posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 05:05 PM
"I invented the internet".
- Al Gore, former U.S. Vice President
"During the scrimmage, Tarkanian paced the sideline with his hands in his pockets while biting his nails."
- AP report describing Fresno State basketball coach Jerry Tarkanian
"I get to go to lots of overseas places, like Canada."
- Britney Spears, Pop Singer
"This fellow they've nominated claims he's the new Thomas Jefferson. Well let me tell you something; I knew Thomas Jefferson. He was a friend of
mine and Governor... You're no Thomas Jefferson!"
"If you give a person a fish, they'll fish for a day. But if you train a person to fish, they'll fish for a lifetime."
- Dan Quayle, former U.S. Vice President
"It is wonderful to be here in the great state of Chicago"
- Dan Quayle, former U.S. Vice-President (though this is kind-a true)
"The doctors X-rayed my head and found nothing."
- Dizzy Dean explaining how he felt after being hit on the head by a ball in the 1934 World Series.
"I have opinions of my own --strong opinions-- but I don't always agree with them."
- George Bush, former U.S. President
"I shouldn't have to tell you who I am 'cause who I am should be speaking for its self"
Speak the truth but leave immediately after. - Slovenian Proverb
The greatest of faults, I should say, is to be conscious of none. - Thomas Carlyle
And of course,
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.