is the best policy here if I want to maintain access to my 2A rights.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: roguetechie

It's not only not being able to use your own weapons... If you become a "prohibited person" you can't own, use, or possess and or sometimes even have ready acces to both firearms AND ammunition!

As a prohibited person you could be arrested and jailed for even shooting a couple popcans with a buddy's 22!

Even worse though, is he could go to jail for Letting you shoot them popcans!

This stuff is no joke, and what's even more infuriating is the atf defunded and transferred all the employees out of the office that could review and overturn your prohibited person status over a decade ago!

Notice i said move OUTSIDE the US so thir law does not hold sway anymore.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Ok so ... Where exactly outside the U.S.?

Keep in mind between gun control policies most other places AND his conviction for drug possession in the US it's very likely he now cannot legally emigrate to the overwhelming majority of countries a white American would even be safe going to!

Additionally, he's absolutely not getting his weapons out of the US legally and getting more than one or two small ones out illegally is not actually feasible!

In other words, the "solution" you've proposed is nothing of the sort because it's not even remotely doable without a net worth of well north of $10 million USD AFTER uncle sugar thoroughly taxes the crap out of every asset, any cash, and even items with monetary value you attempt to leave the country with!

Basically, he's f***ed and his only real value at this point is as an object lesson to the rest of us.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: roguetechie

HEres what I would do. Sell my weapons"to someone I know who will sell them back to me" perfectly legal.
Move to a non extradition country. have said friend ship said weapons to said country. All legal since US law does not extend out of Our jurisdiction. Do this one weapon at a time or a few at a time.

There I skirted the law on a felon having a weapon and getting them without being a rich man.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join