It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well ... I Guess the Chinese Want Some Too

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
... with the whole thinking it's smart to preemptively nuke China and North Korea.
It's not just smart to preemptively nuke China and North Korea ... it's prudent. It's the only way to keep 'them' from keeping the South Koreans hostage or slaughtering them out of spite to teach 'us' a lesson.

ETA: Also, the ones mentioned in my link are all far south of the DMZ. Which either proves my point about your words being suspect, means your "buddy" helped build numerous facilities in North Korea (since South Korea is south of the DMZ), or someone's telling a tall tale right now.

That's right (I didn't click your link). He was in North Korea. His support was a concession. Guess there wasn't anything we could consider a Return on Investment looking back in hindsight.

As for tall tales ... I don't lie to people. It's too hard for an old guy to keep up with lies. You, OTOH, abide by a religion that promotes lying to infidels ... don't you?

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

So you admit to knowing there are nuclear power plants being worked on in North Korea, yet you still think we should preemptively nuke them? Looks like I was correct about not trusting your judgment on this issue.

As for tall tales ... I don't lie to people. It's too hard for an old guy to keep up with lies.

LOL I didn't say you would be the one telling the tall tale. I was actually referring to either your buddy or the wikipedia article I'd linked. I addressed your comments with the "your words are suspect" angle. Let's look at my post again:

Which either proves my point about your words being suspect, means your "buddy" helped build numerous facilities in North Korea (since South Korea is south of the DMZ), or someone's telling a tall tale right now.

"Which either proves my point about your words being suspect" = referred to you, which turned out correct since you actually meant to type "North of the DMZ", not south of it.

"means your "buddy" helped build numerous facilities in North Korea (since South Korea is south of the DMZ)" = referred to your buddy, which you confirmed to be correct.

"or someone's telling a tall tale right now." = refers to your buddy or my source of info, wikipedia.

You, OTOH, abide by a religion that promotes lying to infidels ... don't you?

No I don't. There's a sect in Islam that does promote that practice, but they're a minority sect. That's like claiming that Christians as a whole follow a religion that shuns electricity just because some Amish & Mennonite sects believe that. Or thinking that Christians as a whole believe in handling venomous snakes since there are small sects of Christian "Snake Handlers" who do that.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 01:55 AM
link   
#, china freak me. imagine the mentality of mainland china, preparing for war

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 04:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

The Chinese are the bad guys here and President Trump would do well to obliterate them along with the North Koreans.

"Obliterate" the Chinese? LOLOLOLOLOLOL.

You have sunk to new levels of delusion. Good luck with "obliterating" them, not only do you seem sorely misinformed as to Chinas military capabilities but, as others have pointed out, the world will turn against you. Good luck defending yourselves against the rest of the planet.

That's not to mention the sheer arrogance of thinking America can "obliterate" whomever they please. This stems from the falsehood that many Americans believe that they have more right to be on this planet than other people of other countries.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   

The Chinese are the bad guys here and President Trump would do well to obliterate them along with the North Koreans. And I believe there's no other reason President Trump and his cabinet have waited this long. There's a legal war President Trump can Finish. If he does it right, not a single allied entity has to lose their life. If you're in China and you're reading this ... get out as fast as you can. Congress is in Recess and President Trump can do anything he damn well pleases where the Korean War is concerned.

Seriously! It is for backward people like you that this world is a messed up place! Primitive people who cannot tell the difference between government, and it's people!

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

You laugh but it is possible. with tailored nanoviruses target toward their ethnic backround. But we arent Evil like that. Still its possible to do it.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

I think it can safely be said that that sort of thinking is rather extreme.

Obliterating two countries on the off chance that they might do something certainly fits my definition of extreme, even extremely extreme.

Going to war on maybe...smdh.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
I think it can safely be said that that sort of thinking is rather extreme.

Sooner or later he'll push the envelope too far ... maybe sell a nuke to a terrorist (if he hasn't done so already).

This one looks like it's going into the Opportunity Missed bin.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Opportunity to what? Kill millions on maybe?

Quite frankly, I'm tired of the United States spending its treasure and blood on other peoples issues. Bombing a country on a maybe just isn't something we should be even contemplating, much less doing. Especially when nuclear weapons are involved. Let's not forget that we have allies down wind.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Opportunity to what? Kill millions on maybe?

Quite frankly, I'm tired of the United States spending its treasure and blood on other peoples issues. Bombing a country on a maybe just isn't something we should be even contemplating, much less doing. Especially when nuclear weapons are involved. Let's not forget that we have allies down wind.

Some people are just obsessed with war and destruction. Too many people im afraid

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   
August 23, 2017

Looks like CHINA is angry at the USA....again.

BEIJING — China demanded Wednesday that the United States immediately withdraw new sanctions on companies and individuals trading with North Korea, saying that such punitive measures will damage Sino-U.S. ties.

The Treasury Department imposed sanctions Tuesday on 10 companies and six people from China and Russia that it said had conducted business with North Korea in ways that advanced the country’s missile and nuclear weapons program.

Source: www.washingtonpost.com... .html?utm_term=.9acd2ae5946c

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: VengefulGhost

What China really wants is the status quo. The whacky uncle nobody likes to stir the pot with the rest of the family. China also doesn't want the US/UN at their border.

North Korea and that fat little turd serve both purposes. For now.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone
a reply to: modified device

we have them ringed with THAAD,Patriots and can very likely hack their first gen guidance systems,so yes they get that move and when it fails.

Excellent point. But if we strike down their missiles it is an act of war none the less.

Yes, but - we already at war. A state of war has existed between the US and North Korea since the 50's. There was never a peace treaty signed formally ending the war after the active hostilities and battles of the Korean "conflict".

It definitely does make a difference when/if it comes to the UN.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

We have a few more ahemmm...defense satelites and such protecting this area?

Well put!

lol - I'm really hoping that particular elephant is finally able to become visible and be acknowledged.

It amazes me that many people will go around confidently saying "space is not weaponized". Ha!

If those people would think about that statement for 30 seconds the answer is ridiculously obvious - of *course* space is weaponized. Certainly, we and the Russians will say they are abiding by the treaty, but all sides know the real deal.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   
My prediction is that neither the US or China/Russia will do anything to NK.

If NK have the capability to Reach the US With nukes, North Korea sure as hell would Reach China and Russia as well.
Why would China and Russia put them selves in harms way? They are not the once who are provoking Kimmy. Neither have they forced sanctions on North Korea. That is All US.

NK wants to nuke the US. Americans want to nuke North Korea. And North Korea is the only nation that is out of its mind...?

I know..... when there are only two elephants in the room. THe other elephant can only see the one in front of him. It is always the other elephant that causes problems.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Thank you. Lets hope common sense prevails. It amazes me that people cant or wont look at the human cost of returning injured vets and senseless loss of life of non-combatants.

That's true but the big problem there is with the second sentence "Let's hope common sense prevails"

Trouble is - Kim Jong-Un and the phrase "common sense" can never be used together. In any context.

And once you realize that - your options become limited.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: Abysha

Plus if china is gone, where will I get my nikes and computers from?

Isn't it sad that Air Jordans are made in China for literally 1 dollar and are shipped to the USA and sold for $275 US Dollars? Yet people will line up all night to.buy them?

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
There's no doubt what is about to occur won't be remembered as war. There aren't going to be two armies meeting on the battlefield and spilling blood.

What's going to happen is going to be sudden. The North Korean Military's ability to threaten Seoul with conventional weapons shelling is going to disappear. The North Korean's ability to launch a ballistic missile ... gone. The amount of destruction this requires ... merely a footnote in the pages of history.

The fun part comes out of China's state run news agency: Global Times. They put China's strategy out as: If North Korea strikes first - We'll do nothing. But, if the US puts down the threat (like one would a rabid dog) - Then they'll retaliate against America.

Chinese paper says China should stay neutral if North Korea attacks first
"It needs to make clear its stance to all sides and make them understand that when their actions jeopardize China's interests, China will respond with a firm hand," said the paper, which does not represent government policy.

China hopes the International Community has forgotten where sides were drawn during the Korean War. President Trump surely knows. Nikki Haley surely knows.

The Chinese are the bad guys here and President Trump would do well to obliterate them along with the North Koreans. And I believe there's no other reason President Trump and his cabinet have waited this long. There's a legal war President Trump can Finish. If he does it right, not a single allied entity has to lose their life. If you're in China and you're reading this ... get out as fast as you can. Congress is in Recess and President Trump can do anything he damn well pleases where the Korean War is concerned.

What a complete load of rubbish! China are the bad guys? Are you saying illegally invading middle eastern countries, giving rise to isis, and leaving the people to live in a hell hole is good?

You are seriously deluded, and have this creepy fascination with china being this evil country set out to destroy us all, when in fact, the west are doing a pretty good jib at doing that!

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Jay-morris

China is no friend to the west. They as a nation and economy need the west a lot more than the west needs them. Not selling goods/products to the US would mean their military spending will go to almost zero.

Speaking of military spending, have you forgotten (or maybe didn’t know) that The Chinese are as advanced militarily due to hacking US and western computers? They’re actually #1 or #2 in the world regarding hacking.

In my opinion, ISIS/Middle East and China is apples and oranges.

Alas, I’m not that smart.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   
China would not want North Korea armed with nukes for some obvious reasons. North Korea is right in their backyard and a nuclear conflict could easily cause radioactive fall out on Chinese soil. A nuclear armed North Korea will inevitably cause a nuclear Armed South Korea, and after the recent threats to Japan, the Japanese could possibly nuclearize there military too. China will be an unhappy neighbor in a hostile nuclear armed neighborhood of nations that will be able to defy and possibly devastate it. Who knows who a cash strapped North Korea might sell technology and weapons to in the future ? China would not want this scenario. They would want the status quo if Kim shows he wants peace and will obey international law but that just does not seem very realistic at present.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join