It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Canada being flooded with refugees from the U.S.?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

I know there was a cap here, not sure with the current govt..I'm guessing it's a free for all, at least temporarily.
The U.S. has 10x's the population so I would assume they take more in than Canada.
edit on 11-8-2017 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-8-2017 by vonclod because: Me no good at spelling

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 06:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Do you mean illegal immigrants to the U.S. are fleeing to Canada?

I guess if they won't return to their own country then making them Canada's problem is fine as long as Trudeau is happy to have them.

How so? I don't think you guys have any right to treat your neighbors like this and need to get on deporting your own problem back to their homes.

edit on 11-8-2017 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 06:11 AM
link   

This from The BBC

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Canada is not flooded with refugees. If I could provide more input on Sinead O'Connor for Canada? In any thread aptly agreeable as a choice?

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

Is Soros the Emperor of all refugees? How does Canada sign an agreement with Soros on behalf of refugees?

We Don't.
edit on 11-8-2017 by Sapphire because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   
A wall you say....

You had your chance

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99

Do you mean illegal immigrants to the U.S. are fleeing to Canada?

I guess if they won't return to their own country then making them Canada's problem is fine as long as Trudeau is happy to have them.

How so? I don't think you guys have any right to treat your neighbors like this and need to get on deporting your own problem back to their homes.

You make an interesting point. You CAN blame the U.S. but, in fact, it's your own policies or at least Trudeau's that's causing this.

Add in in Canada has always abided by International Law which requires nations to accept refugees until the claim for the status is confirmed. It was around a two year process, if I recall correctly.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

Just because they cross the border via the US into Canada, doesn't make them "US refugees". From the article.

“At the heart of it all, is this real, very deep fear. Fear for their lives. Fear for persecution. “At the heart of it all, is this real, very deep fear. Fear for their lives. Fear for persecution. Whether it’s in their home country or the United States, or wherever else they might be coming from,"

Sounds like illegal immigrants are moving further north now. Good luck Canada.

Well, it sounds like Canada is welcoming them so it is a win-win-win for everyone.

I'm a Canadian and I do not see this as a 'win' at all.

So no, not for everyone. And the Soros thing is obvious BS. Truedau simply has no spine.
edit on 11-8-2017 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   
To answer the thread title, yes, it is a flood of refugees. The ones that where able to hide in plain site while the previous US administration verbally extolled their presence and welcomed them to break our laws and enjoy the fruits of the American taxpayer.

All it took was words, not even policy, from our latest president to drastically turn the tide. Imagine that, by stating plainly and clearly to the American people and anyone who wishes to come here illegally, that he will enforce our immigration laws, enforce our borders and deport those that have broken the law. He has pretty much turned the tide. Southern US border crossings have apparently decreased significantly, deportations are up.

Conversely, old toy boy trudue did the exact opposite. Once again, not through policy, by simply opening his mouth and rolling out the red carpet. He basically sent out the message that canadian immigration laws will not be enforced, all are welcome and that the government will give you everything you "deserve".

Now, apparently, there are as many as 500 people a day crossing over AT ONE CHECKPOINT.

The canadian army has been mobilized by the staunch and valiant trudue, to carry their luggage of course.

Have fun canada!
edit on 11-8-2017 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-8-2017 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Nothing could more point out the policies of immigration and refugees needs revision to reflect the current realities.

While I agree with Trump's views of immigration on a merit basis, the human side says we need to do more outside our own country to assist.

While there's lots of room in Canada and still a lot of open areas in the U.S. as well, these people are not going to those 'open spaces'. They collect in our overly populated cities and tax those systems beyond intended limits. Compassion for these folks needs to be balanced with prudence.

Then there's the globalist agenda to deal with as well.....

edit on 11-8-2017 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

This from The BBC

www.bbc.co.uk...

Seems most of the information is coming from outside Canada. Is there much internal media coverage of this?

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

I know there was a cap here, not sure with the current govt..I'm guessing it's a free for all, at least temporarily.
The U.S. has 10x's the population so I would assume they take more in than Canada.

Seems to me that as Canada has 10% of the U.S. population and 1/3 more room, that it should be Canada that takes more immigrants and refugees.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

Seems to me that as Canada has 10% of the U.S. population and 1/3 more room, that it should be Canada that takes more immigrants and refugees.

Seems to me that you, a citizen of another country should not dictate to us how we handle our refugee crisis.

Trudeau is very capable of screwing us over without outside influence.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: nightbringr

Seems to me that you, a citizen of another country should not dictate to us how we handle our refugee crisis.

Wait, wait, wait ... I thought everyone in every other country DID get to dictate how we were supposed to handle our immigrants and refugees, or at least, that how we get lectured on it every time we in the states try to talk about deporting our illegals ...

Everyone in all those other nations talk about how mean and cruel and racist we are.

Guess what? YOUR TURN!!!

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Wait, wait, wait ... I thought everyone in every other country DID get to dictate how we were supposed to handle our immigrants and refugees, or at least, that how we get lectured on it every time we in the states try to talk about deporting our illegals ...

Everyone in all those other nations talk about how mean and cruel and racist we are.

Guess what? YOUR TURN!!!

Haha, touche!

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   

LOL. I merely rebutted YOUR assumption on U.S. immigration numbers. Seeing we're talking 'outside influence', I would hazard to guess you've commented on U.S. issues in your posts. I voiced an opinion/thought, it has no more relevance than that. For discussion purposes only. By the way, I was born and raised in Vancouver and immigrated in '88. I am deeply connected to both nations. I live 150 yards from the border. I have the dubious honor (honour) of being deeply concerned about both countries....sigh.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   
These people are not true refugees.
Definition, refugees are fleeing a country in fear for their safety or lives. They are looking for refuge. According to the UN the first (NOTICE I SAID THE FIRST) safe country they arrive at they should claim asylum and that country, whatever it is, has the legal obligation to process their claim. NO MATTER HOW MANY THERE ARE.
So for these people to cross the US without claiming asylum means they are not true refugees. As to get to Canada they must have crossed the US.
These people are MIGRANT or IMMIGRANTS, whatever term you want to use. Migrants have no right to claim anything from the country they stop in. They must register with the authorities for residence. This process is as different from refugees as chalk and cheese. Can you blame the migrants? Well yes and no. It all depends what they are migrating for. A better life, a softer touch. Do they really want to work or do they want to sponge off a system. But if the authorities do not want them they can deport them.
As refugees the host country has a legal responsibility to look after them till (and this must be stressed) their home country is safe to return to and the host country repatriates them.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
These people are not true refugees.
Definition, refugees are fleeing a country in fear for their safety or lives. They are looking for refuge. According to the UN the first (NOTICE I SAID THE FIRST) safe country they arrive at they should claim asylum and that country, whatever it is, has the legal obligation to process their claim. NO MATTER HOW MANY THERE ARE.
So for these people to cross the US without claiming asylum means they are not true refugees. As to get to Canada they must have crossed the US.
These people are MIGRANT or IMMIGRANTS, whatever term you want to use. Migrants have no right to claim anything from the country they stop in. They must register with the authorities for residence. This process is as different from refugees as chalk and cheese. Can you blame the migrants? Well yes and no. It all depends what they are migrating for. A better life, a softer touch. Do they really want to work or do they want to sponge off a system. But if the authorities do not want them they can deport them.
As refugees the host country has a legal responsibility to look after them till (and this must be stressed) their home country is safe to return to and the host country repatriates them.

Actually, that so-called legal responsibility doesn't apply to a nation that didn't sign onto the World Court. The may 'claim' they have jurisdiction over the U.S.. The U.S. says otherwise. Obama did give support to the Refugee mandate, although that IS an issue in that it looks like verification of that status claimed was often 'rubber-stamped'.

As some are definitely from Somalia and likely have refugee status in the U.S.. Their choosing to depart to Canada may remove that status of 'refugee' as you say. They would now become migrants.

You might tell Trudeau that....and the media which seems to support the same agenda, whether it is 'globalist' or otherwise. Redefinition has always been part of the agenda. This is another example.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Well if you turn your thinking cap on you would know it's not about land mass..and as far as that goes probably 1/3rd of ours is uninhabitable.
Now on the subject of supporting refugee's..it takes $$ right? ..like it or not, 1/10th the people means roughly 1/10th the $$ in the form of tax..get my drift?
edit on 11-8-2017 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Well if you turn your thinking cap on you would know it's not about land mass..and as far as that goes probably 1/3rd of ours is uninhabitable.
Now on the subject of supporting refugee's..it takes $$ right? ..like it or not, 1/10th the people means roughly 1/10th the $$ in the form of tax..get my drift?

Gee, thinking cap? I'd have never thought of that...(sarc).

Considering Canada's national debt, per capita vs the U.S., I'd still say, both room-wise-Canada's population is about the same as California's- and financially, the argument can be made that that Canada could handle more than the U.S.. Add in the U.S.'s the one million already arriving annually- and the morons want to double that number- and the 20 million illegals, give or take, already here.....I suppose it's a useless debate, either way.

Despite media attempts to claim otherwise, a large majority in the U. S. citizens have had enough.

I'm betting that if the course Canada is on stays the same, it won't take long for Canadians to feel similarly to Americans. JMO, though.
edit on 11-8-2017 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join