It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well ... I Guess the Chinese Want Some Too

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

China has a problem: They are very dependant on trade with the west, their growt over the last 3 decades was 100% based on enslaving his people to produce crap to sell on the west, via corrupt greedy western corporations that left unemployment at home in exchange for a cheap labour high profitable lot in china.

How will china deal with an exclusion of the world trade?

China won´t do anything if the us attack first.

Besides that they´d rather get rid of the fat schmuck than have him there, as long as the US won´t stiff his claws in the territory. And that it what they will discuss after the fat schmuck has been sent to the company of his daddy and poppy.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   
For any that care. An actual informed opinion.
This is one of the most ill informed and ignorant opinions I have read regarding NK. For starters, I am in the US military. I will explain a few things to you as quick as I can. This is not the Middle East, where we move in with a global coalition with little resistance and find against guerrilla-esque tactics. We sh*t-kick enemies in that part of the world. But we are not worried about air defenses, air craft, a navy, or economic repercussions.
Now, in the pacific theater. I will keep this short since it will be buried in comments.
A war in NK would spawn an enormous refugee crisis for China. Also, China and NK are allied for a few reasons, one of the biggest being that China has a community buffer between themselves and more American influence (seen mainly in SK and Japan). The consequences of instability in the region may not only be military conflict with China (which, I'll be blunt, we don't win that war without global scale intervention), but China also has the potential to cripple us economically. If you think China will sit by and let us take out KJU, potentially ending the regime and reunifying Korea under a capitalist and westernized style government, holy f*uck are you wrong.
All of this is without taking into account that we would be spread thin given our numbers in the Middle East, and we are not equipped to engage in 3 conflicts at once.
You seem to have very little understanding of what would happen, short term and long term, in a war with NK.
Please educate yourself and stop promoting this stupidity.

edit on 12-8-2017 by TearThePod because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-8-2017 by TearThePod because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TearThePod

Don't worry, the OP (original poster) has China covered in his plans. Did you see this post?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   
This entire topic is fearmongering and smoke n mirrors designed to take everyone's attention off our internal political problems.

A fearful militarized population is easy to mind control. They accept corruption at home so long as it protects them from the monsters abroad.

It's fake news...

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
a reply to: yuppa

Evac S koreas main city before hand as well.

Not thinking this through, huh? Half of South Korea's entire population lives in the metropolitan area of Seoul. Seoul is also the home of the major South Korean multinationals like Samsung, LG, Hyundai, etc. You can't evacuate that many people and that many resources without tipping North Korea off, especially since Seoul is less than 40 miles from the North Korean border.

Do they have underground shelters like britain did in the blitz? if so do that. Otherwise oh well. At least evac the americans like in Nam.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   

It is funny watching all of these people bash you for defending the USA. I mean FFS north Korea has threatened to nuke us how many times now? To many to count I'm sure. Well you can only cry wolf so many times. Eventually he is going to play his hand, and then all these peace loving people who have no clue what they're talking about will say why didn't Trump take them out when NK was threatening to nuke. It is unfortunately inevitable. If we still have the internet when that happens, just show everyone this forum. Or ATS in general plenty of examples.

Get it thru your heads we are the ones being threatened. And you just want to sit on your hands until your gone.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Crumbles
It is funny watching all of these people bash you for defending the USA.

It's quite interesting to me. I don't believe it to be simply reactionary either. There's something about the way that I think and the way that they think. Neither side is going to give an inch on their stance.

The best ones are where the 'lurker' surfaces to oppose my viewpoint.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Fresh accounts to let you know your wrong huh.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   
This is all much ado about nothing ...It's saber rattling. Kim Jong Un is just trying to pull more concessions from the U.S. It's not going to happen this time, though. This is not Bush or Obama he is dealing with. Trump is just calling his bluff here. Daring him to bring it.

He won't, though. KJU knows that, if he strikes first, he and NK are done. Annihilated. He needs China, and they won't intervene in that event. So he's going to sit back, not get his concessions this time, and like it.

The best thing Trump can do at this point is to just ignore the annoying little gnat going forward. When it comes down to it, KJU and NK are irrelevant on the World stage. They have no power. He is just attention whoring right now. Ignore him and he'll go away. Let China deal with that tiny insecure brat ...
edit on 8/13/2017 by Jubilation T Cornpone because: grammatical corrections

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: bally001

Too much of a nightmare to even contemplate.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   

This piqued my curiosity so I checked to see if South Korea had nuclear power plants. It turns out they have at least 5 which produce more than 20% of their power, though they're scattered along their coasts (HERE). Combined w/your reasoning, I'm even more convinced that the retaliation for strikes against North Korea would be catastrophic for everyone in the region because I suspect North Korea would target those reactors.

I also checked and North Korea has reportedly been trying to build nuclear power plants for a long time. The most recent info I found claimed the site of one of their experimental nuclear power plants had been rapidly expanding, and that was in 2011 (HERE).
edit on 13-8-2017 by enlightenedservant because: added 2nd link

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: yosako

Does a troll bird tweeting Pi make it look smart?

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
This piqued my curiosity so I checked ...

You checked. You could have asked me and I could have told you.

I also checked and North Korea has reportedly been trying to build nuclear power plants for a long time.

Again, you could have asked. I could have told you a personal golfing buddy of mine spent five years north of the DMZ assisting in the construction of one (or more) of these facilities.

Just sayin'. You keep on keeping on.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Why would I need to ask you when I can find the info on my own? Not to mention, I take your words with a grain of salt since your judgment is pretty suspect to me right now. You know, with the whole thinking it's smart to preemptively nuke China and North Korea.

ETA: Also, the ones mentioned in my link are all far south of the DMZ. Which either proves my point about your words being suspect, means your "buddy" helped build numerous facilities in North Korea (since South Korea is south of the DMZ), or someone's telling a tall tale right now.
edit on 13-8-2017 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Yeah, thanks for that. I sometimes wonder whether the nuclear plants are taken into consideration. Wouldn't take a direct hit. Just enough to take out a power grid, some populace and cause irradiation but on wide scale. I think of a meltdown.

Cheers for following up.

bally

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 04:25 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

I agree. A real nightmare. The threat of a strike over demographics that are indirectly dependent upon nuclear power may not wipe out those in the immediate area but would ensure that the plant could not operate effectively.

All I simply say is that regardless of where a tactical strike takes place, if there is a plant in the local vicinity relying on the use of power and/or operation by people affected then that start plant is going to fail.

There probably wouldn't be resources available to sustain the power and maintenance. Given several nuclear stations that may be hit within a region I guess then we would have more to consider over a broader range than a local strike.

Cheers for your reply,

bally

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   

When you say boomer (whatever that is supposed to mean), I think you mean 'murican aircraft carriers. Nope China doesn't have a missile that can SINGLE HANDEDLY sink that piece of metal garbage.

MIRVs require satellites to operate one would think. Nope, China doesn't have demonstrated capability to knock down satellites from space.

Then again, China doesn't have missile defense shields of course. Because that is something just our great overlords Muricans have. Huzzah murica, dumbass.

Chinese submarines popped right up in the middle of an active wargame, completely undetected by your murica.

There are talks that the latest Chinese fighter jet has BETTER stealth than the F22 Raptor (the best that murica currently has).

Then again, Russia and China are working together on many fronts. The Russians have super-sonic ICBMs that were specifically designed to be very hard to counter using a missile defense shield. And then again nope, Russia would not share that with it's currently most staunch ally China now would it?

And of course, China & Russia do NOT have mobile laser units that can knock down missiles. Of course not, how could the backward countries be greater than dumbass murica.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: coldweather

I wonder about your denunciation of American capabilities when you do not know what a Boomer is.

When you talk about the "reports" of a Chinese stealth fighter better than the F-22, are you talking about the clip that had Top Gun outtakes in it from a few years ago?

Supersonic ICBM's would be awesome, I would imagine, considering hypersonic ICBM's are already "in the know" for America's arsenal LoL

Lasers? Is China gonna Pew-Pew our missiles out of the sky in the seconds they have?

Everything China have they stole from America. They are years behind us, if not decades.

Herp-derp 'murica all you want. China has a $%#-ton of troops. That is what China has. End of list.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Dialogue, talking is always the civilized way to effect change. It's just another sad part of our planets history. They have healthy people, land and resources, they could just get along and be happy but NK just wants to go on like this. I can only see them as the hermit who is insecure and afraid of other cultures and ways of life. Which is fine as long as people respect eachother and allow others to be happy instead of threatening with nuclear attacks.

I can't see China siding with NK, I'm hoping they'll drop them as allies if Kim does anything stupid like trying to fight against a well established superpower with lots of friends, while NK is almost the opposite and just has a few significant military assets. From what I can tell it's all shambles and trying to keep up appearances how great they are while in fact they haven't seen much military action and their assets look old and not very well maintained.

I pray for the people of NK their regime will change and they can enjoy more happiness.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: spliffster

You cant talk the crazy out of a crazy person. KIm is beyond hope since his birth.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join