It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Submarine UC3 Nautilus Sank Today. Female Reporter Is Missing

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:
(post by burgerbuddy removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Peter Madsen apparently had a bad day in court today...

Peter Madsen Trial: Day 6 recap as defence offers damp squib

March 27th, 2018

One thing has become pretty clear today: Peter Madsen doesn’t have much of a defence.

Of his eight witnesses, five took to the stand today in Courtroom 60, and none of them did his case any good.

Two were sea-farers who waved at him, another changed his mind to deliver a damning testimony, and the ‘star witness’ saw his opinion, in which he maintained Madsen had a good excuse for keeping an onboard saw, shredded by the prosecution.

Given there were just as many witnesses for the defence as the prosecution (which has 29 in total), this should have been the submariner’s day. It wasn’t.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hellmutt
a reply to: Pitou

I don't know what the maximum sentence is in Denmark. I guess it might be similar to Norway.

On 22 July 2011, Anders Behring Breivik murdered 77 people and injured over 300 in a terror attack in Norway. He was sentenced to 21 years of preventive detention in prison, the maximum sentence allowed in Norway.

21 YEARS, thats all...please tell me they have other ways to keep him locked up.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Yes.

If the prisoner is still considered dangerous after serving the original sentence, the detention can be extended by five years at a time. Renewal of the detention every five years can in theory result in actual life imprisonment. Preventive detention is used when the prisoner is deemed a danger to society and there is a great chance of his committing violent crimes in the future.[2] However, after the minimum time period has elapsed, the offender can petition for parole once every year, and this may be granted if it is determined that he is no longer a danger to society.

Life imprisonment in Norway

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Key points from the trial after seven days. Swedish source in english. I can't quote it all, so visit the link to read the whole thing.

After seven days: key points from Peter Madsen’s trial

The prosecution aims to present Madsen as a sexual sadist who murdered Kim Wall as part of a sexual fantasy.

Madsen denies being sexually aroused by the videos, saying he watched them because he has a fascination for all things and that he “always took the side of the weaker part”.

Buch-Jepsen also tried to prove that Madsen attempted to bring other, ostensibly random, women onto the submarine in the days leading up to August 10th.

He called the woman in July, but she didn’t answer. He then sent her an invite by SMS on August 8th. She declined the invitation and said in court that she found it strange that she was invited without her friend, since they had been together the only time she had met Madsen.

The texts show that Madsen and one of the women discussed tying up the second woman in the submarine before doing something “kinky” with her, DR reports.

One of the women wrote to the other on August 11th: “The day before [the submarine trip with Wall, ed.], Peter and me were writing about how we want to make a snuff film with you in the submarine.”

Neither the cause of death nor the motive was established by police, but investigators believe Madsen either strangled Wall or cut her throat.

Examination of her body showed repeated stab wounds in the genital area.

The prosecution has said it will seek a life sentence, which in Denmark averages around 16 years, or safe custody (forvaring in Danish), a legal alternative which would keep him behind bars indefinitely as long as he is deemed dangerous.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Live trial coverage.

LIVE: Kim Wall suspect's Google searches revealed

WARNING: Trial coverage features graphic content

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Verdict nears

The pathologist found no signs of carbon monoxide poisoning. The exact time or cause of death has not been determined. "The verdict is due on Wednesday."...

‘Everyone is following it’: millions gripped by Kim Wall murder trial as verdict nears

22 Apr 2018

Submarine builder Peter Madsen Googled ‘beheading’ and ‘girl’ the night before cutting off journalist’s head, Danish court is told

The interest has also been international. The court had to open a special room with a video link to accommodate more than 115 journalists from 15 countries, drawn by the unusual suspect, with his rocket-building projects, and the macabre circumstances of Wall’s death on his submarine.

Cross-examined on how and why he cut off Wall’s arms, legs and head, Madsen initially appeared subdued, calling it “a very, very traumatic event, which I do not want to describe”. Eventually he admitted he had no idea why it had been necessary to cut off Wall’s head to remove her body from the submarine.

The fact that forensic pathologists have been unable to determine the exact time or cause of Wall’s death could also be a problem for the prosecution. However, Mette Grith Stage, who has defended some of Denmark’s most high-profile murderers, told the Observer that the defence faced “an uphill struggle”. “It doesn’t make it any easier when he has all this material on his computer,” she said.

The forensic pathologist found no signs of carbon monoxide poisoning on Wall’s body, and determined that some of her wounds were inflicted when she was alive, or very shortly after death, rather than many hours later, as Madsen claims.

The verdict is due on Wednesday.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   
From the court today:

Kim Wall murder suspect Peter Madsen tells judge 'I'm very sorry'

Defence: "My client doesn't have to prove, that he didn't do what he is charged with. The prosecutor has to prove that he did without reasonable doubt."

PeterMadsen's defence of charge of sexual assault without intercourse: "If there's no proof, Wall was alive (red. when she was stabbed), he has to be acquitted." (A charge of sexual assault without intercourse requires that the victim is alive)

Madsen's defence reminds the court of the saying: "It is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

"Look at how many people are following this case. Everyone has an interest in criminal cases. In that way, Peter Madsen doesn't stand out from the rest of the Danish population," the defence tells the court

PeterMadsen's defence is showing the court images from video games as Grand Theft Auto (GTA). Shows a shot from GTA of a woman who has been murdered with a hammer, saying that it's not much different from what was found on Madsen's computer

"If one planned on murdering a woman, would you show the whole world 'look at me, here I am in my submarine with a woman'?" Madsen's defence attorney asks the court. Pictures were taken of Madsen and Wall as they waved from Nautilus

PeterMadsen's defence requests that he is acquitted of the charges of murder and sexual abuse without intercourse as there is no certain cause of death and as it is not certain if Wall was alive when she was stabbed, defence tells the court

Madsen's defence is presenting previous cases where defendants were charged with murder and abuse of a corpse, getting a maximum of 12 years in prison

The judge asked Madsen if he had any last words, Madsen said: "I'm very very sorry"

These were just a few quotes. Please visit the link to read more.

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Peter Madsen has been found guilty of murder, dismemberment and indecent handling of a corpse, and has been sentenced to life in prison. Life in prison averages to 16 years in prison, but he might be released after 12 years.

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Hellmutt

At least he was found guilty. I am not sure how ut would go otherwise.

I hope he us confined for the full 16 years, even though that seems like too little time.

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 08:44 AM
link   
He can ask for parole after 12 years. That doesn't mean he'll get it though.

She was bound, stabbed and sexually abused++ while alive. Then beheaded (probable cause of death), dismembered and thrown at sea (with a chained torso). All this without showing a grain of empathy.

My money is on no parole. Ever.

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   
What kind of human being befriends another.
Gets to know the person gaining trust. And
all the while is without empathy seeing her
her victimized by the horrors in his head? All
in a devious plan so beyond obsessive by it's
lack of planning after the fact. I mean its like
this idiot was so engulfed with carrying out his
own personal twisted freak show (likely his
only reason for building the sub initially). That
he didn't even care about getting away with it
once perpetrated. He is so lacadaiscal in
hiding his diabolical crime. That it's clearly all
he cared about. And then he says he's sorry?
Sorry is just an excuse to do it again! Hopefully
the prison pop he lands in is the same as most.
So intolerant of sick minds he doesn't last one
time on the yard in general pop. Human rainbirds
by shank o matic!

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Peter Madsen will not appeal the guilty verdict, but he does appeal the life sentence.

Peter Madsen guilty verdict will not be appealed at high court

7 May 2018

A high court appeal case against Danish amateur engineer Peter Madsen will relate to the sentence, but not the verdict.

Madsen wants a milder sentence than the lifetime imprisonment he was given at Copenhagen City Court last month for the premeditated murder of Swedish journalist Kim Wall on board his privately-built submarine.

Dae

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Thanks for the update!

But grrr this man should be locked up now, forever. How dare he appeal against anything! How many times did he change his story, how much money and time is he wasting? He needs to be rotting away in a cell already.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Funeral

Kim Wall's funeral was performed Friday, 1 June 2018. It was a private ceremony.

Nu er Kim Wall blevet bisat: 'Det var flot og intimt' (in Danish)

I could not find it in English.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 08:20 AM
link   

First of all thanks for the updates, I've got two daughters not much younger than Miss Walls,I can not imagined her parents and family's anguish over her torture and murder. My prayers go out to them.

I also can not understand this paragraph taken from an article on this case.

When Judge Anette Burkø arrived in the courtroom, everyone stood up, following Danish court tradition, and she immediately began reading the unanimous verdict, handing down an When Judge Anette Burkø arrived in the courtroom, everyone stood up, following Danish court tradition, and she immediately began reading the unanimous verdict, handing down an unusually strong life-sentence while onlookers were still standing. while onlookers were still standing.

I understand that we need rehabilitation in a some of cases, but to think any society is capable of making every murderer safe to return to the general population is extremely unrealistic. Some people are beyond help, some are so clever or evil they can appear normal,but still be an extreme threat to innocent people if given the chance. Yes I know his appeal will likely be denied as will his parole in 12 years. But just the thought of a man so heinous walking free some day, irks me. If this case isn't a slam dunk I can only imagined the cases where people are murdered under less brutal condition that are getting out and labeled cured,when they too might also be a immediate danger. It is so short sighted and slightly arrogant to think it is within our capabilities to know with 100 percent reliability we can guarantee innocent peoples safety from these convicted murderers. It's almost like well we don't have a death penalty and keep them all locked up so lets gamble and let some of them out after awhile.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Penpal

Peter Madsen is bored in prison. He's asking for penpals. A year ago today, he murdered Kim Wall.

Peter Madsen søger pennevenner fra fængslet (in Danish)

Vil skrive til Peter Madsen i fængslet: 'Alle fortjener en chance til' (in Danish)

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Peter Madsen Attacked In Prison

Peter Madsen has been attacked in prison. He wants to move to another prison, and his lawyer is trying right now to make it happen.

(45 minutes ago) : Peter Madsen vil flyttes til Herstedvester (in Danish)

(2 hours ago) : Peter Madsen overfaldet i fængslet (in Danish)

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Peter Madsen Prison Transfer

Peter Madsen's wish is granted. He'll be transfered to another prison, Herstedvester. 95 percent of the prisoners in this prison are men.

Efter överfallet – Madsen flyttas från lyxfängelset (in Swedish)

Fängelset dit Madsen vill förflyttas är en helt annan typ av fängelse. Där sitter några av Danmarks värsta brottslingar, bland annat sexmördare. Ett flertal av de 150 fångarna i Herstedvester uppges ha personlighetsstörningar och får psykiatrisk behandling.

Google translated:

The prison where Madsen wants to move is a completely different type of prison. There are some of Denmark's worst criminals, including sex killers. A number of the 150 prisoners in Herstedvester are reported to have personality disorders and receive psychiatric treatment.

Dae

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Sound like he wants to be among more of his own kind, to be around people who will appreciate his story and not beat him up for it.

You know what would be amazing punishment? To be able to his memory everything in between Kim getting on the sub and his arrest. Imagine that! Serving sentence for a crime you can't remember anymore, take away that precious memory and the ability to share it.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join