It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well ... I Guess the Chinese Want Some Too

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Beijing doesn't have the same power over Kim Jong-Un as they did over his father , it's been known for a while that they are not happy with the situation.
I think Beijing believes Mr Kim will only attack if he's attacked hence the statement , I also believe the statement is meant as a warning to Pyongyang that if they do something stupid they're on their own.

Mr Kim's threat to fire 4 missiles toward Guam is another signal that he's doing this for effect , he's goading the US and sadly Trump and his team are falling for it.
If the situation wasn't so serious the threat would be laughable.

Hell, that's an act of war if he launches the missiles.

Hit or miss, nuke tipped or not. Just need 1 missile headed in that direction, anyway.

Bye bye Kim.

NATO would be drawn into it against China, so China won't be doing anything except faking a snit fit.

Turn NK into a living museum, like Jamestown.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: proteus33
a reply to: Snarl
No, he would do well to gather real time intel on the location of Kim and then hit him with a combo of preciscion weapons and bunker busting ordnance ...

Might work, but there's a lot at risk.

No one knows who is authorized to give the commands for North Korea's conventional artillery units to open fire on the city of Seoul. Back when I was a Soldier stationed there it was estimated that the North Korean artillery could erase one square kilometer of the city every seven seconds until they ran out of ammunition.

I think that just about warrants carpet-bombing everything north of the DMZ to a distance of about 50 miles with the sun-bright glow of thermonuclear wonder.

I read something about that the other day.

I too was under that impression about NK's artillery.

At Least Eight Reasons Why The Talk Of North Korea Leveling Seoul Is Simply Wrong

Before we get started let’s clear away two falsehoods in this pullquote. North Korea has about 700 artillery systems, tube and rocket, that can shoot 30 miles or more. There are perhaps 200 rocket systems that can cover the full 44 miles shown on the map. The tube artillery can barely hit Seoul’s northern suburbs. There are not “similar corps” on either side as the west side of the map is ocean. See the map of DPRK Army corps below if you doubt me.

www.redstate.com...

It makes some sense if true.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: scraedtosleep

You're missing the big picture. If we were making those items domestically again, real wages would skyrocket as manufacturing jobs pay more than service jobs do, so America's middle class would experience a revival and would be able to afford Made in the US quality items again.

The big picture is that we are talking about the death of (chinese/korean) humans for this to happen.

Less mouths to feed. they should be happy.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
I read something about that the other day.

I too was under that impression about NK's artillery.

Back in those days, Kim, Il Sung was the bad-guy-in-charge. We had tactical nukes on the peninsula. The 4-Star had release authority. All that was needed was an Intel Report that the North had brought more artillery within firing range of Seoul.

Kim, Il Sung was aware of this and never tested US Policy.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

CHina and NK are what we call Decaptation targets. their militaries are so big that killing the leadership effectively stop their war machine.

1 At what cost
2 How much of the leadership needs to be killed
3 what leadership would take its place, Pro democracy, free monitored elections?

Because killing Saddam Hussein brought democracy to Iraq? Amirite?

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

What money is built into the system? - you would have to keep borrowing - the arrogance I see is that you wilfuly ignore debt as if its a good thing to kick the can perpetually down the road. You know, the Americans are really nice people but that type of sabre rattling and hubris you display in most of this thread is a type of cognitive dissonance.
Or do you advocate the continuing state of affairs - perpetual war.

You even wrote a thread about the lies coming out of Japan about the leaking radiation. Do you want more nukes going off and radiation ending up in the ocean, I know I dont, the Indian Ocean is right above me.

If things escalate and India Pakistan China and Russia get involved and ultimately Europe will Americans have disposable money to buy war bonds like they did in WW2 due to a long engagement?

Lets seek more diplomacy before untold death and misery gets ignited

www.usdebtclock.org...
edit on 11-8-2017 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

CHina and NK are what we call Decaptation targets. their militaries are so big that killing the leadership effectively stop their war machine.

1 At what cost
2 How much of the leadership needs to be killed
3 what leadership would take its place, Pro democracy, free monitored elections?

Because killing Saddam Hussein brought democracy to Iraq? Amirite?

WHat cost? Nothing but US bombs dropping on non US citizens for being too stupid to overthrow their king. Evac S koreas main city before hand as well.
How much of th eleadership? All who do not want to let china run their country.
WHat type of government? CHinese control as th eprice for being able to decimate Kimmy.

Killing saddam should had been it for our involvement. we are not to rebuild nations we level. it never works.

Also Russians eventually want to rule chinese territory for their resources So i do not see them helping china do anything. remember RUssia had planed to double cross hitler. russia is no ones ally for real.
edit on 17000000pppm by yuppa because: added information

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Thanks. Have exit plan in place and live 1 hour from HK border.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boscov

Don't be fooled by China's political posturing or diplomatic stance. NK isn't an ally problem for them, rather, NK is their radical war mongering State.

Yep NK is launching chinese missles off chinese made launchers.Don't think china will fight if NK hit just protect their tuff from the escaping slaves fron NK. We can't take the chance that NK would nuke Fukoshima japan that would pretty much do everyone in

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Evac S koreas main city before hand as well.

Not thinking this through, huh? Half of South Korea's entire population lives in the metropolitan area of Seoul. Seoul is also the home of the major South Korean multinationals like Samsung, LG, Hyundai, etc. You can't evacuate that many people and that many resources without tipping North Korea off, especially since Seoul is less than 40 miles from the North Korean border.

edit on 11-8-2017 by enlightenedservant because: typo

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I don't believe it is out of fear, I believe it is out of anger, which isn't any better, just different.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
It was the North that invaded the South that started the Korean war. They did it because Truman moved our powerful fleet to protect the rightful Democratic government of China in exile on Taiwan. NK always has been and always will be a puppet of Communist China.

Why does Kim threaten Guam when he can easily threaten the West Coast, or anywhere in the mainland States, or even Hawaii or Alaska?

It is because Guam is the US Military's center of power in the pacific that China wants removed. China has negotiated its way into making island bases all over the place by putting a dime in the Kim jukebox over and over again. NK is just a tool in China's expansionist policy.

Trump is putting an end to it.

Can anyone imagine how fast Hillary would be vacating Guam after China's recent dime in the NK jukebox? China would be overfilling the Clinton Foundation coffers for her expedient departure.

I think you hit the nail on the head. Its tactical warfare and i think china is the biggest benefactor here.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Speaking of radiation leaks and of Japan perhaps. If perchance a hit took out a reactor or 2 whether in Japan or another country which utilises reactors. The outcome may even be more devastating around the world to even those nations that have no interest in a conflict of this kind.

No one or anything to prevent the reactors from meltdown. Imagine taking out several reactors or their power supplies in strikes. Who can possibly battle that scenario if the immediate populations and infrastructure are destroyed.

My thoughts.

kind regards,

bally

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Chinese President Xi Jinping spoke with President Trump Friday Night. He asked his friend Donald to chill out.
www.washingtonpost.com... d7e_story.html?utm_term=.f7b56546605c

Wasn't it the Chinese President who was dining with President Trump, when Trump calmly pulled out his cell phone and ordered the military strike on Syria? If so, Xi Jinping knows very well that the U.S. President is NOT bluffing with Kim Jong.

I bet Trump was thinking ahead to this moment, when calling that airstrike in the Chinese President's presence. We are blessed with an amazingly gifted President.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 02:35 AM
link   

The Chinese are the bad guys here and President Trump would do well to obliterate them along with the North Koreans.

If we "obliterated China" and some how avioded the entire word being detroyed from the nuke retaliation, USA would have another delemia on it's hands; who would make all our stuff for us? Americans are porley equiped in regards to a skilled, productive and cheap labor force to assemble all the goods we buy and consume in such mass quantities, on a daily basis.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Trump just told Xi he will start trade war next week. Good to persuade the Very Different Chinese Mind to go along with the locked and loaded policy. Foer everyone who has dealt with the Chinese even a little, should know that "do or die" approach DOESN't work in the Under-heaven empire.

As far as the Chinese editorial of "conditional war", let guess how long it will stand. China may not answer a conventional tomahawk retaliation of USA in the style of Syria...to get US involved deep enough may be. I would not believe the Chinese unofficial statement in some newspaper to be the corner-stone of post-Kim era.

The war will be the start of WW3, nuclear, short but furious. Who said fire and fury, oh it was Trump.
edit on 12-8-2017 by 2012newstart because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

Trump would do well to obliterate them along with the North Koreans.

Well, there is no sense to arguing THAT idea.

What's worse, his statement, or the fact this thread is getting s&fs

Your lack of vision?

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

And it's ironic how these appeals to "obliterate" a country with 25 million people (North Korea) and obliterate a second country with about 1.4 billion people aren't considered extremism.

What does Russia think about all this?

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

What does Russia's opinion have to do with my statement?

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

And it's ironic how these appeals to "obliterate" a country with 25 million people (North Korea) and obliterate a second country with about 1.4 billion people aren't considered extremism.

What does Russia think about all this?

Does a piece of land think?

edit on 17201715amk2017 by yosako because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join