It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This will become known as "The Great North Korean Missile Crisis"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Greetings ATS Readers,

This will become known as the "Great North Korean Missile Crisis". If it hasn't already.

That is of course, if it doesn't somehow go pear shaped into WW3 somehow. And nobody will be around to remember anything.Ha!

A little history on North Korea...to help understand how we got here.

After WW2, it was the United Nations that divided Korea into the two halves. Now, how heavily USA influence into that ruling or decision I don't know; but surely many had hand in that first big bleeding wound to forever fester unto this typing in response and for the unknown future.

If history is any story, or roadmap; from 1953 until now.. for 64 years or there about's; the Korean War was never settled...just a prolonged cease fire thing. So "officially" both governments will have a crappy haughty attitude for that reason alone.

It was actually a result of the breakdown in USA-Russia relations post WW2, and early "Cold War" days.

These were to be the two"parties" that were to "manage" the reunification of Korea post WW2. The Cold War screwed that from ever happening.

Then Kim-Il-Sung, the original "god" of Korea, grandfather of current sociopath running North Korea; declared a "nation" for the divided North Korea, along the dividing 38th parallel and immediately got diplomatic recognition and support from the USSR. That was 1948. by the time 1950 rolled around, things were getting bad. There has been some sort of economic sanctions in place on North Korea since 1950.

Then in 1968, to re-open wounds that "maybe" had begun to scab over; There was the USS Pueblo "incident". That has never set very well with the USA.

Then in 1994, during Bill Clintons term in office... Good Ol' B. Clinton said... "I was determined to prevent North Korea from developing a nuclear arsenal, even at the risk of war.”

Then shortly thereafter a US military helicopter is shot down by North Korea. 1 pilot dead, and 1 pilot held "captive" by North Korea for 13 days.

Then in 1999 this: Bill Clinton gives rocket technology to China

Clinton gives China a huge step up in technology, as in rocket technology. And China gives "it" to it's good buddy North Korea.

Now North Korea is planning to launch 4 missiles over Japan, to "land in the sea" west of Guam very soon.
A "ring of fire" to encircle Guam" with... which has "Guamanians" rightfully very concerned.

There have been numerous tension causing moments over the years with North Korea upsetting South Korea, and the USA, and Japan. And recently the world.

The above history gleaned from such links as : North-Korea-USA Relations and other historical timelines.

5 days ago the UN Security Council voted unanimously against North Korea, and added over a Billion $'s in sanctions.

In response to Trump's "fire and fury" words...which had been provoked by North Korea saying something (prior to Trump's "fire and fury" speech), similar in destructive terms towards the USA.

So let's say Jungle Kim, the current sociopath running NK... decides to shoot these 4 missiles to "land in the sea" near Guam???? Over Japan.... and belly flop into the sea off Guam. What if they don't belly flop into the sea? What if Guam gets whacked?

Should the USA attempt to shoot down any missiles that go that direction? Or wait to see in the last 60 seconds or so of flight if they will hit Guam or not? By then it would be too late to shoot them down.

This NK & USA pissing match has gone on since the "peace talks" in 1953.

The abilities of North Korea are probably a lot less stable than the Cuban Missile Crisis was. This will become known as the "Great North Korean Missile Crisis".

Let's hope we can narrowly avoid another brush with terrible destruction.

When governments are involved, and no one can "back down" for saving political face and facade..in a national ego match that has gone on since 1953....

A military entanglement seems almost a sure thing soon... or at least that is what the news media are saying.. and for once they might not be "fake news"-ing it.

It isn't just Trump talking war... Bill Clinton and other President's have mentioned it over the years.

It is a situation that has been left on the back burner and never attended to properly. Now it is boiling over and someone has to deal with it. But how, and who?

Will it get "physical" and fiery and furious? If so, will China remain on the sidelines and go with it's Security Council vote. Or will China weigh in on North Korea's side again. Perhaps even militarily?

Is it time for the great culling to begin?

If there is a strike, let's hope it is quick, precise, and done perfectly, or else it will get very messy fast. Oh heck, let's face it, it would get messy no matter what.. who am I trying to kid right?

I think it will be the USA can protect Guam, but don't "invade" North Korea. Does that mean it's ok to bomb them into the stone age, or what?

A lot of "backroom talks" are surely being relayed between USA, China, and Russia as this is being written.. or at least one would hope they are all talking to each other.

There are those who want a conflict to take place. And in this instance anyhow, I don't think it matters who is/was President of the USA.

This loggerheads was bound to rear it's head and need to be dealt with.

Pravdaseeker
edit on 11-8-2017 by pravdaseeker because: typo

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: pravdaseeker

Thanks for the quick history lesson.

Jungle Kim is a new one, lol.

I don't know what to make of all of this, except that war seems imminent..

Hold on folks..

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Like I said in another NK thread, if the missiles fly over Japan, every single one will face an attempted intercept before they reach Japan.

If all are intercepted successfully? Who knows, but I would assume lil kim wouldn't remain in power much longer.

If some get past Japan? I would imagine a retaliatory strike would be launched before they reach their target, regardless of whether it's water or land.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I can't help but refer to the current North Korean leader as "Jungle Kim"... kinda wild and a bit unpredictable that boy is..

Pravdaseeker

a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Should we continue ignoring his daily threats against us, or should we take them dead serious and act? The answer to that will determine whether there's going to be a war or not.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 12:39 AM
link   

I usually don't read posts that are bigger than my screen, but yours was written so well, I enjoyed reading and scrolling down to the last word. And I learned a lot! Thank-you PravDaSeeker.

Hopefully, NK will take the first swing. We can then punch back in defense. I worry that hitting North Korea based solely on threats and perceived threats, will cause hatred of America. Even if we simply took out missile sites, Kim Jong would gas one of his villages and say that our strikes killed all those women and children we'll see on TV, curled up in the streets.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Greetings and thank you,

I thought it might be a good idea to give a timeline of incidents over the years. there were others as well. Even a couple of US Army personnel who were killed with axes whilst doing tree clearing duty in the DMZ...

Always seems "something" was keeping it very heated or contested over the years.

Pravdaseekera reply to: carewemust

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 12:53 AM
link   

The U.S. must up the ante:

Send Dennis Rodman and Tommy Lee.

Show Kim a real partyin good time, and all this war nonsense will be forgotten.
edit on 11-8-2017 by CreationBro because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 12:53 AM
link   

USA gives nothing to nobody. It sells. Correct yourself.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I am afraid you might be right there... I just hate to see another war get going somewhere, as if we don't have enough of them already?

Pravdaseeker

a reply to: Vector99

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Ha! Pretty good one there!

Only if it were so simple eh?

Pravdaseeker

a reply to: CreationBro

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 12:56 AM
link   
yea, sure. and the saintly us of a just mind their own business and NK just randomly make threats... for years...

you forgot to include the part where the US vehemently wanted a unified Korea post WWII, one country. what would be a failed prelude in contrast to Vietnam.

this propaganda mirrors the tripe little Kimmi spews to his people even...

edit on 11-8-2017 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 01:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: pravdaseeker
I am afraid you might be right there... I just hate to see another war get going somewhere, as if we don't have enough of them already?

Pravdaseeker

a reply to: Vector99

I would imagine it would be a limited retaliatory strike more to send a message, and a phone call to China saying "do something now or we will". Then it's up to China to leash the dog before the US unleashes on the dog.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 01:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
yea, sure. and the saintly us of a just mind their own business and NK just randomly make threats... for years...

you forgot to include the part where the US vehemently want a unified Korea post WWII, one country. what would be a failed prelude in contrast to Vietnam.

Got it. Let North Korea use nukes and don't do anything about it, or even try to stop them.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I thought I did mention that the USA and Russia were to manage the reunification of the two halves of Korea...I thought folks knew the USA always wanted it reunited.. otherwise why be involved in the reunification deal/process in the first place? sorry that wasn't mentioned..Ha!

Pravdaseeker

a reply to: odzeandennz

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone

originally posted by: odzeandennz

you forgot to include the part where the US vehemently want a unified Korea post WWII, one country. what would be a failed prelude in contrast to Vietnam.

Got it. Let North Korea use nukes and don't do anything about it, or even try to stop them.

got it, great ad hom... great argument. you win, obviously...

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 01:11 AM
link   

I guess the USA gets what the USA wants...
whether the motive is a stronger presence around the south China seas for economic dirty reasons, militaristic reason, or other...

if history teaches us one thing, it's that the ones writing it are never the bad guys...

edit on 11-8-2017 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Definition: Ad hominem (Latin for "to the man" or "to the person"[1]), short for argumentum ad hominem, is in which an argument is rebutted by attacking the character, motive, or other attribute of the person making the argument, or persons associated with the argument, rather than attacking the substance of the argument itself.

originally posted by: 3daysgone

Sorry, but don't you think you "might" be stretching the ad hom thing a bit?

Wow... thine skin is mighty thin don't you reckon?

Pravdaseeker

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Why don't we send a missile like this to help win a few hearts rather than losing more of them.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Since this is all tripe to you I figured I would save you the time and energy of defending North Korea.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join